Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

That what i expect most ppl to say. Chris is getting alot of the shine but he averaging 16.5, 5.1 and 6.5 vs SGA 19.9, 5.7 and 2.9. Chris rightfully is the leader and has the name recognition but i think its alot closer as who is the star of the team it.
    is he getting all the shine? i feel like SGA's gotten a lot more attention which is what i would expect both because he has the better raw numbers (as you pointed out) and because he is the shiny new thing, and the media always hypes the shiny new thing. i felt like people have grown tired of CP's antics the last few years and he's been somewhat underrated as a result (his contract plays a role in that as well). i can't stand him myself.

but i was at the OKC game when i was home over the holidays and there was absolutely no question who was in control of that game, even as shai tied a career high in it. advanced stats favor paul also.

both are miles more deserving than morant i think.

Comment

• SGA has been really impressive for a rookie but Paul's impact numbers are awesome, he's the engine of that team and if they get one all star he should be it.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        So slowly but surely the band is getting back together. Marc Gasol looks like he plays in OKC. Pascal and Norm were back for that fumble vs the Spurs. Getting the rust off might take a couple weeks. The lone starter left in the trainers room is Freddy with no timeline for a return.

This group when they are all back with bench support they built when the starters were hurt looks pretty good.

But To this observer on his couch they need something. They need an iso scorer at the 3 to get something up when the play bungs up or it’s late in the clock and when the game turns into a half court game in the playoffs.

So..does Ujiri and Webster do ?

Make some kind of a move for TJ Warren or Rodney Hood type at a low cost; go bigger and try to get a guy like Bogdonovic from Sacto, Gallo from OKC or simply let it play out with what they have. If the Raps with the return of the walking wounded peel off a good run of say 9 and 2 to the end of the month and are in 3rd.....I think Ujiri makes a move.
        I see a relatively minor move coming. Masai can't do nothing and if they get bounced in the first or second round, he'd be rightly criticized. If he does a minor move and they get bounced in the first or second round, he just says we did what we could with what was being offered and not getting our futures and gets off pretty much scot free.

I also don't see him as having the stomach to move one of Kyle, Serge or Marc even if he should.

Relatively minor move incoming imo

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          The Knicks really got fucked in the lottery last year lol. They didn't just miss out on Zion but also on Morant who is looking like a franchise type of PG.
          RJ Barrett has still had a good rookie season, and looks like a building block. I'd be more worried about the years they took Nitkilina over Donovan Mitchell, or Kevin Knox over Shia Gilgeous Alexander...btw it was you hollering about Knox being the can't miss pick of the draft, waddn't it?
          Last edited by KeonClark; Wed Jan 15, 2020, 12:55 PM.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            SGA has been really impressive for a rookie but Paul's impact numbers are awesome, he's the engine of that team and if they get one all star he should be it.
            You mean Ja? SGA is in his 2nd year and probably the MIP

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

RJ Barrett has still had a good rookie season, and looks like a building block. I'd be more worried about the years they took Nitkilina over Donovan Mitchell, or Kevin Knox over Shia Gilgeous Alexander...btw it was you hollering about Knox being the can't miss pick of the draft, waddn't it?
              No. Luka Doncic was my guy that year. Kept saying that he should go first overall even though Ayton was the consensus favorite to go 1st.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Er, I meant SGA but certainly shouldn't have called him a rookie.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Looks like Kyrie Irving is getting around to doing in Brooklyn what he did in Boston. Getting ready to whack half the team.
                  No mention of Jared Allen or Joe Harris.
                  I wonder if the Nets are experiencing buyers remorse. This was arguably a better team last year. Certainly more cohesive and easy to like. The Irving effect. Its real.

EDIT.... Here is Mr. Teambuilders stat llne last night that prompted his post game reflections.
                  14 points on 21 shots... minus 29 on the night....with 4 helpers...

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jan 16, 2020, 10:29 AM.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• I kind of feel bad for Kyrie. I don't think he's a bad guy or anything but he comes across as someone who's really not truly aware of what he's saying. He just threw half his team under the bus. Guys that were busting their ass when he was hurt. He's the new kid in town too.

I bet he never got into a fight at school for saying dumb sh!t. Or he may not have a sibling. A good punch in the face is usually what sets you straight in life.

Comment

• Kyrie is indeed a yahoo but to follow up on the danger of first round matchup mentioned a few posts ago, once we get the 2nd seed I still would be wary of the Nets. Kyrie finds a way somehow when it counts. Maybe we have to worry about the Laker-busting Magic (the breakout Fultz game or the Dwight revenge game?). Good problems to have

Comment

MIP shouldn't go to a sophomore, it's like an unwritten rule.

Comment

• Ingram should get MIP. I'd also throw in Bam and Dinwiddie in the mix.

Comment

• Did Ingram improve or just get more shots? His team still sucks. My MIP on 2nd thought is Doncic. Its a good story. They want him to do the MIP then the MVP like Giannis did. It's like in WWE when you win the intercontinental belt before the heavyweight title

Comment

Did Ingram improve or just get more shots? His team still sucks. My MIP on 2nd thought is Doncic. Its a good story. They want him to do the MIP then the MVP like Giannis did. It's like in WWE when you win the intercontinental belt before the heavyweight title
                              Whether he took more shots or not, won't matter to the media (who vote for the winner). Being an ex-Laker will definitely help his cred. Luka being a sophomore will hurt his chances. Giannis got his MIP in his 4th year.

If not Ingram than someone like Bam. They like giving it to guys that will or are all-stars but were never considered one when drafted.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Ingram should get MIP. I'd also throw in Bam and Dinwiddie in the mix.
                                Hard choice between Bam and Ingram....
                                My vote goes to Ingram as he has morphed into a top tier scoring SF...
                                Bam is not a guy you want to see on any given night... elite rebounding on the offensive glass ... tough tough defense ... he is developing a shot and he is 1B on the vote.. Its a tough call.
                                Its Dinwiddes 5th or 6th ? year in the league... Yes he is better .. but this is 2nd or 3rd year guys award .. to me anyway.
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X