Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Nah Nah de boo boo....
    My forecasting record still hangs that 50% of the time , I am right every time.. The Anchorman theory.

Raps in a walk tonight.
    Ya bad pick by me. Clips never let Luka get going and it was pretty much a wrap by the middle of the 2nd Q.

Tonight is AD's return to Louisiana. The Boo Birds will show up big. I'd say he gets it Worse then Carter's return to T.O. It could end up being a close game, All those old Lakers boys should come out with a chip on their shoulder, Especially Ingram. If AD doesn't hit his first few shots he could be in for a long night.

It's too bad Kyrie is ducking the celtics, it would be two baaaad homecomings in the same night.
    Last edited by bertarapsfan; Wed Nov 27, 2019, 05:47 PM.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Nurse is right..very generous to Doncic at the charity stripe
      22 points on 14 shots...
      Still looks like Leonard and George can guard eh.
      And PG is nowhere near full health. They will be virtually unstoppable at full strength/health

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Ya bad pick by me. Clips never let Luka get going and it was pretty much a wrap by the middle of the 2nd Q.

Tonight is AD's return to Louisiana. The Boo Birds will show up big. I'd say he gets it Worse then Carter's return to T.O. It could end up being a close game, All those old Lakers boys should come out with a chip on their shoulder, Especially Ingram. If AD doesn't hit his first few shots he could be in for a long night.

It's too bad Kyrie is ducking the celtics, it would be two baaaad homecomings in the same night.
        AD will be booed in record volumes. Only 80% of Raptor fans hated Vince the first time around. In NO it will be 99%

Comment

• Kyrie following the celtics/nets game.... Lol
          You hate to see it..
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Kyrie following the celtics/nets game.... Lol
            You hate to see it..
            WHAT'S he on about though?

Comment

Kyrie following the celtics/nets game.... Lol
              You hate to see it..
              Bizarre.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Nihilism. None of this matters. Which is a bad perspective for a player that has made hundreds of millions of dollars off this very much mattering.

If he was so noble and above the whole circus, he'd retire today.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Celtics fans booed him on his return and called him a coward for not playing, not buying that he was hurt.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think he's trying to say that the earth is flat??

Comment

• Kemba put up some big numbers last night...The re-match tomorrow in BKN should be a good game. I'm thinking Kyrie plays??

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Nihilism. None of this matters. Which is a bad perspective for a player that has made hundreds of millions of dollars off this very much mattering.

If he was so noble and above the whole circus, he'd retire today.
                        Perhaps donate his accumulated wealth to a charity or two as well.

Comment

• Not to downplay potential mental health issues, but my theory that Kyrie is the worst leader among star players continues gathering momentum.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            Not to downplay potential mental health issues, but my theory that Kyrie is the worst leader among star players continues gathering momentum.
                            It's not mental health. I know a hundred guys just like him. Everything is everyone elses fault, and you're smarter than everyone else.

If I could play arm chair psychologist theres probably narcissism, insecurity and probably some weed mixed in.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Not to downplay potential mental health issues, but my theory that Kyrie is the worst leader among star players continues gathering momentum.
                              Agree with you and Keon.

The potential mental health situation is not my issue. Even him not being a good leader is not the primary issue for me; There are a lot of talented athletes out there who are not meant to lead. You can even hate the fishbowl while making millions, that's certainly not unique to Kyrie.

What pisses me off is the blatant hypocrisy. If you hate the circus, why are you making movies, Uncle Drew? If you hate the spotlight, why do you seek out Boston (a huge NBA market) and Brooklyn (not the Knicks, but still New York, another huge market). Want to be left alone? Go play in Charlotte or Orlando, or maybe stay in Cleveland. You'll still get (over)paid for your drama, but not the microscope.

His approach mixed with Durant's approach is why I remain unconvinced that Brooklyn is going to be awesome next year. They love the media but only when it's in their favour. When public opinion on them isn't strong, neither seem to possess the necessary coping mechanisms. Brooklyn might end up being what the Lakers were last year with all the personalities.

My biggest takeaway from his diatribe is that he's another college athlete who didn't have to worry about the level of his academic writing skills.

Comment

• can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post

Agree with you and Keon.

The potential mental health situation is not my issue. Even him not being a good leader is not the primary issue for me; There are a lot of talented athletes out there who are not meant to lead. You can even hate the fishbowl while making millions, that's certainly not unique to Kyrie.

What pisses me off is the blatant hypocrisy. If you hate the circus, why are you making movies, Uncle Drew? If you hate the spotlight, why do you seek out Boston (a huge NBA market) and Brooklyn (not the Knicks, but still New York, another huge market). Want to be left alone? Go play in Charlotte or Orlando, or maybe stay in Cleveland. You'll still get (over)paid for your drama, but not the microscope.

His approach mixed with Durant's approach is why I remain unconvinced that Brooklyn is going to be awesome next year. They love the media but only when it's in their favour. When public opinion on them isn't strong, neither seem to possess the necessary coping mechanisms. Brooklyn might end up being what the Lakers were last year with all the personalities.

My biggest takeaway from his diatribe is that he's another college athlete who didn't have to worry about the level of his academic writing skills.
                                And why not focus in on doing good in the world? Or maybe even just your locker room?

There are bigger things than basketball...and those include the people around you and how they feel.
                                Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Thu Nov 28, 2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X