No announcement yet.

Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough question to answer. If everyone plays to their strengths, we could be that team that was 17-5 without Kawhi (good for a mere 62 wins ) But how does a lineup of Fred/Norm/OG/Pascal/Boucher do? If it's looking like it's not our year, I could see Masai pulling the rip cord and taking a stab and the better lottery odds knowing our future success depends more on future cap room and growth of the kids. Actually, that group might do ok. But if we say we'll assume we're talking about the group we have, I think we're good for 48-50 wins. There's a lot more parity in the East with fewer easy games.

Comment

The team that went 17-5 also lost Danny Green ... as well as JV. We will need some exceptional development from young players and resistance to aging by older players to match up.

Comment

Somewhere from 5-8 seed in best case scenario. We are better than last years Brooklyn, Magic, Detroit.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

50 wins might be a bit of a stretch. The eastern conference is loaded with really good, defensive teams, the Raptors among them.

Comment

Playing it safe and saying 4th, though anywhere in the 3-5 range wouldn't surprise. Any injury to Lowry or Siakam would be a huge hit this year, and could drop them quite a ways.

But the defence should still be really good, and while the offence will most likely fall off quite a bit, they should still be in the mid-40's in wins, I think.

Obviously all that changes if they make moves before or during the season.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I voted 6th because things rarely work out perfectly, especially for the Raptors and there's a strong possibility of a trade given the timing of expiring contracts.

Comment

I think.that the Raps will finish 3 or 4 this year. I voted 4 because I think one of Indy or the Chowders could surprise us all and get on a roll during the season. Its why you play the games eh ? To me there are two teams right now that are the teams to beat. The Bucks and The Hinkies.

After the top 2 . to me anyway.. there is a second tier of teams. The Raps .. Chowders....Pacers and the Nets that might be able to win it with some luck. They all have strengths and their warts. I will expand later on who and why they might come out of the pack to challenge the current favourites.

The Heat will garner a lot of MSM old boy network plugs.. but they aren't there yet.. If they trade for Russell.. yeah well.. still not there.
                The Magic are the runt of the litter in that there really isn't anyone else to push them right now.

Everyone else has more work to do than not...

Order of finish.. at this writing...
                Philly.. Milwaukee... Indy... Raps.. Boston.. Nets... Magic.. Heat.....

Comment

I voted fifth. But, I also think we're the seed nobody wants to get in the playoffs, and we get at least to the 2nd round. If we can get to the conference finals, that would be a huge success.
                  That said, I still think blowing up the team for assets is an option, despite anything that Masai might say publicly about that.

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post
                    The team that went 17-5 also lost Danny Green ... as well as JV. We will need some exceptional development from young players and resistance to aging by older players to match up.
                    How'd I forget Danny when I did my rough and ready win shares addition/subtraction. Danny was good for 5.9 WS last season.

Like Apollo suggested, it's a crude measure, and there are other factors, but losing all of those players and replacing them with scrubs and Marc is going to cost games. I think winning in the range of 40 - 45 is reasonable.5th - 6th.

Comment

I voted 3rd, but I think the Raptors could finish anywhere between 3-5.

Despite losing Danny & 2+1, I do think that we'll see an improvement from most of our players given the 2+1 effect from last season, plus our Vets will play with a chip on their shoulder.

I don't know how far that'll get us in the playoffs without having a "guy", but I do have high hopes for Pascal.

Going to remain optimistic.

Comment

Yeah fourth seems reasonable, but anywhere from 2-7 wouldnt shock me. Deep, well coached teams with good guard play and solid defense tend to do well. Obviously an injury to Pascal or Lowry hurts, and there is a chance of trading one of those vets.

Dark horse to finish top three is Orlando. Similar to Raps in great defensive team with questions around the offense.

Comment

So is Siakim the #1 option now on offense?

Comment

I would say our ceiling would be 3 and floor would be 6. I voted for 4th. Philly and Bucks will be top 2. Brookly, Celtics, Indy and Raps will be in that 2nd tier. Right now i would put my money on Indy being the best of those team. I think we will be in a 4/5 playoff matchup vs boston once the playoffs roll around. Even if we make trades at deadline by dumping our vets i still think we would be a playoff team but maybe more like a 6-7 seed.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              So is Siakim the #1 option now on offense?
                              For sure. Besides Lowry's occasional KLOE games. Who else?
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

For sure. Besides Lowry's occasional KLOE games. Who else?
                                And I do feel good about this, especially given how hard he was guarded by elite playoff defense. I see good things for Pascal. But I'm biased as he's my favourite player.

Comment

Working...
                                X