No announcement yet.

Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The month of the year the players get off is not all that important considering they are mostly millionaires who can summer (or winter, or fall or whatever) in LA or Miami or Cuba or Brazil or Australia if they really want to. I'd have thought they'd actually want more of the season in good weather months, as the season is where they don't have control over where they have to be.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      The month of the year the players get off is not all that important considering they are mostly millionaires who can summer (or winter, or fall or whatever) in LA or Miami or Cuba or Brazil or Australia if they really want to. I'd have thought they'd actually want more of the season in good weather months, as the season is where they don't have control over where they have to be.
      Nah I'm with g deane on this. They're not moving the entire tradition of sports over this. Furthermore, theres a reason the only thing on in July is the middle (dog days) of baseball. Nobody is in their house watching tv.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        The month of the year the players get off is not all that important considering they are mostly millionaires who can summer (or winter, or fall or whatever) in LA or Miami or Cuba or Brazil or Australia if they really want to. I'd have thought they'd actually want more of the season in good weather months, as the season is where they don't have control over where they have to be.
        The players with kids would want to have their off-season at the same time as their kids have school vacation (July & August).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

It's a factor against the proposal. But I'm sure there are guys that like having more money in their accounts too. With the NBA not competing with the NFL for two additional months, that's just more cash in their pocket (in theory).

Also there are a lot of professional baseball players and they've done fine for well over 100 years without having vacations off in the summer with their kids.
          I hadn't thought of baseball and you're right there. But weather for the sport aside, do you think you're ever get NHL players to have regular games in the Summer when they suffer through the Winter and all have cottages? I think NBA guys (and their wives/families) are pretty used to Summers off and I think the vast majority of them already make pretty good coin.

I'm fine with my assertion that it'll never happen for the long term. Won't even get tabled.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Nah I'm with g deane on this. They're not moving the entire tradition of sports over this. Furthermore, theres a reason the only thing on in July is the middle (dog days) of baseball. Nobody is in their house watching tv.
            Good point. I used to listen to the Jays on the deck at the cottage all the time because it's a slow moving game that lends itself to the imagination and you pretty much can "see" what's going on. bball is much more fast moving with hundreds of "scoring opportunities" and needs a big ol flat screen to show its best.....and fans aren't sitting inside in the Summer

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The players with kids would want to have their off-season at the same time as their kids have school vacation (July & August).
              Yup. Exactly.
              And taking their kids to their own baseball and soccer games etc

Comment

• So if they cancel the season, would they still award an MVP, ROY, COY, MIP.....?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    I saw that last night wanted to post it. Dam i miss the NBA

Comment

the crazy thing about this is how they manage to play so much help defence while maintaining the lowest opp 3FG% in the league.

and here I was in 2018 thinking that Nick Nurse was just going to be an offensive coach.

Comment

I hate to say it but watching McCaw in these clips, he often gets behind is cover, but DOES seem to be applying enough pressure to alter the shot or encourage his guy to give up the ball. He understands the switching routine quite well as well. I think that is what Nurse means by "He understands our systems." If everyone doesn't do their thing correctly, then the three-point shots start raining down snd the 3pt % goes up, which would really hurt the Raptors. I'm withholding judgment on McCaw after this. But he better be getting up shots during this down period. Or I'm breaking my voluntary self-isolation.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

the crazy thing about this is how they manage to play so much help defence while maintaining the lowest opp 3FG% in the league.

and here I was in 2018 thinking that Nick Nurse was just going to be an offensive coach.
                          It's interesting because it goes against a lot of conventional thinking. Helping one pass away and aggressive jump to contest the shot instead of controlled hand in the air contest.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• This is good - https://twitter.com/DownToBlack/stat...793279489?s=19
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Wow. Amazing breakdown.

These Raps were (are?) damn good.

Comment

• Really good. |Worth every second of my time to go through.

Comment

Working...
                                X