Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Raptor/s is worth that 2014 #1 draft pick? How bout from other teams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    But the Wince option has worked before. The team has their balls in a vice especially if made public.
    Yup, players have plenty of leverage by way of on-court performance.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    He has zero leverage to demand a trade.
    But the Wince option has worked before. The team has their balls in a vice especially if made public.

Leave a comment:

• kopite91
    replied
    He's been disgruntled for some time now and it's been affecting the lockerroom since he's the leader and face of the franchise. got into a fight with Waiters. Getting rid of Brown and his Princeton offense was a good start. Firing Grant was the next good move. Keeping this draft pick and drafting a Wiggins would be the third step. Final step is hiring a competent coach whose system utilizes the talents of these players better. I also expect one of Thompson or Waiters to be on the chopping block... probably Thompson. Cavs can make a turnaround next season with the right moves. They just haven't been making the right moves the last 4 years.

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    He can still demand a trade

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    He has zero leverage to demand a trade.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Z
    replied
    They don't need to convince Kyrie of anything. He's locked in for at least the next 5 seasons since CLE can match any offer made to him in free agency.
    He can still demand a trade

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    They're in win now mode. I don't think they can convince Kyrie to wait for another rookie to develop. They need someone who can greatly impact the team right away.
    They don't need to convince Kyrie of anything. He's locked in for at least the next 5 seasons since CLE can match any offer made to him in free agency.

Leave a comment:

• kopite91
    replied
    As it is, the Cavs are fairly atrocious defensively. Not sure Love will help in that regard.

I see the Cavs keeping the pick since it fills a big hole in the 3 spot. Wiggins also is the kind of on board defender that the Cavs need at the moment and as a swingman, he can switch off and guard the 2 or even the 4 (smaller ones) if that's where the tougher matchups lie. Kyrie Irving doesn't trust any of the men on his team with the ball and that's an understatement. With Wiggins, he finally has a guy he can be comfortable with.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Z
    replied
    If they do they are idiots.

Even with Love that team is not even getting to the ECF imo. Since Love is obviously not going to agree to an extension (loses a ton of money that way), they would be at his mercy in free agency. Trading Wiggins/Parker/Embid (locked in for 7 years+) for a one year rental of Kevin Love? Boneheaded move.
    They're in win now mode. I don't think they can convince Kyrie to wait for another rookie to develop. They need someone who can greatly impact the team right away.

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    I bet the Cavs will try and use the pick in a trade for Kevin Love
    If they do they are idiots.

Even with Love that team is not even getting to the ECF imo. Since Love is obviously not going to agree to an extension (loses a ton of money that way), they would be at his mercy in free agency. Trading Wiggins/Parker/Embid (locked in for 7 years+) for a one year rental of Kevin Love? Boneheaded move.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Z
    replied
    I bet the Cavs will try and use the pick in a trade for Kevin Love

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    Jamshid wrote: View Post
    None of them are WORTH the #1 pick in this year draft. Maybe if you package BigVal + Ross + 2015 1st round + our 20th this year + Amir then you maybe get it ( I still don't think they will).
    You would not get the #1 pick for that package.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    I doubt the Raps could move directly into the #1 spot.

I think the only way would be to make one move to acquire a top-10 pick, which could then be combined with the #20 pick and another asset (ie: player and/or taking on bad contract), to move up a few spots. Even then, I think it's a loooooooong shot and might not be worth the investment.

Leave a comment:

• Jamshid
    replied
    TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    If Masai was to offer a trade for the Cav's #1 pick, who do you think the Cavs would ask in return?

JV might be the obvious choice, but would Demar and Ross be enough? Or maybe Lowry and Ross?

What do you guys think is the value of this #1 pick? Can the Cavs pry Westbrook from OKC by danggling this #1 pick? Hibbert? or maybe even Lebron?
    None of them are WORTH the #1 pick in this year draft. Maybe if you package BigVal + Ross + 2015 1st round + our 20th this year + Amir then you maybe get it ( I still don't think they will).

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    None. We're not getting the pick.

#1 pick has only been traded once in the past 30 years. It was for the #3 and 3 future 1st rounders.

- Cavs would be foolish to trade the pick for Westbrook (not that he isn't a superstar, but Kyrie plays the same position).
    - The only way to acquire LeBron in a trade would be to offer Durant (and even then Miami would say no)
    - If the Cavs trade the #1 pick for Hibbert, they should be removed from the NBA. Hibbert is probably the most overrated centre in the league. Doesn't rebound, is an efficient scorer and overrated defensively.

Leave a comment:

• Which Raptor/s is worth that 2014 #1 draft pick? How bout from other teams?

If Masai was to offer a trade for the Cav's #1 pick, who do you think the Cavs would ask in return?

JV might be the obvious choice, but would Demar and Ross be enough? Or maybe Lowry and Ross?

What do you guys think is the value of this #1 pick? Can the Cavs pry Westbrook from OKC by danggling this #1 pick? Hibbert? or maybe even Lebron?
Working...
X