No announcement yet.

Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd in the East and 3rd overall right now, hard to believe. Where would they be without all the injuries?
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      2nd in the East and 3rd overall right now, hard to believe. Where would they be without all the injuries?
      Same spot. There were maybe 2 or 3 games that the Raptors dropped that a fully healthy team would've won instead of lost.

not nearly enough to catch the Bucks, and still would be behind the Lakers

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Same spot. There were maybe 2 or 3 games that the Raptors dropped that a fully healthy team would've won instead of lost.

not nearly enough to catch the Bucks, and still would be behind the Lakers
        There were also 2-3 games we punted ‘developing’ McCaw.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

There were also 2-3 games we punted ‘developing’ McCaw.
          Just wait till McCaw "arrives" its all going to be worth it. I heard he has been working on doing cuts and passing the ball from the point to the wing while he was out. It will be nice to see him come back with some new aspects to his game
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Well after last nights schooling of one of the members of the junior varisity in the East the Raps are now at 8 wins and counting.
            One of the teams they will see before the softer run of the scehdule ends with a back to back with the hopefully Olipido'ed Pacers are the Chicago Bulls.

The young Bulls are scuffling along but are faced with an interesting choice as the trade deadline creeps closer. Make a move or stand pat.

Their competition is the now deflated NY Nets thanks to Kyries mid season dump on his teammates and the can't score a lick Orlando Magic. They are only 3 games back in the loss column to the Magic and 4 to the Nets for the 8th and final playoff slot where they will most likely get crushed and powdered by the Bucks. Yet is it time for the Bulls to make a move to get their young core the much needed experience of being in the playoffs and having something to be happy about ?. You can only tank so long before your players get used to losing and the fan base finds somewhere else to spend their money and emotional attachment to a sports team. The Bulls have a good front court with Markaanen and Carter Jr. and the PG of the future who is ahead of schedule in Coby White.

The Bulls have all their firsts, an extra 2 seconds this year and they have a couple of vets on filler type contracts (Thad Young and the ex PG of the future in Kris Dunn) They also have Demar stopper Otto Porter on the shelf (he has been there since November) who should be back before April. Adding another veteran in the backcourt (a George Hill type) or at the 5 (an Aaron Baynes type) with the addition of Porter might be enough to get to the post season.

If your GarPax... do you do the full Phoenix Suns and stand pat and draft in the lottery yet again..... or do you make a move to get into the show ?
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jan 29, 2020, 11:49 AM.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Nah, the Bulls are awful. Boylen is arguably the worst head coach in the league. Markkanen has taken a step back and is now out for at least a month and quite possibly the season with a "pelvic stress reaction" (whatever the fuck that is). Carter is still out injured as well. There is no timetable for Porter to return as he isn't even cleared to practice.
              They are 1-18 against teams over .500.

Their next six games leading into the all-star break are: Pacers, Nets, Raps, Pelicans, 76ers, Wizards, so, they could very easily be 1-5 in that stretch. If anything, Bulls are sellers, though, I expect them to use the injury excuse, say the kids are alright and run it back next season. Could see them moving Young as there should be buyers.

EDIT: The fans there are already fed up. Just look at how empty that arena is on most nights.
              Last edited by slaw; Wed Jan 29, 2020, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                It just started to cross my mind earlier today.. Theres no way that anyone but the Lakers wins the championship this year, is there?
                I think the Clippers are going to be too much for any team to handle, if they are healthy come playoff time. But health is a fragile thing with the Clippers...

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I think the Clippers are going to be too much for any team to handle, if they are healthy come playoff time. But health is a fragile thing with the Clippers...
                  Yep, West will come down to Clippers vs Lakers and who is healthiest. If both are fully healthy, I'd give the edge to the Lakers.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Yep, West will come down to Clippers vs Lakers and who is healthiest. If both are fully healthy, I'd give the edge to the Lakers.
                    They've got "do it for Kobe" as the rallying cry too, that can be a very terrifying thing for everyone else
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Its one week to the trade deadline. The uncertainty over next years cap number post the great china fubar by the nba this past fall may put the brakes on some longer term contracts being moved around.

Players looking or needing new homes but with bigger money and bigger term are Kevin Love (3 YRS), Andre Drummond (1+1YR PO). Jrue Holiday has two years to go at 25M a pop, Blake Griffin is hurt and has a Chris Paul like deal at 35M and two years to go. Brandon Ingram will be an RFA and with boodles of cap room unlikely to get past the match option in New Orleans. Chris Paul and Steven Adams are currently in the picture but with OKC's recent run to firmly put themselves in the playoff picture in the west OKC may choose to hang on to them and if they win a round they will have gone further than where Russell and Paul George took them. There are proably countless other depth guys who can be had but who in all likelihood don't move the needle.

So the Raps competition is the Heat, Chowders, Hinkies and Pacers as the trade deadline approaches. Its unlikely the BUcks who are kicking ass and taking names will do all that much.
                      So whose looking out of the Heat, Hinkies, Chowders and Pacers ?
                      Well all of them as well as us. Its what you do when your thinking you have a decent shot at the conference finals and a chance to play for it all. .

Philly has an odd mixture of high end talent that doesn't quite mesh. Korkmaz is coming around but they need more shooting. Not sure how confident they are in Josh Richardson as a high pressure ballhandler in the backcourt in a live or die playoff halfcourt game. They will likely weight the cost on Rose as insurance or Brand may swing for the fences and realign his teams makeup by giving up a starter for Holiday in NO. He may not go as big and do a back to the future and look at Marco Bellanelli from the Spurs. The Hinkes have draft picks and younger players. Despite the bluster from the TNT guys Philly isn't the defacto pick to overthrow the Bulls as constructed because they very likely won't get out the second round as constructed. I Brand does something. We find out how big a splash he makes in seven days or less. .

The Chowders are stacked to the tits on the wing and in the backcourt. They could use a playoff type big in the middle. Cauley-Stien just went cheap to Dallas. Whose out there ? Adams would be a serious get but at a bigger price. Bringing back Aaron Baynes for something helps but looks goofy less than year after lettting him go for nothing.. Ainge who just tries to crush every deal he engages in which leads to deals that don't close. Couple that with the residue he is still wearing from his Isiah Thomas trade to the Cavs might find dance partners hard to come by. Danny still may once again do nothing. Or he may throw it all in and go after Adams in OKC. He has some 1st this year. Bostons own which will be mid 20s, Milwaukees which will be the 30th overall and Memphis's which might be non lottery. Stephen Adams would be a serious get and a scphinter tightener for everyone in the East. But its going to cost. And Ainge is legendarily cheap. Lets hope Ainge waits it out at the deadline. . .

The Heat for all the talk about adding that missing player is pretty close to a wet dream of the NBA MSM. The Heat for starters are hard capped. Every dollar in must be matched or exceeded with dollars out. They have no draft picks for essentially the next 5 years. There isn't a lineup for the contracts of Dion Waiters, James Johnson or Kelly Olynk unless there is a draft picked stapled to their chests which the Heat doesn't have. Goran Dragic is an expiring at 20M but they Heat would have to put up a pretty good player out of a pool of Nunn, Herro, Adebyo or Winslow if they are looking at a Holiday or a Gallo. Pat Reilly and his get it done persona still can't fight math. Its hard to see the Heat landing that impact player at the deadline without giving up a player or two that they don't want to move.

The Pacers have some options. They are getting an all NBA talent back at SG with VIctor Thingamajig Olidipo slated to return within days. They don't have any picks this year in the first or second rounds but have their first in 2021, They also have serious depth at C with both Myles Turner and Domantas Sabonis on manageable 20M deals for 3 more years. I think they do nothing and go with the upside that Olidpo brings.

7 days or less.... Adams to Boston scares the shit out of me. .
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Philly is the most likely to try and do something Elton has been managing this team like he's playing 2K

Boston i think would most likely want a Big, but anyone worth getting they would have to deal Smart or Hayward. Gordo could be moved but i don't see them selling on him yet.

Miami almost certainly does nothing. They're already playing with house money and those guys on big contract on ppl no one wants. Might as well wait till they get a big chunk of cap open this summer

Indy-Oladipo is there trade deadline acquisition. And that's pretty scary the;y have been awesome with sabonis and brogdon leading the way and have 3rd scorer in Warren. Adding oladipo back make these guys playoff rotation deadly.

I think bucks may be the one who actually try to do something, they know if they don't make the finals this year its the beginning of the end for giannis in wisconsin.

Comment

• So, who's winning this poll anyway?

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            Philly is the most likely to try and do something Elton has been managing this team like he's playing 2K

Boston i think would most likely want a Big, but anyone worth getting they would have to deal Smart or Hayward. Gordo could be moved but i don't see them selling on him yet.

Miami almost certainly does nothing. They're already playing with house money and those guys on big contract on ppl no one wants. Might as well wait till they get a big chunk of cap open this summer

Indy-Oladipo is there trade deadline acquisition. And that's pretty scary the;y have been awesome with sabonis and brogdon leading the way and have 3rd scorer in Warren. Adding oladipo back make these guys playoff rotation deadly.

I think bucks may be the one who actually try to do something, they know if they don't make the finals this year its the beginning of the end for giannis in wisconsin.
                            Philly does something, maybe a bit bigger than you think, I can almost guarantee it

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Philly does something, maybe a bit bigger than you think, I can almost guarantee it
                              I believe they will do. Elton brand doesn't give a fuck, he manages like a video game a said. Just throws guys into a trade machine and take what he can get back. If philly doesn't make it out of the 2nd round this year him and brett browns heads are on the chopping block

Comment

• Philly's big move would be trading one of Ben or Joel and I don't think he will. So outside of that any move they make will be a lateral one. They should swap Horford for a PG. The two center thing is kind of dumb. But who's taking on Horford's salary? And what kind of PG with a big enough contract is available? Conley for Horford? Why does Utah need Al though?

Philly may make a move but it will be to just strengthen their bench.. which won't really move the dial. Losing Jimmy was a big loss. He is what made that team dangerous last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X