Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance the Cavs move the first overall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    Don't get Irving, unless we're flipping him for #2 pick.

If Cavs can get 1 and 2, they can roll out

Insert PG here/Waiters/Wiggins/Thompson/Embiid

Also with a hopefully improved Bennett coming off the bench.

Maybe they can trade for a later pick and grab Ennis.
    I wish we could do that. But I don't think Irving could get the 2nd pick, teams already know he's not a franchise player, why give up a franchise centre for him?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

The team that makes the most sense for Kyrie is Orlando. They desperately need a new PG, and have 2 lotto picks. They could deal the 4th pick and a young player like Harris for Irving. Then Cleveland could build their team of the future using the #1 and #4 picks. Getting Harris makes Deng more expendable. Cleveland has a lot of interesting trade options heading towards the draft. Ditto for Orlando. I really hope there will be some big moves, just for my enjoyment. The Raptors could get in on the fun, but aren't nearly as likely as some other teams.

Comment

It would be lame to trade Kyrie for a pick. He's the type of talent you draft #1 or #2 in pretty much any draft. He has some issues but are any of these prospects certainly better and safer? I very much doubt it. He's still very young, he had a reasonably healthy year. They can still keep him for at least another 4-6 years. Surround him with a good staff and help him grow.

At some point you have to respect yourself as an organization and not be a farm team.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
          It would be lame to trade Kyrie for a pick. He's the type of talent you draft #1 or #2 in pretty much any draft. He has some issues but are any of these prospects certainly better and safer? I very much doubt it. He's still very young, he had a reasonably healthy year. They can still keep him for at least another 4-6 years. Surround him with a good staff and help him grow.

At some point you have to respect yourself as an organization and not be a farm team.
          The difference between Kyrie and a pick is $10+M per year. Kyrie wants a max deal and someone will offer him one. If I was Cleveland I'd match and just hope he stays healthy, but trading him for a high pick in this draft isn't outlandish if they don't want to pay him the max.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
            The difference between Kyrie and a pick is $10+M per year. Kyrie wants a max deal and someone will offer him one. If I was Cleveland I'd match and just hope he stays healthy, but trading him for a high pick in this draft isn't outlandish if they don't want to pay him the max.
            Then 3 years later if they are lucky they will be in the same position again with the new youngster. Then they can trade that one again for another pick. At which point they can rename themselves to Porto FC, because they'd be a legitimate farm team just like Portugal soccer clubs.

In my opinion, Kyrie would challenge for the no.1 pick if he was placed in this draft. A new prospect might seem sexier. A new prospect is less known, his issues are less talked about. But Kyrie is a 22 year old all star -- with issues and in need of better coaching -- but also a much more proven talent than any prospect in this draft and someone who can still be a superstar if he reaches his obvious potential.

If they could trade him for a safe Anthony Davis type prospect, someone they had a strong reason to believe will be better, fair enough. But I don't see that in this draft so it doesn't make sense to me.

Saving 10 mil for a few years is valuable. I just wouldn't risk a talent like Kyrie to save it. Save it by not giving 25 mil contracts to Jarrett Jack types. Keep it simple. Don't try to be too smart. Trying to be too smart is how the Cavaliers keep screwing up in every draft. Kyrie is a legitimate building block and cap limit is at 60 mil+. Get several Kyrie caliber talents, then surround them with role players. It's easily affordable. The issue isn't their salary, the issue is getting them in the first place. When you have one, hold onto him.

Comment

Cleveland isn't going anywhere with Irving as their starting PG, better off they trade him for a roster of guys that are young and won't bring drama (Ennis, Wiggins, Embiid)

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                Cleveland isn't going anywhere with Irving as their starting PG, better off they trade him for a roster of guys that are young and won't bring drama (Ennis, Wiggins, Embiid)

Ennis/Waiters/Wiggins/Thompson/Embiid with Bennett as the 6th man could be pretty good.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                  Ennis/Waiters/Wiggins/Thompson/Embiid with Bennett as the 6th man could be pretty good.
                  anybody/anybody/Wiggins/anybody/Embiid would be pretty good.

ps. your avatar is awesome.

Comment

aw shucks, thanks!
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                    X