Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Yah but I don't think anyone says the West is better than the East because their bottom 3-6 are better than the the East bottom 3-6
    They say the West is better because their top 2 are favoured to beat anyone in the East in the finals and the teams behind them are , as you say, still really good.
    “They” are some of the same bobble head guys who had the Raptors at 14 or 16 in the post draft, post FA period. ESPN had them behind such locks as the Pelicans, Nets and Pacers. Even with the pre season reset Dennis 3D Smith had them out of the playoffs behind the Pistons and Bulls.

The Clips look really good and the Lakers have had a pretty good schedule and they worked it well to be at 17 and 3. The Lakers though have come up short against the better teams at home. They get Denver, the slumping Jazz and Portland on the road as a bit of a litmus test. One thing about Lebron if he’s breathing he is playing.

It’s really hard to get an in-depth read on the Clips as George just got back and Leonard is in and out of the lineup following last year’s rest schedule. What I’d like to see is a stretch of ten or so games with Leonard and George in and playing to see how much more they can dial up than what we saw against Dallas the other day on the road. Those two are all NBA talent but I’m still sceptical on Pat Beverly as a playoff PG and if Lou Williams can be a microwave off the bench in a half court playoff game when the NBA refs swallow their whistles.

The bite from the big dogs in the East is every bit as mean as those from the West.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Dec 3, 2019, 04:28 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

“They” are some of the same bobble head guys who had the Raptors at 14 or 16 in the post draft, post FA period. ESPN had them behind such locks as the Pelicans, Nets and Pacers. Even with the pre season reset Dennis 3D Smith had them out of the playoffs behind the Pistons and Bulls.

The Clips look really good and the Lakers have had a pretty good schedule and they worked it well to be at 17 and 3. The Lakers though have come up short against the better teams at home. They get Denver, the slumping Jazz and Portland on the road as a bit of a litmus test. One thing about Lebron if he’s breathing he is playing.

It’s really hard to get an in-depth read on the Clips as George just got back and Leonard is in and out of the lineup following last year’s rest schedule. What I’d like to see is a stretch of ten or so games with Leonard and George in and playing to see how much more they can dial up than what we saw against Dallas the other day on the road. Those two are all NBA talent but I’m still sceptical on Pat Beverly as a playoff PG and if Lou Williams can be a microwave off the bench in a half court playoff game when the NBA refs swallow their whistles.

The bite from the big dogs in the East is every bit as mean as those from the West.
      You're not going to get a good read on the Clippers until April because it all depends on Kawhi's leg and George's shoulders holding up for the entire season. If they are both healthy heading into the playoffs, no one will want to play them and they will be the second best (or best) team out West. For the Lakers I think it's largely the same question: can Davis and Lebron hold up for 82+ games? Their minutes aren't massive (35 per game) but they are hard minutes cause they have to do so much out there.

I wouldn't sleep on Houston. Rockets have a bad rap regarding the playoffs but there is no shame being stuck behind one of the greatest teams of all time in the playoffs out West. This year could be their chance but it seemingly is more dependent on matchups and other factors. Not sure they can take out the LA teams if the latter are at full strength.

Comment

• The LA teams are probably overrated at this point - neither is a shoe-in for the chip. Bucks and Raptors are still underrated.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          The LA teams are probably overrated at this point - neither is a shoe-in for the chip. Bucks and Raptors are still underrated.
          Yeah..20 games in and the team that scares me the most is The Deer. Mostly because we will see them before we would see the west.

Do I think we can take the deer in a seven gamer...Yes with a few ifs.

If Beer Pappi is the same soul crusher on defense as he was in the middle last year.
          If OG and RHJ and Pascal can slide over to help on the Alphabet close to the way the Kwactus did.
          If Freddy and Norm play the same as they did in last years classic.

I do think that Middleton will have a Derozan-esque playoff again where he is more cold than hot and after wilting 2 years in a row, Eric Bledsoe will again disappear once the post season starts.

The only for sure is that Malcom Brogdon won’t be killing us in the paint as he is in Indy.

Damn I hope this is ECF final again.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Dec 3, 2019, 05:11 PM.
          - TGO

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

You're not going to get a good read on the Clippers until April because it all depends on Kawhi's leg and George's shoulders holding up for the entire season. If they are both healthy heading into the playoffs, no one will want to play them and they will be the second best (or best) team out West. For the Lakers I think it's largely the same question: can Davis and Lebron hold up for 82+ games? Their minutes aren't massive (35 per game) but they are hard minutes cause they have to do so much out there.

I wouldn't sleep on Houston. Rockets have a bad rap regarding the playoffs but there is no shame being stuck behind one of the greatest teams of all time in the playoffs out West. This year could be their chance but it seemingly is more dependent on matchups and other factors. Not sure they can take out the LA teams if the latter are at full strength.
            Houston has a bad rap for a reason. Other than that one fluke year where they took the Warriors to the limit, the Rockets have always had a bottom 15 ranked defense during the D'Antoni era, including this year. Harden relies on foul-baiting (which is out of your control) and 3-pt shooting (high variance) to win games. It just feels way too gimmicky to be sustainable in the playoffs, when all of your weaknesses are laid bare.

Comment

• The Deer are once again pounding teams on their way to a probable #1 EC seed. The idea of facing MIL in the finals doesn't scare me in that the RAPS has figured out how to tame the beast. Having the size and versatility to neuter Giannis takes them out of their flow. Brogdon (gone) was their best player during the ECF as he could improvise and create offense out of secondary actions / broken plays. It's going to be a very interesting playoffs this year as each conference has 3 or 4 (5?) with a reasonable chance to win the LOB. Looking at TOR, MIL, PHI, BOS and in the West, the LA's, DEN and HOU. A TOR vs LAC would be a classic story.

Comment

• If you believe this year is a horse race (and I do) then at the quarter poll ..The Raps are in it.

As despondent and pissed as we were in July that Leonard went home...right now ...that’s gone. OK I’m still a little pissed.

But....

Beer Pappi has some beer left in the tank. Siakam has taken yet another qualitative step up. Freddys playoff run wasn’t a mirage. Kyle and Serge got some unscheduled R&R and overall the team is better for it. This year’s bet on yourself win is Terrance Davis. He can play. Norm still blows hot and cold but so far it’s more hot than cold. Of the two value village pickups RHJ is going to get paid next year. It’s still early but Stanley Johnson should make sure his passport is up to date. OG has made decent strides in getting to the rim on his own off the bounce and when Kyle gets back he will make OG even better. Chris Boucher is Bebe with heart and a brain. He is a bona fide rotation piece. Matt Thomas can make those 3s in Nurses scheme. He is a good situational player that will try on defense.

We are in it again...

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Dec 3, 2019, 05:52 PM.
                - TGO

Comment

• Best big man in the league hosts the 3rd best big man in the game tonight in Denver. Between our game and that it would make a good double header on national TV if the NBA cared about the defending champs
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I have zero faith in houston. They have no chance at getting to the finals as far as I'm concerned. Step back 3s aint getting you the LOB.

Comment

• Overrated *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I'd like to apologize to Gobert and Horford for putting Jokec ahead of them in the best big man rankings. Jokec is not even a top 5 C in the NBA. He's in the Nikola Vucevic range.

1. Embiid
                        2. Davis
                        3. Towns
                        4. Gobert
                        5. Horford
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                          Overrated *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

I think that tweet actually illustrates exactly why Jokic>Embiid. He's mature and self aware on when he doesn't have it going. Embiid on the other hand in a tight game where he has 0 points. Take the ball out of Jrichs hand who been on fire all night. Drives into traffic, takes a contested 3 with 14 seconds on the shot clock and barrels into the lane for a waiting defender to take a charge.

As for the "im gonna tell my kids" meme that actually pretty funny. He does look alot like the joker lol. We talking about a guy who admitted he used to drink 3 litres of pop a day hahaha.
                          Last edited by bertarapsfan; Wed Dec 4, 2019, 02:21 AM.

Comment

I'd like to apologize to Gobert and Horford for putting Jokec ahead of them in the best big man rankings. Jokec is not even a top 5 C in the NBA. He's in the Nikola Vucevic range.

1. Embiid
                            2. Davis
                            3. Towns
                            4. Gobert
                            5. Horford
                            Only one of those guys have ever been All-NBA first team (like Jokic) and its not your homeboy j0el

Comment

• Btw, saying Jokec is in Vucevic range is not a slight on Jokec. I'm actually being nice.

Vucevic this year is averaging - 17/11/3
                              Jokec - 15/10/6

Maybe Vucevic is better?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Btw, saying Jokec is in Vucevic range is not a slight on Jokec. I'm actually being nice.

Vucevic this year is averaging - 17/11/3
                                Jokec - 15/10/6

Maybe Vucevic is better?

Comment

Working...
                                X