No announcement yet.

Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch for Philly to make a bold trade if they continue to look meh into December. Chris Paul would actually look really good there. He can shoot/score. Can create for others. Maybe for Harris? Move Simmons to PF where he fits better.

I mean their schedule's been pretty soft too.. toughest teams have been Boston (who they beat) and Utah/Denver on the road (which they lost to).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Watch for Philly to make a bold trade if they continue to look meh into December. Chris Paul would actually look really good there. He can shoot/score. Can create for others. Maybe for Harris? Move Simmons to PF where he fits better.

I mean their schedule's been pretty soft too.. toughest teams have been Boston (who they beat) and Utah/Denver on the road (which they lost to).
      I hate how we can casually talk about a team like the Sixers adding a player like CP but on the Raptors end, it's how can we pay FVV little enough or let him go so that we can potentially add a difference maker a few years from now

Comment

• Philly needs to move simmons. Pretty much any decent PG that can shoot in his place would make that team better. Plus they might be able to add a depth piece or two in such a trade.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
          Philly needs to move simmons. Pretty much any decent PG that can shoot in his place would make that team better. Plus they might be able to add a depth piece or two in such a trade.
          Agreed. Their spacing will be their down fall in the Playoffs. Simmons, Embiid, Horford and no Redick.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
            Philly needs to move simmons. Pretty much any decent PG that can shoot in his place would make that team better. Plus they might be able to add a depth piece or two in such a trade.
            Sixers lose again, Celtics win again as Russell injured for Warriors

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I hate how we can casually talk about a team like the Sixers adding a player like CP but on the Raptors end, it's how can we pay FVV little enough or let him go so that we can potentially add a difference maker a few years from now
              Signing FVV is not going to stop Raps from signing a big FA if the latter wants to come to Toronto. That’s a silly talking point. Raps have assets as well to trade. Team is well positioned.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Signing FVV is not going to stop Raps from signing a big FA if the latter wants to come to Toronto. That’s a silly talking point. Raps have assets as well to trade. Team is well positioned.
                Well I guess a dozen posts above concerned about how much we might have to pay FVV and the impact that might have on our ability to move in 2021 FA are misplaced lol

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Well I guess a dozen posts above concerned about how much we might have to pay FVV and the impact that might have on our ability to move in 2021 FA are misplaced lol
                  I mean does anyone seriously think that if Giannis says I’m going to Toronto that the Raps won’t create the required cap room? Come on. That’s absurd.

Comment

I honestly don't think I've ever felt better about the future of this team. Even counting last year given the uncertainty around Kawhi.

We have a young superstar in the making and other promising talent (OG) under our control for a long time. We have a top 5 coach. We have a first class organization known for evaluating and developing talent. We have all our first round picks and cap space flexibility going forward, and we have the best executive in the league.

And we're totally overachieving everyone's expectations as defending champs!

Comment

• Meanwhile, Sixers are struggling with average teams.

Comment

• Just need the Celtics to come back to earth. Feels like they've had a bit of a cakewalk. Would have been nice if they hadn't pulled through in the crunch against the devasted Warriors.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Just need the Celtics to come back to earth. Feels like they've had a bit of a cakewalk. Would have been nice if they hadn't pulled through in the crunch against the devasted Warriors.
                          I mean, we'd both be 9-2 if Tom Heinsohn himself hadn't officiated our game in beantown and called 10 Celtics flops as charges. I'm still bitter over that one

Comment

I mean does anyone seriously think that if Giannis says I’m going to Toronto that the Raps won’t create the required cap room? Come on. That’s absurd.
                            Totally agree there.

He's my favourite non Raptor by far as much for his attitude of not friending the enemy as for his on court results.
                            And he's only 24 (25 in December). The tease to even get a chance at him is too long, wish he was a FA this year.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Watch for Philly to make a bold trade if they continue to look meh into December. Chris Paul would actually look really good there. He can shoot/score. Can create for others. Maybe for Harris? Move Simmons to PF where he fits better.

They may have to consider that... They have 4 guys who all like to have the ball .. Embiid.. Simmons... Harris and Richardson.

I would personally try to move Simmons out of those 4. Philly is not going to move Embiid. You just committed to Harris over Butler and paid him very well. Richardson wouldn't net you much in return so by default .. it its a bold trade its Ben Simmons..

I think Benny would get you the biggest return in a trade right now. Simmons for all his elite skills still doesn't have the one that is needed the most in todays NBA. He doesn't have a jump shot and its year 4 of his NBA career. For a compare... Siakam has gone from no shot when he first got here 3 years ago to where he is today. SImmons is still not even close to being able to space the floor. I just don't see Ben getting there with an outside shot and its going to limit Phillys offense.

Brand would be selling high if Philly thinks they have to shake it up
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• I thought this sixers team was weird when it was contrusted in the summer and it still seems like the pieces just dont fit. They are have size at every position and shooting at none. I think if the roster stays the same they are going to under perform regular season expectation. The playoffs however could be a different story. If brett brown was smart (which is debatable after his performance last 2 playoffs) this team should be the new-age bad boy pistons. Play good defense, hack, intimidate and beat up of teams which they outsize at every position. Keep the scores low and protect the pain. Over a 7 game series that would be a hell of a tough match up for almost anyone and they could end up just wearing teams down. I'd love to see Giannis face this massive lineup in a 7 game series. with us playing the winner.
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X