Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    question... do we want philly to win today... or boston... personally i'd rather boston win... it would solidify the heat in that 4/5 match up.. .and it looks like it will begin solidifying a solid second round match up of us VS boston.
    Boston is the Raptors' biggest threat to the 2nd seed, based on SRS - we want them to lose. They have a roster and coach that will get them through the regular season with maximum wins. The Sixers are more of a threat in the playoffs, but they run hot and cold in the regular season and always have injuries.

Comment

• ESPN comparing Tatum's game to Kobe there's literally zero similarities between the two. Tatum is more of a poor man's Paul Pierce.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Ya 6.5 is a pretty big cushion but don't think 1st is completely out of the realm of possibility. We still have 3 games head to head (2 in T.O) a sweep can make up 3 games. They still have to play the 6ers 3 times, celtics pacers and heat twice. Then still have laker, nuggest, rockets mavs as tough western confrence games. Dont think they are going to win at the same pace after the all-star break.
        Read an article a week or so ago about the Buck's principle owner talking with MJ about how he wants his team to pursue the regular season record (73 - 9). He said MJ advised not to focus on the regular season stuff. The owner thought why not go for both the regular season AND play-off championships...To me, this kinda stuff an owner can think about but you should NEVER say publicly to a reporter. Ya Mr. Bucks owner push your team go all out for that regular season record, no load management for you guys!

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
          question... do we want philly to win today... or boston... personally i'd rather boston win... it would solidify the heat in that 4/5 match up.. .and it looks like it will begin solidifying a solid second round match up of us VS boston.
          I'll vote for Philly to win - after 8 OTs

Comment

• Noticed today the Bucks are 11-0 vs division, where they've got 1 playoff opponent and 3 lottery teams. Raps are 7-3 in a division with 3 playoff opponents and 1 lottery team.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Pacers fall to the Knicks. Oladipo shot 2 for 14

Comment

• So Philly is a .500 team over the past month and a half and is currently getting smoked in Boston.

​​​​I hope they implode.

#FtheProcess
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• God 76ers suck, their offense is so anemic

Comment

• Tacko makes an appearance and gets a bucket in C's blowout of 76ers

Comment

• Philly never got closer than 9 - 10 pts and C's had no Kemba. Brown is a helluva player when they let him get to the cup!

Comment

• Oh and OG has a new commercial with Bell. He is practicing his lines on the court.

Comment

• Dame is on a tear
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Lots of pressure in Philly right now....If you go waaaay back in this thread there was a lot of discussion around Philly being different from last years team. Not necessarily better but different. Well one out of two as Philly limps into the AS break.

They don't have much in the way of outside shooting and the pairing of Simmons and Embiid still hasn't hit any kind of a sweet spot. Last year they had no one to come in off the bench to play for Embiid when the easily winded King of Cardio was subbed out and generally had a negative point differential as he sat. They fixed that by adding Al Horford for that role. At 100M$ thats a pretty high end backup. They of course play him more but its still an odd fit with Simmons Horford and Embiid at the same time.

There is still time for them to right the ship but so far it hasn't worked out the way the Hinkies had hoped it would.

Tough times in Hinkie-land right now. If they are still in 6th by March 1 I expect they stay there.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Kyrie out at least a week with a sprained knee.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                                Kyrie out at least a week with a sprained knee.
                                "They called me Mr.Glass"
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X