Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Raptor/s is worth that 2014 #1 draft pick? How bout from other teams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dzoni71 wrote: View Post
    Sure there are, Cavs would trade the first for Paul George in a heartbeat. If only Indiana wanted to.
    Paul George works. But I honestly think that Cavs would rather gamble on a pick this year unless they get a ludicrous offer or a top-ten franchise player.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
      Paul George works. But I honestly think that Cavs would rather gamble on a pick this year unless they get a ludicrous offer or a top-ten franchise player.
      I doubt they'd pass on George. Also, I suspect George would be above several of the players you listed because of age, health, fit.

Comment

I'd say there is more chance the Cavs trade Irving than the #1 pick, which is really what they should do anyways.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
          If they do they are idiots.

Even with Love that team is not even getting to the ECF imo. Since Love is obviously not going to agree to an extension (loses a ton of money that way), they would be at his mercy in free agency. Trading Wiggins/Parker/Embid (locked in for 7 years+) for a one year rental of Kevin Love? Boneheaded move.
          Obviously they will have to get some kind of assurance from Love that he will re-sign with the team, like what NYK did with Melo and the Lakers with Pau. Unless the Cavs just want that cap space. Will they have cap space if they take Love and let him walk?

But i dont think they'll give up that pick for Love. They dont have a dominant center to hide Love's deficiencies on defense, plus, theyre obviously on the youth movement now.

Comment

Players that might get you the 1st pick this year, straight up (if it were technically even possible with CBA).

Blake Griffin
            Stephen Curry
            Westbrook
            Durant
            Lebron James
            Anthony Davis

I'm honestly having trouble coming up with anybody else. Every other team would have to offer a package of stars and picks, take on shitty contracts, etc.

Nicely Said. Finally someone with a grasp of reality here.

Comment

Players that might get you the 1st pick this year, straight up (if it were technically even possible with CBA).

Blake Griffin
              Stephen Curry
              Westbrook
              Durant
              Lebron James
              Anthony Davis

I'm honestly having trouble coming up with anybody else. Every other team would have to offer a package of stars and picks, take on shitty contracts, etc.
              I don't think Steph Curry should be on that list, but aside from that, yup pretty much.

Comment

I think anybody who trades for the first pick this year is an idiot. None of these players have proved anything at the NBA level. We have no idea if these guys could get injured. Mortgaging the franchises proven commodities for something like this is ridiculous. Too much hype and not enough proof. These are special kids, no question but wow, how ridiculous is this list...

Blake Griffin
                Stephen Curry
                Westbrook
                Durant
                Lebron James
                Anthony Davis

Any team who traded any of those for a rookie should be shot in the head and left by the side of the road. Seriously...

Comment

Blake Griffin
                  Stephen Curry
                  Westbrook
                  Durant
                  Lebron James
                  Anthony Davis

This draft is loaded, but i think you're overhyping it just a tad bit. Youre essentlally trading proven for potential. I'm sure even the team drafting the 1st pick will not be this much over the moon when valuing the first pick.

I'd probably be comfortable trading my FNBA second rounders with the first pick, like maybe Bosh, Millsap, Lowry, Kahwi, those calibre type players.

Comment

Gman wrote: View Post
                    I think anybody who trades for the first pick this year is an idiot. None of these players have proved anything at the NBA level. We have no idea if these guys could get injured. Mortgaging the franchises proven commodities for something like this is ridiculous. Too much hype and not enough proof. These are special kids, no question but wow, how ridiculous is this list...

Blake Griffin
                    Stephen Curry
                    Westbrook
                    Durant
                    Lebron James
                    Anthony Davis

Any team who traded any of those for a rookie should be shot in the head and left by the side of the road. Seriously...
                    Man, you really dont like this list huh. hahaha

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                      I don't think Steph Curry should be on that list, but aside from that, yup pretty much.
                      Steph Curry has a reasonable deal, is the best pure shooter in long time, and insanely marketable. Might be a little overrated as a player right now but he'll probably end up in the Hall of Fame.

If you're looking to move jerseys and sell tickets, he's a great attraction for the next 5 years.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                        Man, you really dont like this list huh. hahaha
                        You're missing the point.

I'm illustrating that there is almost NO chance of the 1st pick being traded, because the trade would have to be significantly one-sided or a complete no-brainer for the Cavs to give it up.

I'm not suggesting that blowing up your team for the number 1 pick is a good idea at all. But that's what it would take to get it. People on this board that think a package of Demar and a pick, or JV and Ross and a pick is good enough to make the Cavs blink are dreaming.

Comment

anyone considered

20th pick, 37th pick
                          2015 2nd rounder
                          2016 NYK and TOR first rounder for the #1 pick
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            anyone considered

20th pick, 37th pick
                            2015 2nd rounder
                            2016 NYK and TOR first rounder for the #1 pick
                            Not enough I think.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You're missing the point.

I'm illustrating that there is almost NO chance of the 1st pick being traded, because the trade would have to be significantly one-sided or a complete no-brainer for the Cavs to give it up.
                              I think you're underestimating just how desperate Dan Gilbert is to be relevant, and just how afraid the Cavs are of losing Kyrie Irving. I'm willing to bet that the #1 pick changes hands before all is said and done. They just can't afford another Anthony Bennett situation, no matter how unlikely the odds.

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                              This draft is loaded, but i think you're overhyping it just a tad bit. Youre essentlally trading proven for potential.
                              I think the equation is
                              Proven for Potential + Control

That's the argument for keeping the pick, anyway. But as I noted above, control won't matter if Irving walks, so it negates the control aspect, and I do agree with you that the Cavs will be more willing than other teams to deal that pick, even if it is for a second-tier value player like a Bosh/Millsap/Lowry.

Masai would be crazy not to place a call and see if they'd take Derozan + picks, because Wiggins at the three solves a lot of our problems. But then he has to decide what to do with Lowry. The best option would be for a sign and trade to truly align all our talent in terms of age and development.

If it takes losing both Lowry and Derozan to secure Wiggins I have absolutely zero problem with it. Because that's what it would have taken for us to tank the season anyway. A core of Wiggins/Ross/Val/etc with a likely high 2015 pick has a much higher ceiling than our current roster.

Unfortunately Casey would probably lose his mind and it would be a waste of re-signing him for three years.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                I think you're underestimating just how desperate Dan Gilbert is to be relevant, and just how afraid the Cavs are of losing Kyrie Irving. I'm willing to bet that the #1 pick changes hands before all is said and done. They just can't afford another Anthony Bennett situation, no matter how unlikely the odds.
                                Maybe ...? I just don't see enough teams that would be willing or able to put together the right package to get the Cavs to pull the trigger. Teams are absolutely salivating over this year's draft and offers will get competitive.

Let's just say that even if the Cavs are in win mode now, I think they still have a lot of the leverage. If I were the Cavs GM I would set a high asking pricie, knowing at the end of the day I would be perfectly content if just held the pick and drafted a great prospect to build around, even if it means I lose Irving.

In a way, the pick could be my insurance in case I lose Irving.

Comment

Working...
                                X