No announcement yet.

Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spurs on a 6 game losing streak and not in the playoff picture? Never thought I'd see the day.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Spurs on a 6 game losing streak and not in the playoff picture? Never thought I'd see the day.
      I blame Tim Duncan's new hair do

Comment

Spurs on a 6 game losing streak and not in the playoff picture? Never thought I'd see the day.
        Fans turning on DeMar in the last forum I saw. Think he doesn't want to be in SA and isn't really trying too much of the time (never heard that before). Apparently he still wears WeTheNorth bracelets inside out.

It's the Internet, I don't know if I believe any of that or if fans are just getting pissed because the team is losing. But sooner or later even Pop can't make a DeMar/LMA pairing work I guess. Need to drop at least one of those guys.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Fans turning on DeMar in the last forum I saw. Think he doesn't want to be in SA and isn't really trying too much of the time (never heard that before). Apparently he still wears WeTheNorth bracelets inside out.

It's the Internet, I don't know if I believe any of that or if fans are just getting pissed because the team is losing. But sooner or later even Pop can't make a DeMar/LMA pairing work I guess. Need to drop at least one of those guys.
            I thought I read somewhere that Orlando was asking about DeMar, and more recently that Demar would prefer to be traded to an Eastern Conf team if he were being dealt. Pop's style of hard nosed coaching isn't for everyone and especially when the team isn't winning.

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that Orlando was asking about DeMar, and more recently that Demar would prefer to be traded to an Eastern Conf team if he were being dealt. Pop's style of hard nosed coaching isn't for everyone and especially when the team isn't winning.
              I dont think it helps that the spurs are trying to play early 2000s mid range ball and have one of the worst defenses in the league. That is not a recipe to win basketball games in this era. Pop should shoulder some blame but he seems to be above criticism
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• You know who could really help us? Tristan Thompson. The guy has really stepped up this year and if he can be gotten for cheap after a buyout, I'm all in. We need rebounders.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                  You know who could really help us? Tristan Thompson. The guy has really stepped up this year and if he can be gotten for cheap after a buyout, I'm all in. We need rebounders.
                  So why would the Cavs, who are in need of young assets/picks as part of a rebuilding process, simply buyout Thompson if he has value to other teams?

Comment

You know who could really help us? Tristan Thompson. The guy has really stepped up this year and if he can be gotten for cheap after a buyout, I'm all in. We need rebounders.
                    I think I'd rather see what Boucher may possibly develop into more than see TT in a Raptors uniform. He's a great rebounder, but overall his game seems pretty old school. Our rebounding issues should improve once Lowry and Ibaka are back.

Comment

What do you know? It looks like NeedTristanThompson was a Truth Teller all long! lol.

Comment

• Nurse's offense thrives with a floor spacing center. Tristan hasn't developed that part of his game like other centers in the league have (like Lopez or Zeller, etc). Serge can hit a 3 as can Marc. It keeps the paint less clogged as well which can help when guys like Fred/Norm/Pascal/Kyle drive to the rim.

Tristan is not going to be bought out. If he does it's a no brainer. But I think his $18M deal is fully guaranteed and I doubt the Cavs would eat most of that just to help him win a ring (one that he already has mind you).

Comment

• It would he nice to find another big capable of gobbling rebounds. Another chuck hayes/monroe that can play here and there. When ibaka gets back would be nice to rest gasol here and there
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            It would he nice to find another big capable of gobbling rebounds. Another chuck hayes/monroe that can play here and there. When ibaka gets back would be nice to rest gasol here and there
                            3 low-budget type guys come to mind: Noah Vonleh, Alex Len and Willy Hernangomez.

Hernangomez is intriguing... can do a bit of everything and is shooting 3's now. Has had very good advanced stats for his whole career, but played for 2 crap organizations. Len is huge and can rebound, but he's a bit of a stiff. Vonleh is a great rebounder and rim protector, but also limited offensively.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              It would he nice to find another big capable of gobbling rebounds. Another chuck hayes/monroe that can play here and there. When ibaka gets back would be nice to rest gasol here and there
                              Even the meager rebounds we do get, if you watch closely, are often the come-right-to-you-not-contested type that pad rebounding stats. I want a guy that boxes out AND hustles AND goes up and fights for a few.

Any big even remotely trying to stand in the right place(s) gets 5 free rebounds a night ......

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Even the meager rebounds we do get, if you watch closely, are often the come-right-to-you-not-contested type that pad rebounding stats. I want a guy that boxes out AND hustles AND goes up and fights for a few.

Any big even remotely trying to stand in the right place(s) gets 5 free rebounds a night ......
                                I think what we need is a guy that can rebound but can also shoot.. it's tough to find someone that's cheap enough to fill that role. And it could be why we drafted Hernandez and brought back Boucher since they are both cheap, and capable enough to shoot/rebound the ball. Although Hernandez needs time and Boucher is really small in the post.

Guys like Kenneth Faried and Biyombo can hustle and grab boards, but that's all they can do. They become way to one dimensional and will rarely see the floor under Nurse's watch.

What we really need is for OG/Pascal/Norm to be above average rebounders. Kawhi grabbed a lot of boards last year and this rebounding issue was not a problem in the playoffs last year because of him. Our guys like to leak out though and/or bobble the ball instead of grabbing two hands on it so they can run. Marc and Serge are just not good enough. Kyle is awesome at it, but he's still only like 6'1.

Comment

Working...
                                X