Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    Damn, all the other East teams are winning today. Big game against the Sixers Wednesday, OG is gonna have to do a lot against Simmons

And how the hell are the Heat 7-0 in overtime? They’ve played 7 overtime games already?
    Yeah, they've won a lot of close games this season. Hard to believe it's sustainable....

Comment

• Put a fork in the James Harden Rockets, that team is not a contender.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Toronto and Milwaukee are the only good road teams in the East. A positive sign for Raptors fans.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Toronto and Milwaukee are the only good road teams in the East. A positive sign for Raptors fans.
          Another interesting data is the Raptors record against winning teams which is 6-12.
          23-2 vs. ailing teams.

although the injuries was a major factor.

So going forward, the major question is for Masai/ Webster before the deadline: Is this a Set group that can beat a playoff bound team in a 7 game series?

Or make a minor move to preserve the 2021 salary flexibility.

They can also make a significant move by acquiring another star player with the intention of pairing him with Pascal in preparation for 2021 free agency marketing strategy.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Another interesting data is the Raptors record against winning teams which is 6-12.
            23-2 vs. ailing teams.

So going forward, the major question is for Masai/ Webster before the deadline: Is this a Set group that can beat a playoff bound team in a 7 game series?

They can also make a significant move by acquiring another star player with the intention of pairing him with Pascal in preparation for 2021 free agency marketing strategy.
            Ah, that one's easy. Yes.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

23-2 vs. ailing teams.

More unsettling for me is that the Raptors are 2-7 against the top 5 ECF teams. Again injuries made a difference for sure, and we have a chance to improve on that tomorrow with a win.

It really is a strange year though because of all our injuries. If we had a full roster and were still 2-7 or 3-6 then I'd think changes would have to be made. The biggest test is how we fair against Milwaukee since they are the class of the East, but we don't play them again until way after the deadline.

Masai may stay pat. It's not a bad decision. Our top 7/8 guys can go toe to toe with anyone in the East. I don't think there are that many "stars" available though. So if he makes a move it will be a small one.

If there is one position we should upgrade I think Masai should consider backup point. I mean McCaw sucks, and there are so many better options out there. Ish Smith would be my target. Tomas Satoransky would be another. Guys that aren't scared of the ball.

Comment

Put a fork in the James Harden Rockets, that team is not a contender.
                They had 2 golden (pardon the pun) chances to beat the warriors, and they blew it. 2018, they were up 3-2 and choked. 2019, durant went down, and they lost the elimination game at home. It could have easily been a raptors rockets finals. But they whiffed. Now, the clippers, lakers and everyone else passed them and they're just another good team in the league.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The record against the top East teams may or may not mean anything. Keep in mind that they lost in overtime to Miami and gave one away early in the year to Boston on the road and another at Indy. The Sixers loss in Philly was basically a scheduling loss. Now, some of the losses were well-earned ones but you flip two games of those close games and they are 4-5.

Having said that, whereas last year I didn't really care about matchups (other than trying to get home court and avoid the Bucks) this year it seems to me that seeding is going to be material (i.e. finishing second is going to be far better than finishing third or fourth) and that isn't always the case.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    The record against the top East teams may or may not mean anything. Keep in mind that they lost in overtime to Miami and gave one away early in the year to Boston on the road and another at Indy. The Sixers loss in Philly was basically a scheduling loss. Now, some of the losses were well-earned ones but you flip two games of those close games and they are 4-5.

Having said that, whereas last year I didn't really care about matchups (other than trying to get home court and avoid the Bucks) this year it seems to me that seeding is going to be material (i.e. finishing second is going to be far better than finishing third or fourth) and that isn't always the case.
                    I don't know how you did it, but you managed for a moment to talk me into believing we actually have a good record against top east teams. Then I realized our record is poor against top west teams too. My hope is that this team is better built for the playoffs than for the regular season.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

They had 2 golden (pardon the pun) chances to beat the warriors, and they blew it. 2018, they were up 3-2 and choked. 2019, durant went down, and they lost the elimination game at home. It could have easily been a raptors rockets finals. But they whiffed. Now, the clippers, lakers and everyone else passed them and they're just another good team in the league.
                      Been saying it for years. Harden is a gimmick player and D'Antoni is a gimmick coach. They're trying to hack the system, but winning a championship is hard.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Been saying it for years. Harden is a gimmick player and D'Antoni is a gimmick coach. They're trying to hack the system, but winning a championship is hard.
                        Harden doesn’t need to be a gimmick player. He wasn’t his first year in Houston. Darryl Morrey got him his MVPs but at the expense of his chances to win.

Comment

Toronto and Milwaukee are the only good road teams in the East. A positive sign for Raptors fans.
                          I wish ESPN and all these networks would talk more about Giannis and the Bucks and all these other great teams today. All these clowns talk about is LeBron and the Lakers. You wonder why NBA ratings are down? The Celtics destroyed the Lakers last night and all these guys talked about today was 'what's wrong with the Lakers?' or what's wrong with LeBron.

Freakin Kyle Kuzma, who's an absolute SCRUB, gets more coverage than Giannis. Someone even mentioned that the Lakers should trade Kuzma to Phoenix for Booker. Lol. I wouldn't even trade OG for Kuzma and you know what I think of OG.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Jump yesterday talked about the Bucks, instead of talking about their season, the Bucks btw are on pace to win 70 this season, instead of talking about that, they talked about Giannis free agency which is TWO years from now.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I wish ESPN and all these networks would talk more about Giannis and the Bucks and all these other great teams today. All these clowns talk about is LeBron and the Lakers. You wonder why NBA ratings are down? The Celtics destroyed the Lakers last night and all these guys talked about today was 'what's wrong with the Lakers?' or what's wrong with LeBron.

Freakin Kyle Kuzma, who's an absolute SCRUB, gets more coverage than Giannis. Someone even mentioned that the Lakers should trade Kuzma to Phoenix for Booker. Lol. I wouldn't even trade OG for Kuzma and you know what I think of OG.
                              Yeah it's gross.. and it's not just an ESPN problem. If you have time, read this twitter thread:

Comment

• Another interesting stat is looking at road wins vs home losses. I think it was from Howard Beck on a Lowe post. Raps would be. The Raps would be 14-7 which is respectable. Incidentally, when I was looking at team stats, I noticed a little "1st in the Atlantic Division" by their name. Nostalgic. Haven't seen that for a while

Comment

Working...
                                X