Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Embiid torn a ligament in his finger from that nasty dislocation last game. No timetable for return. The other top end of the east has yet to face big injury concerns like we have (Indy aside with oladipo yet to play). We have been able to keep up in the race regardless.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

    Comment


    • Yeah that sucks for Philly fans. Embiid just can't stay healthy. Not sure how long recovery would be if he decided on a surgery. But if he'll be back in time for the playoffs that might be worth it. No way Philly drops to 7th without him. They have too big of a cushion. Plus still a lot of talent.





      Comment


      • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        Embiid torn a ligament in his finger from that nasty dislocation last game. No timetable for return. The other top end of the east has yet to face big injury concerns like we have (Indy aside with oladipo yet to play). We have been able to keep up in the race regardless.
        i wonder if the ligament damage occurred when he dislocated it or afterwards, because i wondered why the hell he continued to play in a january game against the thunder.

        Comment


        • planetmars wrote: View Post
          Yeah that sucks for Philly fans. Embiid just can't stay healthy. Not sure how long recovery would be if he decided on a surgery. But if he'll be back in time for the playoffs that might be worth it. No way Philly drops to 7th without him. They have too big of a cushion. Plus still a lot of talent.




          They might even be better. Not that embiid is a problem. Its really simmons lack of shooting, but now they can up the pace and try and spread the floor to maximize simmons game. They need another wing though, which apparently they are hunting for.

          Comment


          • And Horford is prob best as a starting 5. Currently leading the Celtics by 6 half way through the 3rd.

            Comment


            • golden wrote: View Post

              lol. Remember when people were on here talking about the Raptors "razor thin depth" this year? If everybody gets healthy, the real problem is going to be getting the bench players consistent minutes to keep them sharp and motivated.

              What I find pretty amazing is how Nurse can throw a random group of 905'ers out there against the Blazers elite scorers, and they immediately gel as defensive unit, swarming the opposition like a well-oiled machine. The rotations, show/recovers and double-team on defense that night were impeccable. That's next-level coaching and preparation right there.

              Contrast this to Dwane Casey, a self-proclaimed "defensive coach", who always seemed to find an excuse why he never had the personnel for his teams to play high-end defense.
              Now, to be fair, anyone saying we had razor thin depth was being silly.

              But even for me - I really thought our depth was very good and if given a chance players like Davis could be very good and guys like Thomas or RHJ could be solid contributors - even from my starting point the ability of players like Boucher and Brissett and McCaw to make awesome to at-least-above-replacement-level contributions has been incredible. Still waiting on that Stanley Johnson miracle, but I think he's the last domino, unless Ponds finds his way into the lineup at some point.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

              Comment


              • OKC quietly moving up the standings, 15-5 in their last 20. I like that team, rooting for SGA.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                Comment


                • S.R. wrote: View Post
                  OKC quietly moving up the standings, 15-5 in their last 20. I like that team, rooting for SGA.
                  It will be ironic if OKC is the team that makes it to the finals, beating the clippers and the rockets

                  Comment


                  • nba_4_life wrote: View Post

                    It will be ironic if OKC is the team that makes it to the finals, beating the clippers and the rockets
                    You writing off the lakers?

                    Comment


                    • DanH wrote: View Post

                      Now, to be fair, anyone saying we had razor thin depth was being silly.

                      But even for me - I really thought our depth was very good and if given a chance players like Davis could be very good and guys like Thomas or RHJ could be solid contributors - even from my starting point the ability of players like Boucher and Brissett and McCaw to make awesome to at-least-above-replacement-level contributions has been incredible. Still waiting on that Stanley Johnson miracle, but I think he's the last domino, unless Ponds finds his way into the lineup at some point.
                      That was me and my comment was based on the fact that at the time the Raps were playing 7 guys and the coach himself was questioning the lack of depth. More than happy to be proven wrong. I was highly skeptical of Boucher but most of the other guys were a bit of a mystery to me (Davis was a bit of wildcard, RHJ and Johnson hadn't played, I didn't even know who Brissett was) so, in retrospect, I should have much more circumspect.

                      Comment


                      • Terrence Davis, RHJ, Boucher..all these guys have exceeded expectations, which is why we've stayed afloat. Even FVV, Siakam, and Kyle have easily exceeded expectations. Ibaka, Gasol and probably OG have at very least met expectations. Matt Thomas has been pleasantly good, and well, McCaw is a bad word to use around here so we'll leave that one alone.

                        But I think at some point, when you're 3 best scorers are all exceeding expectations, as are new arrivals, young guys and role players, at some point you have to tip your hat to a marvelous coaching job.

                        Side note, did you guys know RHJ was THIS much of a dog? I mean I knew his calling card was defense, but this guy is "all the little things" personified, he's the equivalent of Lowry without the passing and shooting lol. Love having him, every team needs a guy like that
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • The question comes down to how Nurse gets the role players to contribute when the team is fully healthy. His management of Kyle's minutes so far has been pretty bad which is the only knock on him so far I think. Have to get the role players more minutes on a regular basis so they can get into a groove. And Masai may need to help Nurse with locking in a rotation by making a trade. Just too many solid contributors at this time. What a problem to have.

                          Comment


                          • S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Holy, Embiid has a torn ligament in his left hand. Injuries this year are nuts.
                            Didn’t JV tear ligaments in his finger last year that cost him 6 or 8 weeks on the IR?

                            Comment


                            • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

                              Didn’t JV tear ligaments in his finger last year that cost him 6 or 8 weeks on the IR?
                              Might have been a thumb?, He was traded just before his first game back from the injury.

                              Comment


                              • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                The question comes down to how Nurse gets the role players to contribute when the team is fully healthy. His management of Kyle's minutes so far has been pretty bad which is the only knock on him so far I think. Have to get the role players more minutes on a regular basis so they can get into a groove. And Masai may need to help Nurse with locking in a rotation by making a trade. Just too many solid contributors at this time. What a problem to have.
                                It also helps to have some internal competition.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X