Everything Terence Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this is true?

"And in other Raptors' news, solid rookie Terence Davis exercises his free speech rights on Instagram by sharing his COVID-19 conspiracy theories and showing a pic of his mask with a hole cut out of it in protest. Way to exercise your freedom and rights all the way to the end of the bench for the remainder of this season, Terence."

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
      So this is true?

"And in other Raptors' news, solid rookie Terence Davis exercises his free speech rights on Instagram by sharing his COVID-19 conspiracy theories and showing a pic of his mask with a hole cut out of it in protest. Way to exercise your freedom and rights all the way to the end of the bench for the remainder of this season, Terence."
      Yeah, he had some conspiracy theory posts on IG.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
        So this is true?

This league has welcomed protest now. It sounds like Davis (while misguided) is protesting something he feels is wrong. I don't want to read into this too much but he does not appear to be someone attempting to hurt anyone but rather was looking to start a conversation. My guess is he apologizes to his teammates for the distraction and this blows over.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

This league has welcomed protest now. It sounds like Davis (while misguided) is protesting something he feels is wrong. I don't want to read into this too much but he does not appear to be someone attempting to hurt anyone but rather was looking to start a conversation. My guess is he apologizes to his teammates for the distraction and this blows over.
          Actively sabotaging the safety protocols in place is not exactly the best way to protest without hurting anyone. I suspect you are right about this blowing over, especially after what I'm sure was a difficult conversation with Masai and Bobby.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

This thing is far more concerning to me than his play so far in the restart. Gotta get that young man's head on straight.
            Time for his "Come to Jesus Meeting." The young man needs someone to step up into a mentor role if he doesn't have someone already in that role. In fact, maybe even if he DOES have someone in that role, because appearances don't indicate a high level of common sense. Dedication, yes, but some poor choices seem like they are being made. Hate to see him miss out on a great career with the Raptors.

Comment

• It's too bad he's struggling because once McCaw is healthy he's taking his spot back unfortunately.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Actively sabotagingthe safety protocols in place is not exactly the best way to protest without hurting anyone. I suspect you are right about this blowing over, especially after what I'm sure was a difficult conversation with Masai and Bobby.
                You don't think that's an overreaction?

First he's in a bubble and has been for quite sometime, far longer than almost everyone in this thread has ever had to endure.

Second these guys are bumping and grinding up in each others faces in as close proximity as any popular night club pre-covid. One can't practice safe social distancing and play basketball... And they're hugging each other after the games.

He didn't sneak in and out of the bubble, that would be sabotage. He cut a hold in his mask to make a political statement. This is the sort of thing the league has opened itself up to by allowing political statements. He won't be the last person to offend someone with a statement and I don't think this makes him a bad guy no matter my views on masks. Can you see how where the league has headed might confuse the situation?

Comment

• I think its better safe than sorry but this just came out the other day:
                  Dutch public health officials are unbending with respect to what they consider to be lack of scientific evidence on the efficacy of non-medical masks in limiting the spread of the novel coronavirus. On Wednesday, July 29th, at a press conference, officials maintained the line they’ve adopted since March: “There’s no scientific evidence for the efficacy of non-medical masks.”

And so, other than “local experiments” in certain communities, there will be no mask mandate in the Netherlands. With the exception of required usage of face coverings in public transportation, the Dutch do not have to wear masks in any indoor establishment, including restaurants, bars, stores, supermarkets, cinemas, museums, libraries, schools, and even hairdressers and nail salons.

The focal point of preventive measures remains hygiene, physical distancing, and limits on large gatherings.
                  https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshuac.../#6e4025ee4412

Science is still catching up with all things COVID and things constantly change. It is easy to feel scared, confused, frustrated, etc when it comes to all things COVID. Davis might end up being right on the stance but wrong in breaking the rules... But that's protest. The league wants to appear to accept protest if it helps them make money. Davis' cause isn't helping them make of money but I think they go easy if he takes it on the chin and quiets down.

I don't think the Raptors move on from one thing. He's talented and cheap. Win.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Tue Aug 4, 2020, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

You don't think that's an overreaction?
                    Dude, the entirety of Western civilization lost its collective mind over a coronavirus and shut down its economies resulting in catastrophic second and third order effects we barely understand at the moment. Dan's reaction is perfectly in line with the la la land we live in now.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Dude, the entirety of Western civilization lost its collective mind over a coronavirus and shut down its economies resulting in catastrophic second and third order effects we barely understand at the moment. Dan's reaction is perfectly in line with the la la land we live in now.
                      Communist China shut down harder and faster than the West.... and they're reaping the benefits of that today. Canada did a much better job than the US, because people didn't fight the government.

The lesson is: if you're going to lose your collective mind, then do it fast and everybody (repeat, everybody) commit to losing it completely.

It's like business or sports, or life in general..... almost any half-decent strategy can work if you have 100% buy-in.

Comment

• I think the mask usage in the bubble is a bit much.. but it's a rule.. like the guy who went and ordered take out and left the bubble to pick it up. You can't break rules.. even if the rules make no sense at times.

And I think that's the talking point with TD here. Why break a rule? It is only going to create a story that the Raptors don't want to be a part of right now. Their only mission is to repeat as champs. Nothing else matters right now.

It also doesn't help that he's been really bad in the bubble. That makes it seem like his head is really not in the game which would be a shame if it's true.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Communist China shut down harder and faster than the West.... and they're reaping the benefits of that today. Canada did a much better job than the US, because people didn't fight the government.

The lesson is: if you're going to lose your collective mind, then do it fast and everybody (repeat, everybody) commit to losing it completely.

It's like business or sports, or life in general..... almost any half-decent strategy can work if you have 100% buy-in.
                          Some of America's biggest strengths in the past have been their biggest weaknesses in the fight to control COVID19.

Now some places in Canada have virtually no cases and you can go about your daily life almost like COVID19 isn't a thing in those places. To get there it took more restrictions than Americans would likely accept.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

You'd do well to go live in Florida or Texas. I hear your approach is working well there.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I think the mask usage in the bubble is a bit much.. but it's a rule.. like the guy who went and ordered take out and left the bubble to pick it up. You can't break rules.. even if the rules make no sense at times.

And I think that's the talking point with TD here. Why break a rule? It is only going to create a story that the Raptors don't want to be a part of right now. Their only mission is to repeat as champs. Nothing else matters right now.

It also doesn't help that he's been really bad in the bubble. That makes it seem like his head is really not in the game which would be a shame if it's true.
                              The difference here being that Davis has been living in the bubble for eons and was making a political statement in line with some "science" around masks. Meanwhile Williams was at the strip club getting some "hot wings" while on leave from the bubble to attend a funeral. Nothing cheers Lou up like hot wings in his face.

Comment

• IIRC Davis is also an antivaxer. Im all for presenting any ideas and discussion, but at some point its like read more than a single article before starting a protest. This isnt to say the internet mob trashing TD are any better

Hopefully he learns something useful from this, I imagine Masai and co handle this right.

Comment

Working...
                                X