Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Bulletin board material right here....

Looks like 3D is going to challenge Chris Broussard for the title of furthest out in left field award this year.
    Behind the Pistons, Nets AND Bulls ?
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• I find that the bottom of the barrel media personalities that don't get a lot of viewers tend to rate the Raptors lower than what common sense would dictate. I can only presume the hate from Canadians equates to more clicks/viewers tuning in. The personalities that don't need the additional viewers tend to rate this us fairly.....then there's Stephen A....

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Looks like 3D is going to challenge Chris Broussard for the title of furthest out in left field award this year.
        Behind the Pistons, Nets AND Bulls ?
        It boggles my mind how people think Pistons will be anywhere near that spot. They had an amazing campaign from Blake last year, and what did it get them? 40 wins and 1st round spanking? He's in tough to match that again, turning 31 and more injuries piled on to the odometer last season. And his supporting next 2 are still Drummond and Reggie Jackson. And the bench still sucks, although they added D Rose.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

It boggles my mind how people think Pistons will be anywhere near that spot. They had an amazing campaign from Blake last year, and what did it get them? 40 wins and 1st round spanking? He's in tough to match that again, turning 31 and more injuries piled on to the odometer last season. And his supporting next 2 are still Drummond and Reggie Jackson. And the bench still sucks, although they added D Rose.
          Watched a bit of Detroit in preseason, they are just a mediocre team. One of the top contenders for team most likely to sell the future after 25 games. Other contenders are Milwakee and Minnesota.

Comment

• So as camp grinds on ... a few observations.

1. There is a salary cap on the players.. but none on the front office. Masai Ujiris ability to find talent anywhere is now legendary. The leadership and talents of one Alex McKechnie is as well. Knock wood but once again the Raps appear to be healthy. Not so the Bucks who are down starting PG Eric Beldsoe with something. Not so the Hinkies as Joel Embiid has once again shown up to camp fat and out of shape. Not so the Nets who somehow have lost Kyrie Irving to a face injury. A face injury ?
            Yep Kyles thumb is still healing but that 31M$ extension should prove to be quite therapeutic.

2.This might be the last time the NBA ventures to China for a while. This trip is but a quick snapshot of how fast things can go sideways.... and to me a preview of what the Lakers season will be like if they start out of the gate slow. TOTAL SHIT SHOW.

3. Nick Nurse is light years better than anyone gave him credit for when he was hired. This guy is the MacGyver of NBA coaches. He always seems to be able to get something substantive done with whatever is around him.

4. If the Bucks falter (low probability but possible) and Brett Brown can't figure out how to maximize output from Horford and Embiid and Simmons (medium probability) .. the Raps or one of the Chowders or Pacers could be in the ECF.

5. I got a VB (Virutal Beer) riding on it. with Scraptor.... but I see Irving having a tough year on the health front and the Nets gearing up for the return of Durant sooner rather than later.

6. As always... today.. tonight...tomorrow.. next week.. next month .. next year and forever ....Fuck Boston.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Oct 11, 2019, 03:40 PM.
            - TGO

Comment

• I thought I saw a tweet/picture/something of Embiid showing up in shape.. like really in shape. Maybe it was a mirage.

EDIT - yeah this article here:
              https://heavy.com/sports/2019/10/six...-conditioning/

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                I thought I saw a tweet/picture/something of Embiid showing up in shape.. like really in shape. Maybe it was a mirage.

Raptors seriously fucked with Giannis, Embiid, and Currys head space

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I thought I saw a tweet/picture/something of Embiid showing up in shape.. like really in shape. Maybe it was a mirage.

Love you like a brother but its his coach saying he is in shape... Love the loyalty of Brown.

He looks to be the exact replica of the guy who wheezed out of games at the 6 minute mark in the playoffs....
                  Although its a serious stretch to base conditioning on pictures on my part... still .. 6 years of history says the whale is still slow and will be sucking air out of the roof of the Wells Fargo Centre by mid November. Its just hard to go against the pattern he has set for himself over the last 6 years.

Joel is 25...I don't think we are going to see him morph into the cardio version of a Kenyan distance runner ..
                  We see them for the first time in late November.... By that time either I am dining on crow... or not.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Oct 11, 2019, 06:51 PM.
                  - TGO

Comment

• I gotta be honest, maybe I'm wrong about Zion. He's been dominant this preseason. I know it's only preseason but still....

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      I gotta be honest, maybe I'm wrong about Zion. He's been dominant this preseason. I know it's only preseason but still....

The Blake Griffin comparison is waaaay off. Zion's quickness makes him a completely different animal.

Comment

• How the f... he's so quick with that body
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The Blake Griffin comparison is waaaay off. Zion's quickness makes him a completely different animal.
                          Yeah, I think he’ll have a Ben Simmons type rookie year. Just always seems to play downhill. Both are unstoppable in transition, can handle and attack the rim, make the right play and wont shoot. Not a perfect comp, but both are just so unique and always a mismatch.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                            I gotta be honest, maybe I'm wrong about Zion. He's been dominant this preseason. I know it's only preseason but still....

the "zion might not be very good" was the craziest RR offseason take i've seen. the dude will enter the league as the second most efficient paint scorer in the league after giannis, has aaron donald power, and basically does everything well except shoot (he needs to learn to play defence). in a league wide draft of players to build around for the next 15 years, i'd take him 2nd after doncic.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

the "zion might not be very good" was the craziest RR offseason take i've seen. the dude will enter the league as the second most efficient paint scorer in the league after giannis, has aaron donald power, and basically does everything well except shoot (he needs to learn to play defence). in a league wide draft of players to build around for the next 15 years, i'd take him 2nd after doncic.
                              Haha "does basically everything well except shoot and play defence" is pretty hilarious tho, you have to admit
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Haha "does basically everything well except shoot and play defence" is pretty hilarious tho, you have to admit
                                heh. well he definitely has the capability to be an excellent defensive player and i expect he'll be pretty good in time. he's already a monster at the things you'd expect a generational athlete to excel at, like weakside shot blocking, jumping passing lanes, ambushing on traps. he just lacks situational awareness. but he's only 19 with one year of college under his belt.

Comment

Working...
                                X