Everything Terence Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    The best prospect-player comparison for Terrence at this point has to be Jrue Holiday. Beefcaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake.
    How about John Starks/Ben Gordon combo?
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

How about John Starks/Ben Gordon combo?
      Mini-Jimmy Butler is probably the best comp I've heard. Plays with a similar physicality. TD is a better 3-pt shooter, which is really incredible.

Comment

• He's looking like Terrence Davis. I'm sure that comparison is going to become more and more popular to describe this particular skill set when rookies entered the league.

Comment

• Starks is a good comparison, good slasher, pretty good defender, alright shooter from beyond the arc. I think he could progress into that role quite well, but I could see him shooting the 3 better and being a better playmaker. You can tell Nurse is pushing towards being closer to a combo guard.

TD will be a good defender once he has a better understanding of the game. The effort and athleticism is there, it's just the reps now.

In the Portland game he seemed to be forcing things a little too much and not moving the ball. It's reminiscent of how Norm used to play, I hope he watches the tape and corrects that.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            Thoughts on TD's ceiling?
            I don't think he will ever have the passing game or be orchestrate an offense like Baron Davis, but he can shoot and attack the rim like BD.

Comment

• I think he can be like Oladipo
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I don't think he will ever have the passing game or be orchestrate an offense like Baron Davis, but he can shoot and attack the rim like BD.
                Terrence Ross + Baron Davis = Terrence Davis

Comment

• I like the Jrue comparison because both are more hybrid guards than "merely" combo guards, they can legit play the 1. And TD already has an NBA body, looking a little thicker than when he started the season, and the defensive potential that comes along with it. TD may be a little more dynamic as a risk-taker and gunner than Jrue, but he'll probably never have that loosey-goosey approach to guard play that B-Diddy was capable of playing effectively.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Terrence Ross + Baron Davis = Terrence Davis
                    Right now he looks like a more talented Norm, on offense. I guess the coaches felt he was already too good for the G League, but I would love to see him go through the system like FVV, Siakam, and Norm. It did wonders for them.

Comment

• This guy's a keeper, just give him minutes! How lucky have the Raps been with their picks and player development? Wow.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                        This guy's a keeper, just give him minutes! How lucky have the Raps been with their picks and player development? Wow.
                        I think its more hard work than luck at this point. Tolzman and his team are thorough. Compare it to Charlotte or New York who can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground. It starts at the top and trickles down
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I think its more hard work than luck at this point. Tolzman and his team are thorough. Compare it to Charlotte or New York who can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground. It starts at the top and trickles down
                          From scouting to player development there are few teams that do it as well as the Raptors. It's a big part of why tanking was so appealing at one point. If they could create a championship contender with picks in the 20's, what could they have done with lottery picks?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

From scouting to player development there are few teams that do it as well as the Raptors. It's a big part of why tanking was so appealing at one point. If they could create a championship contender with picks in the 20's, what could they have done with lottery picks?
                            I dunno, to me it's the opposite. Ujiri is the reason the tank debate is over. Back in 2012, 2013 we thought a team needed a top 2 or 3 pick to land a superstar. Since that time, Ujiri has won a title, lost arguably the worlds best player, and is back in contention. Don't look now, but Lowry could retire tomorrow and we've low key built another eastern conference contender thats still rising. There seems to be no end in sight to 50 wins.

To me, losing on purpose and suffering through all that is a complete misuse of your time when you have the worlds best NBA GM in Ujiri.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I dunno, to me it's the opposite. Ujiri is the reason the tank debate is over. Back in 2012, 2013 we thought a team needed a top 2 or 3 pick to land a superstar. Since that time, Ujiri has won a title, lost arguably the worlds best player, and is back in contention. Don't look now, but Lowry could retire tomorrow and we've low key built another eastern conference contender thats still rising. There seems to be no end in sight to 50 wins.

To me, losing on purpose and suffering through all that is a complete misuse of your time when you have the worlds best NBA GM in Ujiri.
                              Even Masai confirmed that you may not need a top 2 or 3 pick, but you do need a superstar. It's REALLY hard and rare without.
                              Let's see what the remaining season brings as a chip here would be 100% more impressive than last year ....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Even Masai confirmed that you may not need a top 2 or 3 pick, but you do need a superstar. It's REALLY hard and rare without.
                                Let's see what the remaining season brings as a chip here would be 100% more impressive than last year ....
                                This years result doesn't change Masai's A+ grade at all. It's actually remarkable to lose the worlds best player and also lose Danny Green and still be as good as last year. Let's see if he can get us another superstar in the next few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X