No announcement yet.

Everything Terence Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes its under limited minutes, but if you go to ESPN real plus minus league rankings. the obvious Lebron and Giannis are 1 and 2. but #6 in the league is Terrence Davis as of 4 days ago. hes now at #8.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm

in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• I really think Terrence Davis starting benefits the team the MOST. Every game Terrence plays 25+ minutes a game he gets into rhythm and produces.

Norm and FVV are vets and I have the utmost confidence they will still contribute coming off the bench. They should all be getting 25+ minutes per game. All staying fresh with the ability to expend more energy on defence.

Starting lineup

Pascal, Kyle, Gasol, TD2, Pascal

Bench

FVV, MaFuzy, Norm

Extended Bench

9/10 - Boucher/Rondae

I feel Davis starting can be part of Raptors championship puzzle. No slight to FVV at all. Hell Lou Williams has come off bench his entire career and Is deadly. FVV coming off bench would benefit team. Keep Kyles minutes down and lower his FA value a bit.

Comment

• Moog wrote: View Post
        I really think Terrence Davis starting benefits the team the MOST. Every game Terrence plays 25+ minutes a game he gets into rhythm and produces.

Norm and FVV are vets and I have the utmost confidence they will still contribute coming off the bench. They should all be getting 25+ minutes per game. All staying fresh with the ability to expend more energy on defence.

Starting lineup

Pascal, Kyle, Gasol, TD2, Pascal

Bench

FVV, MaFuzy, Norm

Extended Bench

9/10 - Boucher/Rondae

I feel Davis starting can be part of Raptors championship puzzle. No slight to FVV at all. Hell Lou Williams has come off bench his entire career and Is deadly. FVV coming off bench would benefit team. Keep Kyles minutes down and lower his FA value a bit.
        It's no secret. When players know they're getting 20-30 minutes per game, unconditionally, then they can let the game come to them instead of feeling the pressure to "produce" and make something happen every shift. That leads to dumb mistakes of aggression. Even with those mistakes of aggression, TD2 is still has a fantastic impact rating, which is a good indication of a high BBIQ... especially for a rookie.

That's why McCaw is so frustrating. He IS getting those 20-30 minutes, unconditionally, and at this point we're getting excited if he hits a wide open 3-pt shot once in a while and doesn't tank the offense otherwise. The difference in expectations for TD vs. McCaw are like the sun and the moon.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

It's no secret. When players know they're getting 20-30 minutes per game, unconditionally, then they can let the game come to them instead of feeling the pressure to "produce" and make something happen every shift. That leads to dumb mistakes of aggression. Even with those mistakes of aggression, TD2 is still has a fantastic impact rating, which is a good indication of a high BBIQ... especially for a rookie.

That's why McCaw is so frustrating. He IS getting those 20-30 minutes, unconditionally, and at this point we're getting excited if he hits a wide open 3-pt shot once in a while and doesn't tank the offense otherwise. The difference in expectations for TD vs. McCaw are like the sun and the moon.
          Totally agree with you Golden. McCaw and Stanley Johnson are $7+ million cap space wasted for next yr. That money needs to go to Serge, FVV, Marc, Boucher

Comment

• Hope TD enjoys his all-star break and also puts some time in resting or rehabbing or whatever is required to get his groove back. I think he puts a lot of pressure on himself. I guess almost all of these guys do. Davis seems to excel when he is just playing within the flow of the game. Hope to see more of that for the final run-up to the playoffs.

Comment

• TD doesn't have Nurse's trust yet, but looking at the bigger picture I don't think this is awful for his career. He has a real chance to be a special player for this organization like FVV or Siakam. If keeping him on a short leash helps to teach him to protect the ball, not make dumb plays etc. then he'll return next season all the better for it. He's oozing potential guys and playing him more this season isn't going to really change our playoff chances. Let him learn how to play the game the right way and keep him hungry.

Now McCaw playing more minutes is baffling, but again a teaching tool to show what Nurse values in a guard..low turnovers, protect the ball, defend, know your role

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                Now McCaw playing more minutes is baffling, but again a teaching tool to show what Nurse values in a guard..low turnovers, protect the ball, defend, know your role
                I'd be so much happier with McCaw if he was a good defender and didn't turn the ball over.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I'd be so much happier with McCaw if he was a good defender and didn't turn the ball over.
                  Well he must be a heck of a performer in practice because Nurse is committed to him come hell or...gasp*

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

He has a chance to say “I was runner up to Ja Morant”. Which is still unbelievable.
                    Zion even though he missed half the season has ridiculous numbers. Zion will be runner up. TD should be top 3

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post

Zion even though he missed half the season has ridiculous numbers. Zion will be runner up. TD should be top 3
                      How many games did Zion miss? With over 5/8ths of the season gone, there are 13 rookies that have played over a 1000 minutes - Zion has played 274. I would think some of these other guys - Nunn, Clarke, Hunter, Garland, etc - would get looks over him but I guess you never know when you're talking about the biggest name that also happens to be so exciting and impactful.

I'm still excited to see him/his highlights in the Rising Stars game, even though he shouldn't really be there.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post

I love T.D as much as the next guy but lets be real theirs alot of rookies having better seasons then him dudes only averaging 8 pts, 3.5 rebs 1.7 asts. He has had a handful of really good games but also alot where he didnt get many minutes. Fouled his way out of the game etc. Ja, Zion and R.J will be the finalist. Nunn, Herro, Rui, Clarke washington are all having better rookie season.
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I love T.D as much as the next guy but lets be real theirs alot of rookies having better seasons then him dudes only averaging 8 pts, 3.5 rebs 1.7 asts. He has had a handful of really good games but also alot where he didnt get many minutes. Fouled his way out of the game etc. Ja, Zion and R.J will be the finalist. Nunn, Herro, Rui, Clarke washington are all having better rookie season.
                          What are their per 36 numbers? Seems like Davis gets a lot of games where he only plays 5 minutes. Hard to get going under those kinds of showings.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

What are their per 36 numbers? Seems like Davis gets a lot of games where he only plays 5 minutes. Hard to get going under those kinds of showings.
                            Ya may have better per 36 but none of the dudes voting on this outside of maybe zach Lowe are going to be looking at anything outside of counting stats
                            Last edited by bertarapsfan; Sat Feb 15, 2020, 01:03 AM.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Ya may have better per 36 but none of the dudes voting on this outside of maybe zach Lowe are going to be looking at anything outside of counting stats
                              Yeah, I don't doubt that. Exposure south of the border is a factor as well. By not playing TD Nurse hurt his chances. Coach is free to do what he wants and Nurse may be making the correct choices for TD's development but, as usual, players on poor teams will get fed minutes that allow them to increase their raw game count for stats, and guys coming from college programs with heavy hype have better name recognition and a lot more press. It is always a battle in my mind between who "deserves" to be in these events because of ability, and who "deserves" to be in them because of marketability and the desire to please the fans. That's just my take.

Comment

• Also have to understand that normally, a chip winning team would have precious few minutes for rookies to play significant minutes and impress the powers that be judges. However with all the injuries this season, there have been minutes available for a variety of players but especially with what McCaws been given, not as much as you'd have on some of those scrub teams the other NBA rooks have been showing on.

Comment

Working...
                                X