Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As the summer lazily moves along...

Day something of #MarnerWatch continues on.... but some breaking news and a development....Mitch apparently had pancakes instead of eggs this morning

In other news..

VInce Carter is still looking for a team....Raps ? or no effing way.. not now.. not next week.. next month or next year... not ever ..

Chris Broussard has it from inside sauces that Drake is up for coach of the Phoenix Suns.. Is Chris Broussard the biggest fucktard to have a pulpit to talk NBA rumours or is there someone else that gets that vote?

The Clippers remain a prohibitive favourite for the NBA title.... So.. Yes or No ?.

The Warriors after getting dusted by the Raps are still in the mix for an NBA title according to CBS Sports ... good call.. or clickbait ?

Once upon a time the poster SLAW said if the raps won the NBA Finals most MSM outlets south of the border would have them 5 or 6 in the preseason polls as to who will win next year... He lied... They are about 14 to 16. Behind the Nets... Pelicans and other locks.

Was in Ottawa to scope out student ghetto apts in Sandy Hill with Jr. Shift who is in need of digs after 1st year... On solid consulting advice he said we should go to Costco in Gatineau (aka Hull) to get some beer. Home field advantage I was told....So its 51 bucks for 48 Tall Boys of Coors in cans... So what the fuck is going on the Brewers Retail in Ontario. where this would cost 110 bucks...? Any other provincial stories ?
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jul 29, 2019, 03:31 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      As the summer lazily moves along...

Day something of #MarnerWatch continues on.... but some breaking news and a development....Mitch apparently had pancakes instead of eggs this morning

In other news..

VInce Carter is still looking for a team....Raps ? or no effing way.. not now.. not next week.. next month or next year... not ever ..

Chris Broussard has it from inside sauces that Drake is up for coach of the Phoenix Suns.. Is Chris Broussard the biggest fucktard to have a pulpit to talk NBA rumours or is there someone else that gets that vote?

The Clippers remain a prohibitive favourite for the NBA title.... So.. Yes or No ?.

The Warriors after getting dusted by the Raps are still in the mix for an NBA title according to CBS Sports ... good call.. or clickbait ?

Once upon a time the poster SLAW said if the raps won the NBA Finals most MSM outlets south of the border would have them 5 or 6 in the preseason polls as to who will win next year... He lied... They are about 14 to 16. Behind the Nets... Pelicans and other locks.

Was in Ottawa to scope out student ghetto apts in Sandy Hill with Jr. Shift who is in need of digs after 1st year... On solid consulting advice he said we should go to Costco in Gatineau (aka Hull) to get some beer. Home field advantage I was told....So its 51 bucks for 48 Tall Boys of Coors in cans... So what the fuck is going on the Brewers Retail in Ontario. where this would cost 110 bucks...? Any other provincial stories ?
      Please never stop posting

Comment

Vince Carter is still looking for a team....Raps ? or no effing way.. not now.. not next week.. next month or next year... not ever ..
        I'm not a Vince hater by any stretch, but he's a poor fit in general for what the Raptors are doing this year, which is trying to find and develop undervalued young talent. And we have precisely the sort of veterans we want around those youngsters (unless the expirings get traded for assets): hard-working team players who are good role models with a championship pedigree. We're not tanking enough to give him the minutes he's looking for and we don't currently have a role for him as injury insurance or an offensive spark off the bench for a team with championship aspirations. Vince is either a couple of years late or a couple of years to early for a farewell tour here.

Comment

• I'm guessing the Raptors will go big this season with a Marc, Serge, Pascal, OG, Kyle line-up to start games. The bench will be young and scrappy with a defensive edge. Lots of the new guys will have opportunity to showcase their ability of lack of to play at the NBA level.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            I'm guessing the Raptors will go big this season with a Marc, Serge, Pascal, OG, Kyle line-up to start games. The bench will be young and scrappy with a defensive edge. Lots of the new guys will have opportunity to showcase their ability of lack of to play at the NBA level.
            That lineup's ready for the Sixers!
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Just the Sixers?

Now that I'm thinking about line-up's and match up's I'm getting hyped for the OG & Siakam vs Kawhi & George.... at least the defensive match there.

Comment

Just the Sixers?

Now that I'm thinking about line-up's and match up's I'm getting hyped for the OG & Siakam vs Kawhi & George.... at least the defensive match there.
                Sure, I'm hoping for a lot of Pascal + OG, though that's far more likely to mean them at the 3+4 than them at the 2+3 spots.

And the excitement for Siakam isn't just that he may average 20+ ppg this year and be the 1A scorer, don't forget by several metrics he was the team's best defender last year - which is saying a lot given the roster. He has legit potential to be elite at both ends.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Just the Sixers?

Refs will have both Siakam and OG in foul trouble within the first 8 minutes of the 1Q ....
                  Worse than the superstars teaming up is the continued bullchit phantom foul calls they receive; the hallmark of the modern NBA

Comment

• I wouldn't care if they received the same calls on the other side.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I wouldn't care if they received the same calls on the other side.
                      I'd like to see a ton more incidental contact allowed in the NBA. And ZERO phantom calls allowed unless you actually see the infraction. When replays show there was no contact/foul, refs should be called out and fined.

Comment

I'm guessing the Raptors will go big this season with a Marc, Serge, Pascal, OG, Kyle line-up to start games. The bench will be young and scrappy with a defensive edge. Lots of the new guys will have opportunity to showcase their ability of lack of to play at the NBA level.
                        This would be... surprising.

We'll probably see that group play some minutes together (or at least the front end of it), but starting games?
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So who makes the biggest splash in the coming season... There are degrees of splash and start points for the Raps ...Heres a look at guys who can win the BIG SPLASH vote.

Norm Powell. How can Norm who has been with the team for years be a candidate for the Big Splash ? Norm can become whats eluded him so far in his carrer. Consistency. He saw what an impact Danny Green made .. Can Norm find that intangible that will cement him into the Raps roster for years to come. To bring what he showed vs the Bucks in the ECF. He does that and he is a candidate for the BS award.

Stanley Johnson . Like Aaron Gordon Stan came from Arizona more athlete than ball player. Gordon has found it in Orlando. Stan is now on his 3rd team in 5 years. He has the NBA body. He has the athletiscm... Can Stan find a role where he can excel and salvage is career. He has a chance in Toronto.

Chris Boucher .Chris has never seen a shot from the arc he didn't think he had a better chance of making than passing the ball off to someone else who might have a better one. Thing is he makes a lot of them. Chris has done all he can do in the D League. He owns it... If he puts up a bazillion shots over the summer and shows he can do it on a 36-38% basis.. Chris will be a rotation player and a candidate for the BS award.

OG Anunoby OG's third year. The year most players show they belong in the league or should make sure their passports and travel documents are in order. OG can win the Big Splash award if he can develop better handles. than he has shown so far in order to get the threat of a drive or iso game off the bounce. He has a 3 point shot. He has more honing work to do rather than development on that aspect. If OG can make the 3 at 35% and show he can get to the rim on his own he too can win the BS award.

So the voting is open and so is the floor for other candidates.

My vote goes to Chris Boucher.... Anyone who can make his way to the NBA from washing dishes in Cote St Luc has got drive and determination..

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

This would be... surprising.

We'll probably see that group play some minutes together (or at least the front end of it), but starting games?
                            I'm thinking we'll have to be much stronger on the boards this season without Kawhi and Danny. OG seemed like a poor rebounder, Gasol and Serge alone were pretty weak in this area as well. Without Kawhi's efficiency of offense and all around great defense the Rap's will need to find a clear advantage elsewhere. I think they will go big to at least start the season.

Comment

So who makes the biggest splash in the coming season... There are degrees of splash and start points for the Raps ...Heres a look at guys who can win the BIG SPLASH vote.

Norm Powell. How can Norm who has been with the team for years be a candidate for the Big Splash ? Norm can become whats eluded him so far in his carrer. Consistency. He saw what an impact Danny Green made .. Can Norm find that intangible that will cement him into the Raps roster for years to come. To bring what he showed vs the Bucks in the ECF. He does that and he is a candidate for the BS award.

Stanley Johnson . Like Aaron Gordon Stan came from Arizona more athlete than ball player. Gordon has found it in Orlando. Stan is now on his 3rd team in 5 years. He has the NBA body. He has the athletiscm... Can Stan find a role where he can excel and salvage is career. He has a chance in Toronto.

Chris Boucher .Chris has never seen a shot from the arc he didn't think he had a better chance of making than passing the ball off to someone else who might have a better one. Thing is he makes a lot of them. Chris has done all he can do in the D League. He owns it... If he puts up a bazillion shots over the summer and shows he can do it on a 36-38% basis.. Chris will be a rotation player and a candidate for the BS award.

OG Anunoby OG's third year. The year most players show they belong in the league or should make sure their passports and travel documents are in order. OG can win the Big Splash award if he can develop better handles. than he has shown so far in order to get the threat of a drive or iso game off the bounce. He has a 3 point shot. He has more honing work to do rather than development on that aspect. If OG can make the 3 at 35% and show he can get to the rim on his own he too can win the BS award.

So the voting is open and so is the floor for other candidates.

My vote goes to Chris Boucher.... Anyone who can make his way to the NBA from washing dishes in Cote St Luc has got drive and determination..
                              The obvious choice for player making the biggest splash would be OG, but I'd like to throw Terence Davis' name into the mix. He's got the same confidence as FVV/Norm when they first joined the Raptors, but his jump shot is already ahead of where those two's was.

Comment

I'm thinking we'll have to be much stronger on the boards this season without Kawhi and Danny. OG seemed like a poor rebounder, Gasol and Serge alone were pretty weak in this area as well. Without Kawhi's efficiency of offense and all around great defense the Rap's will need to find a clear advantage elsewhere. I think they will go big to at least start the season.
                                OG is a poor rebounder for a 4. He should be OK at the 3. We'll see whether they start big, would seem like an odd choice to play Siakam out of position with so much of our success relying on him, never mind the disastrous spacing and limited playmaking of that lineup.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X