X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    TD is #9 on the Rookie ladder.. so he is making noise:
    https://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder

But that's a big ladder to climb to get to the top. I still think Zion will be the favourite by season's end. If not him Morant will probably get it.
    Zion will need considerably better stats than Morant to get to #1 with less than 60 games played. Like Lebron in his rookie year "only" average 21/5.5/5.5...like even if Zion came close to that, is it enough to beat Morant with 60-70% of his games played? I doubt it. Morant is flirting with 20 ppg to go along with 6 assists, in one of the least talked about markets in the league
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Or they're trying to see what they really have in Morris in anticipation of his FA instead of the guy they already control?
      Ahh yes make sense. See what you have in a 30 year old morris brother with 8 years experince, who just recently fucked over another franchise instead of letting you young rookie develop and get late game shots. Your already a bad team so why let you future of the franchise get late game shots when their are no expectations? And instead give those shots to a guy looking to grab one last big deal, I'm sure he will show your franchise loyalty after her just reneged on a contract this past summer with a well respected franchise.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Or they're trying to see what they really have in Morris in anticipation of his FA instead of the guy they already control?
        Then they're still stupid. He's a 30 year old 9 year vet, and a fairly productive bonehead.. We know who Marcus Morris is. If anything you jack up his value in the summer by putting up better raw numbers with more shots. Good for Marcus Morris, no doubt.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Zion will need considerably better stats than Morant to get to #1 with less than 60 games played. Like Lebron in his rookie year "only" average 21/5.5/5.5...like even if Zion came close to that, is it enough to beat Morant with 60-70% of his games played? I doubt it. Morant is flirting with 20 ppg to go along with 6 assists, in one of the least talked about markets in the league
          Sometimes these awards are about narrative than actual stats. The guys that vote for ROY are media members. Like the Doug Smith's and Steve Simmons' of the world.. and most of these guys won't be watching Morant. Yet half of NO's games seem to be nationally televised.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Ahh yes make sense. See what you have in a 30 year old morris brother with 8 years experince, who just recently fucked over another franchise instead of letting you young rookie develop and get late game shots. Your already a bad team so why let you future of the franchise get late game shots when their are no expectations? And instead give those shots to a guy looking to grab one last big deal, I'm sure he will show your franchise loyalty after her just reneged on a contract this past summer with a well respected franchise.
            LOL Knicks pro scouts be like... hmmmm this morris kid sure looks promising

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

LOL Knicks pro scouts be like... hmmmm this morris kid sure looks promising

Only way this is a good move is if they are inflating his value to deal him at the deadline. But this is the knicks were talking about they probably keep him and offer him a huge contract next year to pair with derozan or drummond.

Comment

Sometimes these awards are about narrative than actual stats. The guys that vote for ROY are media members. Like the Doug Smith's and Steve Simmons' of the world.. and most of these guys won't be watching Morant. Yet half of NO's games seem to be nationally televised.
                I was watching NO-Suns last night on National TV. Reggie miller was going on about how he didn't think Zion was going to play at all this year, looked like he put on weight since he's been out etc. Suddenly half way through the game Reggie say oh ya pelicans are saying Zion will be back by mid december. Surely he got world from his TNT buddys to shut the fuck up, we have 20+ pellicans games this season. But maybe reggie knows something the rest of the NBA wants to keep a secret for now.

Comment

It's the Knicks

Comment

It's worse than that. When you watch tomorrow, pay attention to how many times after a defensive rebound the Knicks stop and wait so that Julius Randle can bring the ball up the floor. They are the Reverse-Raptors.

Comment

• Comment

• With the emergence of TD and RHJ, do the Raptors have too much depth? Boucher has been playing great as of late too. What happens when Ibaka and Lowry get back and these guys who have earned minutes get pushed further down the bench? I think Norm might be the guy who has to go or do you guys think a bigger trade will happen this season?

Comment

• Davis continues to impress. He's our best 2 guard imo.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            With the emergence of TD and RHJ, do the Raptors have too much depth? Boucher has been playing great as of late too. What happens when Ibaka and Lowry get back and these guys who have earned minutes get pushed further down the bench? I think Norm might be the guy who has to go or do you guys think a bigger trade will happen this season?
                            First world problems when everyone is gelling. We probably have too much depth. But that depth can give some of our starters some more rest. I mean wasn't Lowry averaging over 40mpg before he got hurt? Now that TD has proven that he can play we don't need to do that anymore.

If we flip some of our guys for an all-star caliber player like Holiday than we could mess with our chemistry. Does Jrue start or Fred? Is Fred okay coming of the bench? Can Jrue play our style?

But yeah Norm and Stan seem like the best trade assets we have. Both are easily expendable. Just not sure what we can get for them. Even if we can shave one year off of Norm's contract it might be worth it. Like Tony Snell for Norm. Snell is kind of a sh!tty player but he expires one year before Norm does. Just keep him on the bench and play TD and Matt more. But we can also make that kind of trade in the summer and just keep Norm for one more year here.

Comment

First world problems when everyone is gelling. We probably have too much depth. But that depth can give some of our starters some more rest. I mean wasn't Lowry averaging over 40mpg before he got hurt? Now that TD has proven that he can play we don't need to do that anymore.

If we flip some of our guys for an all-star caliber player like Holiday than we could mess with our chemistry. Does Jrue start or Fred? Is Fred okay coming of the bench? Can Jrue play our style?

But yeah Norm and Stan seem like the best trade assets we have. Both are easily expendable. Just not sure what we can get for them. Even if we can shave one year off of Norm's contract it might be worth it. Like Tony Snell for Norm. Snell is kind of a sh!tty player but he expires one year before Norm does. Just keep him on the bench and play TD and Matt more. But we can also make that kind of trade in the summer and just keep Norm for one more year here.
                              I mean depending on how realistic Masai thinks our chances of defending the championship are/aren't, how high he is on Davis and a likely a bunch of other factors, maybe Davis could be an eventual replacement for Freddy. I don't personally think that TD is anywhere near ready to step into FVV's shoes, but I think FVV would bring more back in a trade than Norm.

Comment

I would be curious to see what we could get for Powell, SJ, and a first round pick. Honestly, the Raptors organization has been so good at finding gems that I find myself less concerned about whether or not we have first round draft picks which will be late in the draft anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X