Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Raptor/s is worth that 2014 #1 draft pick? How bout from other teams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSF wrote: View Post
    I'm not your pal, buddy

A) The dude said he wanted to win, not wait. Aka Wiggins wouldn't be enough. And no, I don't think he'd want wiggins more based on wiggins might be. Especially over DD, whose a younger version of Wade, the guy he just won 2 (or 3) championships with, without all the injury troubles.

B) Since when is ESPN the gospel? Cmon. I would argue DD+Val+2 1sts is probably overpaying.
    yup... thats definitely overpaying... but that would be the basic components of a deal for 2014 number 1 pick.. i would assume..

hopefully Masai proves us all wrong by swinging a salmons for wiggins deal

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
      You are not my buddy

DD and Amir are not a type of player that will entice Lebron James and give him the confidence about wining another ring.

You really need to listen, read or watch other sport magazines, channels, ... and get a better grasp on reality and what DD is worth and what people think will excite lebron to go back to Cavs.
      You're right. I'm not your buddy, guy.

Name me another deal which gives them an all-star whose gotten better every year? And one or two picks? If we gave them DD+Val+our 2015 pick, and the knicks 2014 1sts, they get a center who probably would've gone top 5 this year, plus an all-star on a cheap contract. plus 2 1sts. If they denied Varejao, Scotty Hopson (who the hell is he and why does he make 2.5 million) and Gee's options, and made that trade, throwing in Jarrett Jack from them for salary relief- here's their starters pre-free agency: Irving-DD-?-TT-JV. WITH OVER 20 MILLION IN CAP SPACE. They could have a starting lineup of Irving-DD-LBJ-TT-JV with Waiters, Bennett, and Zeller off the bench, with lebron making the max, and STILL afford a couple impact veterans. Three All-Stars?

And they can then take Waiters-Thompson-Bennett-their 2015 first+ our 2015 first+Knicks 2016 pick and probably could get K-Love. Honestly, they probably wouldn't even have to give all that up. And their starting lineup becomes Irving-DD-LBJ-KL-JV. Four all-stars and a promising center.

It's a fantasy, sure, but it's not an unrealistic one
      Last edited by TSF; Wed May 21, 2014, 08:57 PM.
      @Boymusic66

Comment

I'm not your pal, buddy

A) The dude said he wanted to win, not wait. Aka Wiggins wouldn't be enough. And no, I don't think he'd want wiggins more based on wiggins might be. Especially over DD, whose a younger version of Wade, the guy he just won 2 (or 3) championships with, without all the injury troubles.

B) Since when is ESPN the gospel? Cmon. I would argue DD+Val+2 1sts is probably overpaying.
        No, just no, just fucking no.

DeRozan is not a younger version of Wade. People do not give Wade enough credit.

Young Wade was arguably as good as LeBron James. DeRozan does not have the same ability to consistently attack and finish in the paint that D-Wade had. He does not have the lightning quick first step, freakish wingspan, handles, or ridiculously explosive two footed jump of Wade. Wade is going to go down as the 3rd best shooting guard in league history, let's not be silly here.

This is coming from a DeRozan fan man, don't be delusional calling DeRozan a younger version of Wade.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post

DeRozan is not a younger version of Wade. People do not give Wade enough credit.

Young Wade was arguably as good as LeBron James. DeRozan does not have the same ability to consistently attack and finish in the paint that D-Wade had. He does not have the lightning quick first step, freakish wingspan, handles, or ridiculously explosive two footed jump of Wade. Wade is going to go down as the 3rd best shooting guard in league history, let's not be silly here.

This is coming from a DeRozan fan man, don't be delusional calling DeRozan a younger version of Wade.
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I'm not your pal, buddy

A young Dwade once averaged 30pts 7.5asts 5reb 2stls 1.3blks while shooting 49% from the field
            Yeah never call DeRozan a young Dwade because it's not even close
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              A young Dwade once averaged 30pts 7.5asts 5reb 2stls 1.3blks while shooting 49% from the field
              Yeah never call DeRozan a young Dwade because it's not even close
              DWade... there was a time when he was the best guard in the league. Even better than Kobe. For many people, he's a top 5 shooting guard of all time. Derozan is a good scorer, but doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of a young Dwayne Wade.
              Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                yup... thats definitely overpaying... but that would be the basic components of a deal for 2014 number 1 pick.. i would assume..

hopefully Masai proves us all wrong by swinging a salmons for wiggins deal
                Agree, definitely overpaying. To get the number 1 pick this year you would have to do something Nets/Knick-level insane.

Comment

Players that might get you the 1st pick this year, straight up (if it were technically even possible with CBA).

Blake Griffin
                  Stephen Curry
                  Westbrook
                  Durant
                  Lebron James
                  Anthony Davis

I'm honestly having trouble coming up with anybody else. Every other team would have to offer a package of stars and picks, take on shitty contracts, etc.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post

When I say younger version of Wade, I meant Wade now. I completely agree that Flash was one of the best ever, and I loved watching him destroy people off the dribble. DD is no Flash, and he will never be.

But picture Wade, as he is currently, without the knee injuries and with the ability to play heavy minutes- DD isn't that far off from being that type of player.
                    @Boymusic66

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                      If Masai was to offer a trade for the Cav's #1 pick, who do you think the Cavs would ask in return?

JV might be the obvious choice, but would Demar and Ross be enough? Or maybe Lowry and Ross?

What do you guys think is the value of this #1 pick? Can the Cavs pry Westbrook from OKC by danggling this #1 pick? Hibbert? or maybe even Lebron?
                      Westbrook, I don't think so. They are a contending team, there are personal ties, and none of those prospects is a safe bet to be better than Westbrook. LeBron can't be traded unless he chooses to. Hibbert, maybe.

Contenders don't value picks as much as rebuilding teams and wouldn't give as much. If the Cavs decide to trade the #1 pick, they would trade it to a mediocre or a rebuilding team, not try to tear apart a conference finalist. For example, #1 + salaries for Kevin Love and Pekovic, I think the Wolves would probably take it.

The Raptors might have enough, I don't know. Probably not. You can't just offer the whole team.
                      Last edited by BobLoblaw; Thu May 22, 2014, 02:20 AM.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                        mind if they can also get our 15' first and 16'first they can swing it to Minny for a love affair. With LBJ on board they can definitely give that a try. Cleveland is basically in the best position possible as professional sports team. SMH on these cavs.

something tells me... we are gonna do everything possible to bring Wiggins aboard.
                        If Cleveland were able to land DeRozan and Love, to play alongside Irving, that would be a pretty solid start to lure LBJ back home.

When you consider what Cleveland would acquire along with DeRozan from Toronto, to add to their asset stockpile along with Waiters, Thompson, Bennett, Karasev, Zeller, and their own future draft picks, they could probably add another veteran piece as well.

With all the issues Hibbert has had in Indi, maybe Cleveland could look to land him using whatever assets aren't part of their offer for Love. This would be a solid starting lineup: Hibbert, Love, LBJ, DeRozan and Irving
                        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu May 22, 2014, 01:45 AM.

Comment

If Wade was airdropped into DD's role with the Raptors at the moment, I think he'd still outperform DD. Wade is far superior defensively and has a post-up game, in addition to his existing repertoire, that allows to shoot at a 50% clip. Derozan relies heavily on free throws and why not, when you shoot 80%... that's where you should be. But slashing and drawing fouls takes its toll physically, makes you more predictable and makes you heavily reliant on the referee. DD is a burgeoning scorer, but he's still got room to improve. He's only 25 years old.
                          Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

I'm not your pal, buddy

You're not my buddy, guy!!!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

The value of a no.1 pick greatly varies on the team holding it. I think it is a safe assumption there would be very little chance Philly trades a no.1 pick in this draft, while a very good chance Cleveland does it for the right deal. That is exactly the reason many GMs were on the phone the second Cleveland won the lottery.
                              Just imagine a situation where Minnesota offers Love for no.1 pick to Philly (if they had it). It would take a total of 2 seconds for Philly to reject the deal. Now imagine Minnesota offers Love to Cleveland for first. Completely different situation.
                              And now as far as Toronto is concerned... Surely MU could come up with a package that could interest the Cavs, but there is 0% chance of that happening as the cost would be sky high. Only if the management comes to a conclusion that we need to go into full rebuild, and after the way this season turned, very doubtful that is their thinking.
                              Finally, the cost of a first varies greatly from year to year depending on the class. This year there is no Shaq or Duncan talent - a surefire NBA all-star for years to come. Those picks are untradeable. This year there are at least 5 likely future all-stars, but nobody that is a certain franchise player.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                                Players that might get you the 1st pick this year, straight up (if it were technically even possible with CBA).

Blake Griffin
                                Stephen Curry
                                Westbrook
                                Durant
                                Lebron James
                                Anthony Davis

I'm honestly having trouble coming up with anybody else. Every other team would have to offer a package of stars and picks, take on shitty contracts, etc.
                                Sure there are, Cavs would trade the first for Paul George in a heartbeat. If only Indiana wanted to.

Comment

Working...
                                X