Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Did Ingram improve or just get more shots? His team still sucks. My MIP on 2nd thought is Doncic. Its a good story. They want him to do the MIP then the MVP like Giannis did. It's like in WWE when you win the intercontinental belt before the heavyweight title
    Ingram improved his efficiency (ORTG 104 --> 113) at the same time as increasing his usage (23.2 -> 28.9). Those are both huge leaps and extremely hard to do at those upper echelon levels. Ingram is now a legit elite NBA scorer. He easily passes the "golden" rule criteria for elite scorers, with room to spare:

USG > 25%
    ORTG > 110
    MPG > 30

By contrast, Pascal has similar usage (29.4), but much worse efficiency (ORTG 113) --- shhhh... don't tell anybody before the all-star voting is complete. Ingram is the better scorer, but Spicy is obviously the better 2-way player.

Comment

• Of course they could NOT be, but the Nets with Kyrie and Durant could be scary good, certainly a chance to challenge for top spots in the East. I wouldn't count them out; Irving's gonna have a Batman again

Comment

• i'm fine with either bam or ingram for MIP.

a player with luka's pre-draft expectations (franchise cornerstone) should never win MIP in my opinion. what he's doing is remarkable but there's a certain caliber of prospect that are permanently ineligible, especially in year two.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
          Of course they could NOT be, but the Nets with Kyrie and Durant could be scary good, certainly a chance to challenge for top spots in the East. I wouldn't count them out; Irving's gonna have a Batman again
          One thing to consider though... Durant is coming back off an Achilles surgery and he is north of 30.
          There really isn't a lot of stories that I can think of that say success is guaranteed.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Lots of McCaw hate out there right now it seems... What does Nurse see in this guy is the over riding question.... Well stats say McCaw doesn't turn the ball over. In his 5 year career he averages 16 mins a game and turns it over less than once per game. Last nights prime time steal with the game really tight is something out of the ordinary but it is out of the ordinary. .

So if the team was scuffling to score perhaps its best to have a guy out there who doesn't cough it up like Micheal Carter Williams. With Freddy's return on the short term horizon (this weekend ?) McCaws role will most likely shrink from 24 plus minutes a game to 10 to 12 range.

Next 10 games are
            Home: Chicago, Altanta, Hinkies and the Whiz
            Road : Minny, Atlanta, Knicks, Spurs, Cleveland and Detroit

10 and 0 isn't out of the question and McCaw hate, like a politicians promise, will be yesterdays news. .

- TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Lots of McCaw hate out there right now it seems... What does Nurse see in this guy is the over riding question.... Well stats say McCaw doesn't turn the ball over. In his 5 year career he averages 16 mins a game and turns it over less than once per game. Last nights prime time steal with the game really tight is something out of the ordinary but it is out of the ordinary. .
              Patrick McCaw has a higher TOV% (how many of his used possessions are turnovers) than every player on the team except Stanley Johnson, that guy Masai signed to make the McCaw signing look better.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Cant believe that there are still people around finding an excuse for McCaws minutes, jesus.

Fortunately we are in the age of advanced metrics and a credible poster to point out how trash is trash.

So just say it for what it is. Get rid of that magic 8 ball ffs. Lol

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  Kyrie is indeed a yahoo but to follow up on the danger of first round matchup mentioned a few posts ago, once we get the 2nd seed I still would be wary of the Nets. Kyrie finds a way somehow when it counts. Maybe we have to worry about the Laker-busting Magic (the breakout Fultz game or the Dwight revenge game?). Good problems to have
                  Did it count last year when the Celtics got destroyed by the Bucks and Kyrie sucked out?

Comment

Lots of McCaw hate out there right now it seems... What does Nurse see in this guy is the over riding question.... Well stats say McCaw doesn't turn the ball over. In his 5 year career he averages 16 mins a game and turns it over less than once per game. Last nights prime time steal with the game really tight is something out of the ordinary but it is out of the ordinary. .

So if the team was scuffling to score perhaps its best to have a guy out there who doesn't cough it up like Micheal Carter Williams. With Freddy's return on the short term horizon (this weekend ?) McCaws role will most likely shrink from 24 plus minutes a game to 10 to 12 range.

Next 10 games are
                    Home: Chicago, Altanta, Hinkies and the Whiz
                    Road : Minny, Atlanta, Knicks, Spurs, Cleveland and Detroit

10 and 0 isn't out of the question and McCaw hate, like a politicians promise, will be yesterdays news. .
                    The saying goes,"If you don't make mistakes, you don't make anything".If you try to do something, you will likely make mistakes.; The only way to make no mistakes is to avoid trying to do anything. Which is the reason why McCaw turnovers are low in the past. The eye test really shows he really is passive; doesn't fight for rebounds,cuts very rarely(should really do that more to be honest) and his passing are usually bad. Another thing he does that annoys me is he always gambles and tries to steal the ball, but majority of the time he misses and is out of position defensively and the team is in scramble mode.

Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post

The saying goes,"If you don't make mistakes, you don't make anything".If you try to do something, you will likely make mistakes.; The only way to make no mistakes is to avoid trying to do anything. Which is the reason why McCaw turnovers are low in the past. The eye test really shows he really is passive; doesn't fight for rebounds,cuts very rarely(should really do that more to be honest) and his passing are usually bad. Another thing he does that annoys me is he always gambles and tries to steal the ball, but majority of the time he misses and is out of position defensively and the team is in scramble mode.

Thank you for following the posts by Dan re: advanced stats of McCaw with your eye test take

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Did Ingram improve or just get more shots? His team still sucks. My MIP on 2nd thought is Doncic. Its a good story. They want him to do the MIP then the MVP like Giannis did. It's like in WWE when you win the intercontinental belt before the heavyweight title
                        Ingram legit sucked for a very long time, and suddenly he’s an incredible scorer with a well rounded offensive game while also being a very capable defender. I’d say he’s vastly improved. It helps that he’s gotten more shots though.

Comment

One thing to consider though... Durant is coming back off an Achilles surgery and he is north of 30.
                          There really isn't a lot of stories that I can think of that say success is guaranteed.
                          I agree but he's one of the top 3-5 players in the game. If anyone can come back from that, it's him and the Nets felt so sure that was the case, they were willing to sign him to not play for a year.......

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Patrick McCaw has a higher TOV% (how many of his used possessions are turnovers) than every player on the team except Stanley Johnson, that guy Masai signed to make the McCaw signing look better.
                            With advanced stats you could make yourself transgender with enough analytics behind it.
                            Counting ones... He plays 16 minutes on average in his career .. and HE turns it over less than once a night.
                            Plausible answer to why Nurse plays him so much....
                            Since no one here speaks to the coach directly we don't really know why he plays him. Advanced stats or not.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jan 16, 2020, 08:27 PM.
                            - TGO

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                              Cant believe that there are still people around finding an excuse for McCaws minutes, jesus.

Fortunately we are in the age of advanced metrics and a credible poster to point out how trash is trash.

So just say it for what it is. Get rid of that magic 8 ball ffs. Lol

Now that you ran Freddy outta town I have seen you're onto a new whipping boy....Same theme different guy.
                              McCaw isn't a solid rotational player.... but he has had to be for this team with all the injuries.

Its like the line from Moneyball.... He gets on base..... except for McCaw its he doesn't turn it over a lot.
                              - TGO

Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post

I see what your saying.... but consider this view for a minute. The Raps were struggling to score points. They went into droughts and while the defense was still good and kept them in most games they just weren't getting the production they needed with 3 or 4 of your best players on the shelf. So to compensate you have to make the most of every possession. One strategy might be to play a guy who doesn't turn the ball over and cut that variable out of play. You still gotta get points but at least your getting a crack at a basket (some good and some not so good) without turning it over.

Edit.. look the guy thats going to get the minutes as the team coalesces when Freddy gets back is Davis. He is the better younger long term prospect.
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jan 16, 2020, 08:30 PM.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X