Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    I want Giannis here even more now.
    Dude is a stud on and off the court and seems like a chill guy you could have a beer with anywhere.
    -the anti-lebron
    What's wrong with lebron?
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Greek Freak > Control Freak

Lebron is all about Lebron's legacy and Lebron Inc, but I hear you.... in his case, the squeeze is actually worth the juice.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        This is pretty funny.. apparently they do this all the time before games:

Well damn, with shenanigans like that, he's never going to leave Millwaukee. Honestly though he is having a tonne of success and fun playing for the Bucks, I just don't see Toronto or any other team prying him away.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Well damn, with shenanigans like that, he's never going to leave Millwaukee. Honestly though he is having a tonne of success and fun playing for the Bucks, I just don't see Toronto or any other team prying him away.
          Meh, one thing with these superstars is they're very confident in their own impact. Plenty of stars have left winning situations the past 10 years. They're fully confident that they'll make the team they're going to a contender. Giannis to Toronto would absolutely fit that mold, Giannis + Siakam + FVV + OG +TD or Powell or whoever + rest of Masai's roster would immediately be the team to beat in the East. Giannis would know that.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Greek Freak > Control Freak

Lebron is all about Lebron's legacy and Lebron Inc, but I hear you.... in his case, the squeeze is actually worth the juice.

I mean, for a guy who's had fame, power, ass kissers and yes men since he was 15, lebron has done fairly well navigating life, being a good dad, and staying out of trouble.

is he a little bit annoying sometimes and have an ego. Of course. Wouldnt you?

Comment

How much time to you have?
              Too tampering/Wade/Bosh/Kawhi/AD
              Too bad-teammate
              Too smug
              Too whiny
              Too Super team
              Too hair plugged
              Too corporate
              Too Disney
              Too Brotherhood
              .... Too lebron

Comment

I mean, for a guy who's had fame, power, ass kissers and yes men since he was 15, lebron has done fairly well navigating life, being a good dad, and staying out of trouble.

I get it. In fact I watched a show where was helping build a house for charity and donates to schools etc and seems like a decent guy.
                But I get the sense he never does these things without a camera near by to catch it all and he's gone when they turn off.

Count me in the group of guys who like the old time athletes that didn't spend so much time on clothes/opinions/tweeting/his personal brand crap and tampering with the game. Great player obviously but I can't stand him lol

Comment

I don't like the whole Rich Paul / Klutch connection. IMO, that's crossing the line in terms of controlling league-wide player movement. It's player empowerment on steroids. The league set it up so that you get your opportunity to pull some strings during your free agent period (like Kawhi did), but with Klutch, Lebron has major influence over multiple players year-round.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I get it. In fact I watched a show where was helping build a house for charity and donates to schools etc and seems like a decent guy.
                    But I get the sense he never does these things without a camera near by to catch it all and he's gone when they turn off.

Count me in the group of guys who like the old time athletes that didn't spend so much time on clothes/opinions/tweeting/his personal brand crap and tampering with the game. Great player obviously but I can't stand him lol
                    The whole "build your brand" and "legacy" and "The Decision" - it seems like the next generation of guys are a little bit lower key than the Lebron/Wade/Bosh generation that seemed to peak with this stuff? Maybe I just haven't noticed it as much.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

The whole "build your brand" and "legacy" and "The Decision" - it seems like the next generation of guys are a little bit lower key than the Lebron/Wade/Bosh generation that seemed to peak with this stuff? Maybe I just haven't noticed it as much.
                      I think it is subtler now and less obnoxious. Lessons learned and all that. The 'player empowerment' stuff is cyclical - it just took the NBA longer to catch up with MLB.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I think it is subtler now and less obnoxious. Lessons learned and all that. The 'player empowerment' stuff is cyclical - it just took the NBA longer to catch up with MLB.
                        Cyclical? Lebron controlling Anthony Davis via his surrogate, Rich Paul, was about as subtle as a fart in church. That's next level player empowerment. And it crosses the line, IMO.

Comment

Catch up with MLB... Not the other way around?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Cyclical? Lebron controlling Anthony Davis via his surrogate, Rich Paul, was about as subtle as a fart in church. That's next level player empowerment. And it crosses the line, IMO.
                            Meh, sometimes the balance of power swings to the players and sometimes to the owners. If it goes too far out of whack it gets corrected. Both sides need each other, so there's incentives on both sides to work out problems.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Catch up with MLB... Not the other way around?
                              In a general sense where MLB has had historical swings of power between owners and the PA. The PA was in the cat-bird seat until recently when management started gaming the system and now the players are getting screwed, which is why there is going to be a labor war shortly in MLB. In the NBA, the owners have had it pretty good and now the players are exploiting the system and that's why we're going to have a problem in the NBA, too.

Comment

In a general sense where MLB has had historical swings of power between owners and the PA. The PA was in the cat-bird seat until recently when management started gaming the system and now the players are getting screwed, which is why there is going to be a labor war shortly in MLB. In the NBA, the owners have had it pretty good and now the players are exploiting the system and that's why we're going to have a problem in the NBA, too.
                                The league with the players losing to the owners the most is NFL and its not even close. And they can't afford to strike, with the average career 2.5 years long and non guaranteed deals.

The closest to equals right now is probably the NHL. Everybodys fairly happy, except for the bottom half of the roster guys who cant get more than league minimum under the cap

Comment

Working...
                                X