Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post

"The Clippers are deep" is one of this season's inexplicable narratives. They have 6 good players. Then they've got Harkless/Zubac/Green who are fine but also nothing really special. Then they've got filler. I don't see great depth there, I see adequate depth.

I think the idea comes from Lou + Harrel coming off the bench, but they end up playing starter minutes. They've got a quirky rotation more than they've got depth.
    The problem is most of their talented pieces are one dimensional. lou will is a borderline all star, but a terrible defender. They've got specialty role players. Vs the raptors with underrated players like fvv, norm, siakam, and mccaw who are good on both sides of the ball, and good fitting into a role. Also Nurse >>>> Rivers
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post

You could apply their reasoning on why they think the Heat are ECF/Finals bound with all teams 2-6. What was annoying was they were making it sound that there is a big difference between the Heat and the next teams.... Heat are a game ahead of the Raptors and 1.5 ahead the Celtics. They also said the Heat are like one piece away... I mean, again that could be said about teams 2-6. This Heat team reminds me of the Raptors 2 years ago, the one that went 59-23 and was first, struggled in the first round against the bucks and got swept by the weakest version of a Lebron led Cavs. Media was talking how that year Lebron run in the finals was done.
      Not only that, but the Heat had a really good start to the season because Nunn and Herro were unknown variables at the time and caught other people off guard when they blew up.

Given a playoff series when coaches are preparing more detailed game plans, especially on the defensive side, I expect Miami to struggle, whether that means they lose the series or it goes the full 7 games with multiple overtimes. I mean, look at last night, that was their 8th overtime win (I think).

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

The problem is most of their talented pieces are one dimensional. lou will is a borderline all star, but a terrible defender. They've got specialty role players. Vs the raptors with underrated players like fvv, norm, siakam, and mccaw who are good on both sides of the ball, and good fitting into a role. Also Nurse >>>> Rivers
        I see what you did there.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Ya gotta love it!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Anyone who doesn't think that Raptor players "struggled" with the preferential treatment Kawhi was given last year in Toronto is fooling themselves. It's human nature and it's magnified in a competitive environment. Anyway, it will all be fine if they win a title. If they don't, it will all spill out into the open.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              Anyone who doesn't think that Raptor players "struggled" with the preferential treatment Kawhi was given last year in Toronto is fooling themselves. It's human nature and it's magnified in a competitive environment. Anyway, it will all be fine if they win a title. If they don't, it will all spill out into the open.
              Difference is - in Toronto, such rumblings might be found as a blurb on the backpages of the local paper/sports broadcaster. A reporter or two might ask some questions, get the standard "No, everything's fine" response from players, and move on. Los Angeles? Likely a WAY different approach

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Difference is - in Toronto, such rumblings might be found as a blurb on the backpages of the local paper/sports broadcaster. A reporter or two might ask some questions, get the standard "No, everything's fine" response from players, and move on. Los Angeles? Likely a WAY different approach
                Just like we might not be hearing much about Pascal and Freddy not being so tight with Lowry until .... we do
                Bookmark this.

Comment

• You hate to see it
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I don't follow the standings at all, other than noting casual references in comments posters make. I was surprised at the lead the Bucks have on everyone else. I can't see the Raptors making up that much ground. However...injuries. The Raptors have 38 more games to play, the Bucks have 37. Can the Raptors make up the difference? Long odds, but then, losing so many days to injury and staying two games back of last years pace was incredibly long odds as well.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      I don't follow the standings at all, other than noting casual references in comments posters make. I was surprised at the lead the Bucks have on everyone else. I can't see the Raptors making up that much ground. However...injuries. The Raptors have 38 more games to play, the Bucks have 37. Can the Raptors make up the difference? Long odds, but then, losing so many days to injury and staying two games back of last years pace was incredibly long odds as well.
                      Not a chance the Raps make up that difference unless the Buck run into their own injury troubles. Raps should be gunning for 2nd in the East and feel awfully good about themselves if they can pull that off.

Lots of major injuries around the NBA these days and if lebron/PG/Kawhi/Davis goes down, even the chip is up for grabs out of the west. Nothing I'd like more than to see neither LA team win it .... except the Raps win it of course

Comment

• Yeah, the 1 seed should be a walk for Milwaukee at this point. The 2 seed is the race of import, and the Raptors have a real chance to establish themselves in that spot over the next stretch of schedule if they execute.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Ya no ones catching the bucks and that okay. Another year of Milwuakke being the clear number 1 team in the east and failing to make the finals will be enough for Giannis to start questioning if that team can ever get over the top.
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Order of preference:

2 seed
                            3 seed
                            6 seed
                            4 seed
                            5 seed

The top 3 choices give us a clear path to the conference finals with hopefully the same Giannis game plan, except instead of Kawhi funneling to Marc, its OG
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, the 1 seed should be a walk for Milwaukee at this point. The 2 seed is the race of import, and the Raptors have a real chance to establish themselves in that spot over the next stretch of schedule if they execute.
                              Speaking of 'walking'. Aren't the Sixers supposed to 'walk to the finals' this year? Per James Ennis:

Comment

• Who is James Ennis?

Comment

Working...
                                X