Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance the Cavs move the first overall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    Which could mean NBA got to Stooley too. He's part of the conspiracy.
    i agree

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    According to Stooley almost everyone picked the Lakers, with some Celtics, so barely anyone if anyone picked any other team, let alone Cleveland.
    Which could mean NBA got to Stooley too. He's part of the conspiracy.

Leave a comment:

• magoon
    replied
    Honestly, I have my doubts about Parker. He's great in college, and topping out at "like Carmelo" is not bad by any means, but Carmelo isn't the alpha dog you need to win playoffs.

I'd take Vonleh, Exum or maybe even Gordon over him.

Leave a comment:

• JordanMariam14
    replied
    ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    I highly doubt it unless it's for a proven star/all-star, Wiggins, Parker, and Embiid might be guaranteed superstars considering raw talent and skill; their potential is off the charts.

Even guys like Smart, Gordon, and Exum and Randle can be seen as All-Star calibre players in the future.
    Don't forget vonleh

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    I highly doubt it unless it's for a proven star/all-star, Wiggins, Parker, and Embiid might be guaranteed superstars considering raw talent and skill; their potential is off the charts.

Even guys like Smart, Gordon, and Exum and Randle can be seen as All-Star calibre players in the future.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    well they could have logged in with 3 different accounts and picked 3 different teams...food for thought
    According to Stooley almost everyone picked the Lakers, with some Celtics, so barely anyone if anyone picked any other team, let alone Cleveland.

Leave a comment:

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    In the poll, they only picked one team, you had three chances.
    well they could have logged in with 3 different accounts and picked 3 different teams...food for thought

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hey I'm just speculating. I didn't see that poll but I have been saying either Cleveland lakers or celtics would get that first pick and Cleveland did. I know this just looks like a really stupid conspiracy but c'mon, how can Cleveland 3 of the last 4 lotteries. It's just something to wonder about
    In the poll, they only picked one team, you had three chances.

Leave a comment:

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    stooley wrote: View Post
    The fact is, when you generalize, cherry pick information and ignore other indicators, every theory looks like it makes sense.

There was a poll on real-gm asking people to predict who the league would rig the lottery for, almost every single person guessed the lakers, with a healthy dose of the celtics. The OP stated he wanted people to put their money where their mouth is so to say, because a story could be concocted explaining why the lottery was obviously rigged for any team after the fact.
    Hey I'm just speculating. I didn't see that poll but I have been saying either Cleveland lakers or celtics would get that first pick and Cleveland did. I know this just looks like a really stupid conspiracy but c'mon, how can Cleveland 3 of the last 4 lotteries. It's just something to wonder about

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    Phoenix and minni are both in the west. So in order to play Miami they would have to make the finals, which is a lot harder than getting to the east finals. And philly wasn't a lottery pick back when Cleveland first began getting the number 1 pick 2011). And we'll, Detroit and Miami have no beef so it only makes sense to make it Cleveland vs Miami so they angle it towards lebron returning to Cleveland. Some of the heat bandwagons will hop back on the cavs bandwagon once there good.

And all conspiracy theory's don't make much sense unless you start looking at the hard facts. Right now it's just speculation but once it happens, watch
    The fact is, when you generalize, cherry pick information and ignore other indicators, every theory looks like it makes sense.

There was a poll on real-gm asking people to predict who the league would rig the lottery for, almost every single person guessed the lakers, with a healthy dose of the celtics. The OP stated he wanted people to put their money where their mouth is so to say, because a story could be concocted explaining why the lottery was obviously rigged for any team after the fact.

Leave a comment:

• TSF
    replied
    Phoenix and minni are both in the west. So in order to play Miami they would have to make the finals, which is a lot harder than getting to the east finals. And philly wasn't a lottery pick back when Cleveland first began getting the number 1 pick 2011). And we'll, Detroit and Miami have no beef so it only makes sense to make it Cleveland vs Miami so they angle it towards lebron returning to Cleveland. Some of the heat bandwagons will hop back on the cavs bandwagon once there good.

And all conspiracy theory's don't make much sense unless you start looking at the hard facts. Right now it's just speculation but once it happens, watch
    If the league rigged its favorite matchups, it'd be like NBC with hockey- they'd pretend only like 5 teams even exist. It'd be weird seeing either the Knicks, Celtics, Lakers, Rockets and Bulls win every lottery ever.

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    if Cleveland lands Kevin Love and Asik, they might be attractive to Lebron.

Lebron would be the only guy tempting them to trade their pick

Leave a comment:

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    They know it won't get them a lot more money. Lottery teams that have a greater metro area than Cleveland - LA, Boston, Philly, Detroit, Phoenix, Minneapolis. this conspiracy theory makes no sense.

Edit - and the Cleveland population is shrinking, Detroit is only other NBA city with that issue,

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    The Lakers are not going to send us Nash and #7 for Lowry. There are several reasons why this won't happen.

1.) We can't even do a sign and trade during the draft.
    2.) Lowry is a pending free agent, who the Lakers could just sign if they want him that badly
    3.) That #7 pick could be used as part of a package for Love
    4.) Some might say, "Well they won't have room to get Lowry and another guy". If they want cap that desperately they could stretch Nash's deal out.
    5.) Kupchak is not an idiot. Just because he's a Laker doesn't mean he doesn't see the value of a top 10 pick in this draft.

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    Not if they want to have any other players on the team on non minimum deals. Kobe's deal, plus Nash and Lowry's deals would almost have them capped out. They'd be at $47M with just those 3, and that only covers 2 positions. I just don't really see the Lakers as players for Lowry. Far more likely they make an offer to someone like Vasquez who they could afford. Not to mention there are 3 quality PG's in the range of their draft pick (I could easily see Smart fall to them and Ennis should be there too, maybe also Exum).
    You missed my point and our discussion. We were talking what happens if the Lakers do target Lowry (could and should the Raptors sign and trade?). Not guessing if the Lakers want Lowry or not.

I don't know if they want Lowry or not. But I don't think what you suggest is a good strategy either. If a team has 20 mil + in cap space, as the Lakers do, they should add a building block -- or preserve cap space for next year. Sigining a bunch of Vasquez types makes no sense to me, unless they are on 1 year contracts.

Do you think that the Lakers could turn it around this summer by signing multiple Vasquez types? IMO, they wouldn't even get to .500. I don't think they will make the playoffs next year no matter what they do, unless they somehow manage to obtain a superstar.

Their focus should be on 2015 and beyond. If they can draft well at no.7, add a Lowry caliber free agent this summer, sign another major piece in 2015, they will have a team. Then they could actually add another major piece in 2016 once Kobe expires. It seems like a sensible plan. If they fill the roster with Vasquez types, unless they are all on 1 year deals, that sounds like no plan at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X