Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • slaw wrote: View Post

    In a general sense where MLB has had historical swings of power between owners and the PA. The PA was in the cat-bird seat until recently when management started gaming the system and now the players are getting screwed, which is why there is going to be a labor war shortly in MLB. In the NBA, the owners have had it pretty good and now the players are exploiting the system and that's why we're going to have a problem in the NBA, too.
    I don't see the "players getting screwed" in any major sport.

    Try the minor league CFL or NLL where many make 50K and have to hold down a second job....when plugs make 5-10M per year, screw player empowerment when it crosses the line so far into collusion and tampering with valid contracts.

    Comment


    • G__Deane wrote: View Post

      I get it. In fact I watched a show where was helping build a house for charity and donates to schools etc and seems like a decent guy.
      But I get the sense he never does these things without a camera near by to catch it all and he's gone when they turn off.

      Count me in the group of guys who like the old time athletes that didn't spend so much time on clothes/opinions/tweeting/his personal brand crap and tampering with the game. Great player obviously but I can't stand him lol
      He's certainly not the first or only athlete or celebrity for that matter that takes every opportunity create a brand and attempt to cash-in on their talent. Our southern neighbours are leaders in that respect. They take a professional marketing approach to everything public. Personally not a fan of the inherent self interest aspect, but cannot condemn the guy for it either.

      Comment


      • The LA Lakers just lost 3 in a row.
        No Lebron last night and Anthony Davis exited then re entered the game after tweaking his knee.
        Didnt matter as the Lake show got dummied at home by the Nuggets.
        The Lakers supporting cast looked ..let’s say pedestrian...

        Cause for concern or just one of those stretches where shit happens?

        DS538 says there is a 51.874 percent chance that it’s something.
        Davis isn’t exactly an iron man. The man plays the game hard and when he gets nicked up it’s usually something that keeps him in drydock for a while. If this is something more than a hyper extended knee and Davis sits for a bit that’s an issue.
        Lebron is 35. If he breathes he plays. Have to love that. But at 35 the instances of getting nicked up are starting to become more frequent for the king.
        The Lakers supporting cast is more style than substance.

        Are the Lakers going to plummet down the standings. No.
        Are they the jaugernaut the NBA MSM has portrayed them to be ? Probably not.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Dec 23rd, 2019, 01:35 PM.

        Comment


        • Still think Lakers are a force but it has alwahys depended on both Lebron and AD being healthy. without just 1 of those guys they go from being top 2, to around the same level as Houston, Dallas and Denver. Lebron has always been a work horse save for last year, his first real injury ever. It may be his age catching up with him.
          The real question mark is AD, he is made of glass. I dont think he has played one full season. Not only is the injurys an issue. The guy has only made it out of the first round once. And the main reason for that series win was jrue holidays defense and Gentry trap heavy deffense on Lillard and McCollum.
          He's a great player but we have yet to see if he can elevate his game in the playoffs, where championship level players put it into gear 6. And pretenders stall out.
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

          Comment


          • Ja Morant, my pre season pick as ROY, seems to be the odds on favourite now that Zion Williamson might just be red shirted this year.

            So.. question... Is Morant going to be a doppleganger to Devin Mr. 70 Booker ?

            Great stats but can’t lead a team to play any meaningful games in the first few years in the NBA?

            Comment


            • Raps laid a pretty good sized turd on the floor in south Florida last night.

              The shooting was as off as off can be but it’s hard to read anything into this game other than the raps are starting to show that like any other pro sports team, it’s really hard to consistently win games without 3 of your top 6 players. Still they only lost by 8 after missing 36 times out of 42 from 3. Like the 30 point comeback that shouldn’t happen again for another 5 years.

              Everything that they got whupped at they have an answer for waiting to come off IR.

              Adebayo a little to physical for Boucher and Serge? Marc’s coming back.
              Anemic offence that needs somebody ? Pascals coming back.
              A Portuguese bricklayer convention happening from 3 ? Norm and Matt Thomas are coming back.

              Hopefully they are all back after the all star break though it looks like pascal and Thomas are much closer than norm. Hammys take time...Gasol will be back when he feels he can go.

              I am the consummate homer but no one in the east except Milwaukee should puts the fear of god into the fan base.



              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jan 3rd, 2020, 05:19 PM.

              Comment


              • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

                I am the consummate homer but no one in the east except Milwaukee should puts the fear of god into the fan base.


                Even the Bucks puts no fear on me, When we are healthy we can go head to head with them.

                Comment


                • In my heart Number 1..which I voted, hopefully we can get healthy and make a big move..
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

                  Comment


                  • RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post

                    Even the Bucks puts no fear on me, When we are healthy we can go head to head with them.
                    The reality is that any of the Bucks, Sixers, Celtics or Raps could come out of the East and not be a complete shocker. Pacers or Heat could shock any of them.

                    But c'mon the Bucks are the class of the East right now and have taken a step over last season. Raps, even when fully healthy would have their hands full and would easily be betting underdogs

                    Comment


                    • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                      The reality is that any of the Bucks, Sixers, Celtics or Raps could come out of the East and not be a complete shocker. Pacers or Heat could shock any of them.

                      But c'mon the Bucks are the class of the East right now and have taken a step over last season. Raps, even when fully healthy would have their hands full and would easily be betting underdogs
                      Raptors, Heat, Celtics and Pacers are pretty much all the same team - well coached, hard-playing and relatively deep with role players, but with no elite top 5 superstar. Bucks have Giannis, but his and Bledsoe's outside shooting are potentially fatal flaws come playoff time. Sixers have talent, but will probably never realize the full potential of Embiid and Simmons because the fit is so bad.

                      Bucks get an edge because of Giannis, but after that it's basically whoever gets hot (and is healthy) in April, May and June.

                      Comment


                      • golden wrote: View Post

                        Raptors, Heat, Celtics and Pacers are pretty much all the same team - well coached, hard-playing and relatively deep with role players, but with no elite top 5 superstar. Bucks have Giannis, but his and Bledsoe's outside shooting are potentially fatal flaws come playoff time. Sixers have talent, but will probably never realize the full potential of Embiid and Simmons because the fit is so bad.

                        Bucks get an edge because of Giannis, but after that it's basically whoever gets hot (and is healthy) in April, May and June.
                        Agreed. The question then is which of those teams are likely to add the right complimentary piece by the deadline to really put them in contention? The raps could really use a scorer that is harder to defend than, at least FVV. Not sure where they might get that. The celts could use a big, but they dont need anyone special. The pacers are getting dipo back, and that could be a problem for everyone else if they mesh quickly. I'm not sure what the heat need, maybe the same as the raps but they have a solid team with some very promising young talent. Bam, nunn and herro are impressive.

                        Comment


                        • JawsGT wrote: View Post

                          Agreed. The question then is which of those teams are likely to add the right complimentary piece by the deadline to really put them in contention? The raps could really use a scorer that is harder to defend than, at least FVV. Not sure where they might get that. The celts could use a big, but they dont need anyone special. The pacers are getting dipo back, and that could be a problem for everyone else if they mesh quickly. I'm not sure what the heat need, maybe the same as the raps but they have a solid team with some very promising young talent. Bam, nunn and herro are impressive.
                          The Heat are the least concerning to me. They play at maximum intensity almost every night, so there's no extra gear there. But also because their top rotation players (after Butler and Dragic) are kids, or straight up rookies (Jones Jr., Nunn, Herro, Robinson, Bam). They'll need at least a year or 2 to get that playoff experience.

                          Dipo and Brogdon, on the other hand, feels like a backcourt that's built for the playoffs, if Dipo comes back to form and they gel at the right time.

                          Comment


                          • golden wrote: View Post

                            The Heat are the least concerning to me. They play at maximum intensity almost every night, so there's no extra gear there. But also because their top rotation players (after Butler and Dragic) are kids, or straight up rookies (Jones Jr., Nunn, Herro, Robinson, Bam). They'll need at least a year or 2 to get that playoff experience.

                            Dipo and Brogdon, on the other hand, feels like a backcourt that's built for the playoffs, if Dipo comes back to form and they gel at the right time.
                            All 4 teams are dangerous because of their defence thats for sure. I have the same concerns about the heat, but the right addition might negate some of that inexperience. Its going to be interesting the rest of the way.

                            Comment


                            • I can't begin to describe just how effing hard it is to be a Buffalo Bills fan.

                              Comment


                              • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                I can't begin to describe just how effing hard it is to be a Buffalo Bills fan.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X