Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Hopefully Marc .... ahem, I mean BEER PAPI, doesn’t have too many cervezas.
    Beer Papi has a note from God to celebrate what might be the best year any pro athlete might have.....
    A league championship and a big time world tourney win with his country...

He will dry out and be ready to go in April...

But fuck eh?... Dudes got gas in the tank for us this year....
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Beer Papi has a note from God to celebrate what might be the best year any pro athlete might have.....
      A league championship and a big time world tourney win with his country...

He will dry out and be ready to go in April...

But fuck eh?... Dudes got gas in the tank for us this year....
      Not sure if there's been one since 2014 but the Washington Capitals won the Stanley Cup in 2018 so Ovechkin would have turned the trick. So would Dmitiri Orlov and Evgeny Kusnetzov if they were on the national team. Maybe Ilya Samsonov.
      Olympic Gold And Stanley Cup In Same Year

Among the rarest of feats in hockey is to win an Olympic Gold Medal and the Stanley Cup in the same season. American Ken Morrow was the first to turn the trick, doing so in 1980. Since then, only eight players have added their names to this exclusive list.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Not sure if there's been one since 2014 but the Washington Capitals won the Stanley Cup in 2018 so Ovechkin would have turned the trick. So would Dmitiri Orlov and Evgeny Kusnetzov if they were on the national team. Maybe Ilya Samsonov.
        Olympic Gold And Stanley Cup In Same Year

Among the rarest of feats in hockey is to win an Olympic Gold Medal and the Stanley Cup in the same season. American Ken Morrow was the first to turn the trick, doing so in 1980. Since then, only eight players have added their names to this exclusive list.
        True... but none of the above.. well maybe Ovie.....has Beer Papis parade game eh ?
        - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

True... but none of the above.. well maybe Ovie.....has Beer Papis parade game eh ?
          Ovie was pretty legendary touring with the Cup....but not Beer Papis Parade legendary ....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Ovie was pretty legendary touring with the Cup....but not Beer Papis Parade legendary ....
            Patrick Kane has to be top 5.

Comment

• Comment

• Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Depending on what he wants..... I think Iggy helps us.
                  Veteran SF who can rebound and play defense... decent offense.
                  You can never have enough selfless defenders who have been there before in the playoffs.

It would be a one year term. He expires with everyone else next year.

Wonder what it takes for Memphis to move him ...
                  B prospect and 2nd rounder ?

EDIT... The full Emily Lutella... Never Mind... he is under contract for 17M$...
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Sep 23, 2019, 07:46 PM.
                  - TGO

Comment

• D
                    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    Depending on what he wants..... I think Iggy helps us.
                    Veteran SF who can rebound and play defense... decent offense.
                    You can never have enough selfless defenders who have been there before in the playoffs.

It would be a one year term. He expires with everyone else next year.

Wonder what it takes for Memphis to move him ...
                    B prospect and 2nd rounder ?

EDIT... The full Emily Lutella... Never Mind... he is under contract for 17M$...
                    Dont get why everyone around the NBA just expects Memphis to buy him out and let him sign with whoever he wants? They traded for him under contract and he is a good vet many contending teams would like to have. Seems like NBA circles just want to pressure the grizz to give him away to a big market for free, when he still has trade value... Hope Memphis sticks to their guns and gets something for him.
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                      D

Dont get why everyone around the NBA just expects Memphis to buy him out and let him sign with whoever he wants?
                      Cause NBA players are the most entitled athletes in the world... (god love them). So it'd be pretty standard.

Comment

• And Kuzma is out till mid October with a foot injury...
                        It’s probably nothing...

But yeah...the heartbeats of the Laker lemmings is picking up..
                        - TGO

Comment

• As the defending NBA Champion Toronto Raptors training camp kicks off..

If you could add one gettable player before camp ends ....Who would it be?
                          Assume no one leaves the roster....just futures...
                          Guys like Harden..Kawhi....George..Curry....The Alphabet ..Lebron..AD..KD..would be considered to be not gettable type players...

So with that in mind would you add ?

My add is Brad Beal...

- TGO

Comment

• If he was available I’d go after Buddy Heild. Good shooter, plays D, and has a quiet confidence about him much like Kawhi. Looks like a guy that fits well into the Raptors culture.

Comment

• Wrote my usual win projection piece over at RHQ. Went a little deeper this year, projecting ORTG and DRTG as well, with much the same approach as I've used in the past. Full details here: https://www.raptorshq.com/2019/9/30/...tal-projection

But results below for anyone wanting a top level outcome:

One thing that is likely worth doing, in terms of dealing with injuries, is to remove players who won’t be on the team at all this season. For example, Kevin Durant in Brooklyn. He’s included in these calculations because he played minutes last year. But he won’t play at all this year. There are only a few players who are legitimately being reported as being out for the year, so I’ll just list a few examples here, but if you have a specific example you want checked, let me know in the comments and I can estimate the impact of that for you.

An absent Durant moves the Nets from a 50 win team to a 43 win team, which seems a more likely projection for them this year. Jusuf Nurkic is projected to play about 2,000 minutes for the Blazers, but he is out until February, at least. If he were to miss the entire year, the projection for Portland goes from 47 wins to 39 wins. If he plays 1,000 minutes late in the season, 43 wins.

One weird example is Josh Jackson of Memphis. He’s awful, but plays a lot of minutes. Reports just came out that he’s not going to be in camp for the Grizzlies and is starting the season in the G League. If they were to keep him there all year (and therefore remove him from the calculation), Memphis’ win total rockets from 27 wins to 33.

There are loads of examples of tweaks and adjustments you could make to the projected minutes and rosters, but (a) that’s a lot of work and (b) as stated, the goal of this is to keep my assumptions out entirely, or as much as possible. Besides Nurkic and Durant, the other players I found with significant injuries don’t move their teams’ projections by more than a couple of wins.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Clippers vs. Lakers in the 1st round would be oh so sweet!

Comment

Working...
                                X