No announcement yet.

Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jalen Rose and Kendrick Perkins I feel are the only media guys in the US that pays attention to this team.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      Jalen Rose and Kendrick Perkins I feel are the only media guys in the US that pays attention to this team.
      I will never forgive Jalen for 81 or the 99%. One more strike and he is out.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Masai to the Knicks?

https://mobile.twitter.com/basketbal...18243229753344

Comment

• Not a chance. NY runs alot of the media. This is were this stupid storys are coming from. I don't think Masai will ever take another NBA job. If he leaves it will be for bigger and better things
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• The Masai to NY thing seems like it's going to be a non-story that keeps popping its head through out the season. NY is having a terrible season (as usual) and the media is trying to give the fans some form of hope by concocting a story. Like Durant coming to NY last summer.

Durant is in Brooklyn. Lebron is in LA. There is no white knight super star messiah that is coming to NY to save them all. They want Masai so they can get Giannis. Neither is happening.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              The Masai to NY thing seems like it's going to be a non-story that keeps popping its head through out the season. NY is having a terrible season (as usual) and the media is trying to give the fans some form of hope by concocting a story. Like Durant coming to NY last summer.

Durant is in Brooklyn. Lebron is in LA. There is no white knight super star messiah that is coming to NY to save them all. They want Masai so they can get Giannis. Neither is happening.
              He's going to run the UN when Trudeau burns out

Comment

• The Jazz are taking it square in the cojones again tonight. This is two in a row at the hands of another top quartile Eastern Conference team.

Is the West being the far better conference now more NBA MSM urban myth ?

The top 6 teams out west are LA squared Denver Houston, Utah, Dallas followed by soon to turn into pumpkins teams the Timberpups and the Suns. The Kings and the Blazers who are on the outside looking in should both squeak in by April.

The East has the Bucks, Raps, Hinkies, Heat, Pacers and Cowders separating and the treading water Nets and the underachieving Magic rounding out the playoff teams. I dont see anyone on the outside looking in with enough to get in.

It looks pretty even between the top 8 in the conferences right now.

Except for the Knicks who once again are in "A League of Their Own".
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    The Jazz are taking it square in the cojones again tonight. This is two in a row at the hands of another top quartile Eastern Conference team.

Is the West being the far better conference now more NBA MSM urban myth ?

The top 6 teams out west are LA squared Denver Houston, Utah, Dallas followed by soon to turn into pumpkins teams the Timberpups and the Suns. The Kings and the Blazers who are on the outside looking in should both squeak in by April.

The East has the Bucks, Raps, Hinkies, Heat, Pacers and Cowders separating and the treading water Nets and the underachieving Magic rounding out the playoff teams. I dont see anyone on the outside looking in with enough to get in.

It looks pretty even between the top 8 in the conferences right now.

I think the West being favoured over the East is more to do than the two favourites to win it all are the Clippers and Lakers (and the hangover from the GSW days) than a more subjective top 8 vs top 8

Denver, Dallas, Rockets, Jazz don't terrify anyone but decent to good teams.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I think the West being favoured over the East is more to do than the two favourites to win it all are the Clippers and Lakers (and the hangover from the GSW days) than a more subjective top 8 vs top 8

Clips and Lakers both have extended Eastern Conference trips coming up shortly with some good teams on tap. Lakers get Miami, Milwaukee and Indiana. Clippers get Indy, Milwaukee and Toronto.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

The guys over at Posting and Toasting (Knicks site) have lost their minds. Dolan, Mills and Perry and Fizdale have driven them insane. They had a recent post-game recap in Shakespearean verse and have a post up today comparing Ntilinka to a cat. That site and Blog-a-Bull are the best sites this year as their teams slowly push the guys who have to write stuff to the edge of madness and beyond. It's very entertaining.

Comment

I think it's more about the bottom 9 than the top 6 in each conference. If you compare the top 6 in the East to the top 6 in the West, you could give the East a bit of an edge. Bucks/Raptors/76ers/Celtics are the cream of the crop in the East. Heat are getting there, and Pacers are scary especially when they get Dipo back.

In the West you have the Lakers/Clippers/Nuggets/Rockets as the cream there.. with the Mavs/Jazz as the Heat/Pacers equivalent so to speak.

What makes the West "tougher" is that their bottom teams are so much better than the East bottom teams. NY is a complete dumpster fire. But the Hawks, Cavs, Hornets, Bulls, Wizards are also really bad. In the West the only teams that are awful would probably be GSW (until Steph/Klay come back), Grizzlies, and Pelicans (who are also waiting for Zion to come back).

Comment

I think it's more about the bottom 9 than the top 6 in each conference. If you compare the top 6 in the East to the top 6 in the West, you could give the East a bit of an edge. Bucks/Raptors/76ers/Celtics are the cream of the crop in the East. Heat are getting there, and Pacers are scary especially when they get Dipo back.

In the West you have the Lakers/Clippers/Nuggets/Rockets as the cream there.. with the Mavs/Jazz as the Heat/Pacers equivalent so to speak.

What makes the West "tougher" is that their bottom teams are so much better than the East bottom teams. NY is a complete dumpster fire. But the Hawks, Cavs, Hornets, Bulls, Wizards are also really bad. In the West the only teams that are awful would probably be GSW (until Steph/Klay come back), Grizzlies, and Pelicans (who are also waiting for Zion to come back).
                            Yah but I don't think anyone says the West is better than the East because their bottom 3-6 are better than the the East bottom 3-6
                            They say the West is better because their top 2 are favoured to beat anyone in the East in the finals and the teams behind them are , as you say, still really good.

Comment

Yah but I don't think anyone says the West is better than the East because their bottom 3-6 are better than the the East bottom 3-6
                              They say the West is better because their top 2 are favoured to beat anyone in the East in the finals and the teams behind them are , as you say, still really good.
                              Nah... it's because, other than Lebron, the East has been dogsh*t for the last decade, with some teams not even trying to hide their tank jobs. It will take years to remove that stigma and well-earned reputation.

Comment

Makes sense...but there’s room for the view that rating the strength of the respective conferences on the degree of shiftiness of your bottom quartile teams is grossly unfair to how good your top 8 playoff teams are. We have the Knicks assuming the mantle of hopelessness that the Clippers once held without challenge.

And

The East and West’s top 8 playoff teams are pretty equal using the eyeball test.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X