Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Didn’t JV tear ligaments in his finger last year that cost him 6 or 8 weeks on the IR?
    JV broke his thumb badly. Embiid had surgery on a torn ligament. Probably at least 6 weeks for that to heal properly, especially after needing surgery.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

That was me and my comment was based on the fact that at the time the Raps were playing 7 guys and the coach himself was questioning the lack of depth. More than happy to be proven wrong. I was highly skeptical of Boucher but most of the other guys were a bit of a mystery to me (Davis was a bit of wildcard, RHJ and Johnson hadn't played, I didn't even know who Brissett was) so, in retrospect, I should have much more circumspect.
      Oh you were hardly alone there. I think a majority of fans I interacted with on twitter were questioning my stance that they should just start playing their depth guys. And it was certainly the message Nurse was sending - whether that was his real position or he was just trying to light a fire under the depth guys before letting them into the rotation, who knows.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 2, 3 and 6.

This random set of primary numbers represent among many things, the seeding slots that your Toronto Raptors could land on in a wildly competitive Eastern Conference this season. Those seeds also don't meet with the current number 1 seed and current preemptive favourite Milwaukee Bucks till the ECF.

The Bucks look to be a 60 win team this year and at this point in time the 1st overall seed in a very competitive East.

There are two schools of thought on when you want to meet the biggest dog in the pack because you have to play them sometime.

Early on when your fresh.... or .....later when its for all the marbles.

Its going to be hard to catch the Bucks so if they don't I hope the Raps finish 2 or 3.. but if they don't ... 6 ain't so bad.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Zions is targeting a thursday return.
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            Zions is targeting a thursday return.
            In the NBA...the equivalent of the Red Sea is parting.
            Moses is bringing New Orleans to the promised land.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Philly just lost to Indy. Pushes them back to 6th.

i really hope raps can get the 2 seed.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

In the NBA...the equivalent of the Red Sea is parting.
                Moses is bringing New Orleans to the promised land.
                Are we allowed to refer to Williamson fans as Zionists?

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                  Philly just lost to Indy. Pushes them back to 6th.

i really hope raps can get the 2 seed.
                  Damn, we choked away 2 very winnable games in the 4th quarter on our home court. We should be tied with the Heat. And if the Sixers have any doubt who is more valuable (Embiid or Simmons), they will find out in these next few weeks.

Comment

• East is still East lol
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Damn, we choked away 2 very winnable games in the 4th quarter on our home court. We should be tied with the Heat. And if the Sixers have any doubt who is more valuable (Embiid or Simmons), they will find out in these next few weeks.
                      Spoiler alert: its not simmons
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Spoiler alert: its not simmons
                        i dunno, not on that team i guess. but if you built a team around simmons the way milwaukee has around giannis (all shooting) i might rather have simmons.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i dunno, not on that team i guess. but if you built a team around simmons the way milwaukee has around giannis (all shooting) i might rather have simmons.
                          Or, you could build a team around Embiid with shooters and you'd be even better.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Or, you could build a team around Embiid with shooters and you'd be even better.
                            sure if he's healthy, engaged, and in shape, which are three things you generally don't have to worry about with simmons.

Comment

• Can't let the Heat pull away. Time to put together a winning streak.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                Can't let the Heat pull away. Time to put together a winning streak.
                                The Heat are, ahem, cooling off. 6-4 in the their last 10 coming off back-to-back losses to the Nets and Knicks. Add recent losses to the Magic and Wizards and they are now under .500 on the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X