Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

The Heat are, ahem, cooling off. 6-4 in the their last 10 coming off back-to-back losses to the Nets and Knicks. Add recent losses to the Magic and Wizards and they are now under .500 on the road.
    For some reason i just have this weird feeling the Heat are going to start to fall off and end up in the 6 hole.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

The Heat are, ahem, cooling off. 6-4 in the their last 10 coming off back-to-back losses to the Nets and Knicks. Add recent losses to the Magic and Wizards and they are now under .500 on the road.
      Most of the top east teams have crazy home-road splits. Teams have only one or two losses at home and are .500 or worse on the road. Can't remember it begin so significant. Our defense will travel

Comment

Good. It's still time to put together a winning streak.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Most of the top east teams have crazy home-road splits. Teams have only one or two losses at home and are .500 or worse on the road. Can't remember it begin so significant. Our defense will travel
          Yeah, nothing sucks the life out of a building faster than the home team turning the ball over and hoisting bricks for like 2-3 minute stretches at a time. At the very least, our defense will keep us in every game.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Philly's is ridiculous. 18-2 at home, 7-14 on the road? Yeesh.

We have the second best road record in the East (3rd best in the league) at 11-7. If we can maintain that throughout the season as we get healthy we'll be sitting pretty, the home record should stabilize (and it's not exactly bad at 14-7, just not the ridiculous ratio some teams are still riding).
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

For some reason i just have this weird feeling the Heat are going to start to fall off and end up in the 6 hole.
              Pacers, Heat or long shot Nets will knock out 1 of the Bucks, Celtics, Raptors or Sixers.... you read it here first

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Pacers, Heat or long shot Nets will knock out 1 of the Bucks, Celtics, Raptors or Sixers.... you read it here first
                I think theres a very good shot. 3-6 and 4-5 matchup are going to be like 2nd round match ups

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Philly's is ridiculous. 18-2 at home, 7-14 on the road? Yeesh.

We have the second best road record in the East (3rd best in the league) at 11-7. If we can maintain that throughout the season as we get healthy we'll be sitting pretty, the home record should stabilize (and it's not exactly bad at 14-7, just not the ridiculous ratio some teams are still riding).
                  Not always but generally road records are a pretty good indicator of who is going to be a tough out in the playoffs.

Comment

• The Knicks really got fucked in the lottery last year lol. They didn't just miss out on Zion but also on Morant who is looking like a franchise type of PG.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Who is the most surprising team. Memphis or OKC? They're both really fun to watch. Memphis has a better future at the moment, Ja,JJ,Clarke, Brooks vs SGA. But OKC has a plethora of picks coming up.

Too me the OKC is a bigger surprise just because i didn't think CP3 would buy in and they would end up trading all their vets by now. If im them keep these guys together and try and have an impressive playoff series ala last year clippers. A good playoff series and CP3 and Adams trade value will increase. Maybe move Gallo since he's FA

Comment

• So slowly but surely the band is getting back together. Marc Gasol looks like he plays in OKC. Pascal and Norm were back for that fumble vs the Spurs. Getting the rust off might take a couple weeks. The lone starter left in the trainers room is Freddy with no timeline for a return.

This group when they are all back with bench support they built when the starters were hurt looks pretty good.

But To this observer on his couch they need something. They need an iso scorer at the 3 to get something up when the play bungs up or it’s late in the clock and when the game turns into a half court game in the playoffs.

So..does Ujiri and Webster do ?

Make some kind of a move for TJ Warren or Rodney Hood type at a low cost; go bigger and try to get a guy like Bogdonovic from Sacto, Gallo from OKC or simply let it play out with what they have. If the Raps with the return of the walking wounded peel off a good run of say 9 and 2 to the end of the month and are in 3rd.....I think Ujiri makes a move.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

Who is the most surprising team. Memphis or OKC? They're both really fun to watch. Memphis has a better future at the moment, Ja,JJ,Clarke, Brooks vs SGA. But OKC has a plethora of picks coming up.

Too me the OKC is a bigger surprise just because i didn't think CP3 would buy in and they would end up trading all their vets by now. If im them keep these guys together and try and have an impressive playoff series ala last year clippers. A good playoff series and CP3 and Adams trade value will increase. Maybe move Gallo since he's FA
                          I thought Memphis and OKC would both be pretty good and was kind of surprised some preseason takes were so low on both of them - then they also got off to slow starts and thought I was out to lunch after all. Nice to see them both finding a groove, both fairly fun to watch teams. Ja is special and I'll always root for JV, and this is the CP3 redemption tour featuring SGA putting the League on notice. Good stuff.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I thought Memphis and OKC would both be pretty good and was kind of surprised some preseason takes were so low on both of them - then they also got off to slow starts and thought I was out to lunch after all. Nice to see them both finding a groove, both fairly fun to watch teams. Ja is special and I'll always root for JV, and this is the CP3 redemption tour featuring SGA putting the League on notice. Good stuff.
                            Follow up. Who is the most deserving all star out of the 3 guards? CP3, Shai, Ja?

Comment

Follow up. Who is the most deserving all star out of the 3 guards? CP3, Shai, Ja?
                              chris paul easily.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

chris paul easily.
                                That what i expect most ppl to say. Chris is getting alot of the shine but he averaging 16.5, 5.1 and 6.5 vs SGA 19.9, 5.7 and 2.9. Chris rightfully is the leader and has the name recognition but i think its alot closer as who is the star of the team it.

Comment

Working...
                                X