Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post

looking forward to this game. if his numbers keep improving with increased playing time/experience and they knock memphis out of the playoffs, could he win ROY? i think i would vote for him under that scenario, were i a voter
    Think its too late for him. Brogdon winning over embiid set a precedent for prefering full season to part time dominant play. Think Ja gets it regardless
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Even if he ends up playing 35 games for the year (he's played 12 so far, and have about 25 left)? I don't think he should qualify IMO. Plus the Pelicans have a lot more talent around Zion than Ja has around him. Jru/Favors/Redick are better vets than JV and Crowder (who is now gone). Plus Ingram made the all-star game and could be an MIP candidate.

So just making the playoffs shouldn't be a factor at all. Now if he goes on and averages like a 30/10/10 in those 35 games then that might do it.
      bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Think its too late for him. Brogdon winning over embiid set a precedent for prefering full season to part time dominant play. Think Ja gets it regardless
      in general i agree with these thoughts but in the case of someone who's likely to become a generational superstar/all-timer i think it'll look pretty fucking dumb looking back on things. i acknowledge it's probably not fair to vote based on a projection of superstardom rather than the actual body of work but that's one of the reasons i don't have a vote. that and i'm a nobody on a messageboard, but still

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

in general i agree with these thoughts but in the case of someone who's likely to become a generational superstar/all-timer i think it'll look pretty fucking dumb looking back on things. i acknowledge it's probably not fair to vote based on a projection of superstardom rather than the actual body of work but that's one of the reasons i don't have a vote. that and i'm a nobody on a messageboard, but still
        You have to give it to Morant. It'd be one thing if there was no other good rookies, then yeah go Zion, but this kid is averaging almost 18 and 7 efficiently, on a playoff team in the brutal west.

Now, the only way I could consider reconsidering, is if the Griz miss the playoffs and the Pels get in, which is looking mighty possible now, as they are only 3 games back and streaking.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

You have to give it to Morant. It'd be one thing if there was no other good rookies, then yeah go Zion, but this kid is averaging almost 18 and 7 efficiently, on a playoff team in the brutal west.

Now, the only way I could consider reconsidering, is if the Griz miss the playoffs and the Pels get in, which is looking mighty possible now, as they are only 3 games back and streaking.
          well the bold was the basis for how i framed the question. keeping in mind that one might become an all time player while the other might just be looking at a pretty nice career. also i'd say the grizz missing the playoffs is pretty highly likely given their schedule, though there are multiple teams that could grab that spot and not just NO.

i just think when it comes to guys that have generational potential it might seem sorta stupid later in retrospect to have not awarded it to them due to the sample size, especially when the guy in question has clearly been better and more impactful in the limited games they did play.

Comment

• Zion vs lebron, watching all the old video from lebron's rookie year,m the dude was so skinny (comparatively to today at least)
            Can you mask HGH for that many years?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              Zion vs lebron, watching all the old video from lebron's rookie year,m the dude was so skinny (comparatively to today at least)
              Can you mask HGH for that many years?
              Lebron does roids now. So do Giannis, Westbrook and many others. Their fucking heads have grown. Not sure how everyone doesnt see this
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• 2nd.

...may we somehow move up a notch in the postseason.

Comment

Lebron does roids now. So do Giannis, Westbrook and many others. Their fucking heads have grown. Not sure how everyone doesnt see this
                  Collins and Ayton tried it this summer but didn't get the cycles right to be clear in time for early season testing. They gotta go to the old head next time to figure out the timing
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

All sports are the same. From football, to tennis, to baseball, basketball, etc. Everyone has a vested interest in not seeing.

Comment

• TBH, I'm not so focussed on the 2 seed anymore. Now, that might be denial as we're now just 1 1/2 games up on the third seed. But I'm not feeling much of a difference between playing the Pacers vs playing the Nets and we would still wind up with Boston (without home court). At least not enough to get angsty about the 2nd seed. Unless the Sixers or Heat fall to the 6th seed. We'll see.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        TBH, I'm not so focussed on the 2 seed anymore. Now, that might be denial as we're now just 1 1/2 games up on the third seed. But I'm not feeling much of a difference between playing the Pacers vs playing the Nets and we would still wind up with Boston (without home court). At least not enough to get angsty about the 2nd seed. Unless the Sixers or Heat fall to the 6th seed. We'll see.
                        The #2 seed is important for home court in the second round. Much easier winning at home in the playoffs especially for a team like Toronto that is going to need its role players to play well to win and those guys almost always play better at home.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

The #2 seed is important for home court in the second round. Much easier winning at home in the playoffs especially for a team like Toronto that is going to need its role players to play well to win and those guys almost always play better at home.
                          A couple of teams like Philly for instance are virtually unbeatable at home (27-2 is astonishing). In a 7 game series, you want to make sure the final game is in your barn. Celtics are 23-5 and Heat 23-3. Any of those three are going to be tough on their home court in 7.

Comment

• Embiid just left the game with a shoulder sprain. Simmons is out for at least 2 weeks. If Embiid misses time Philly could fall to 6. In my view sticking with the 2 seed is important would rather not have Philly in first round.

Comment

• Break up the Cavs!

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                                Embiid just left the game with a shoulder sprain. Simmons is out for at least 2 weeks. If Embiid misses time Philly could fall to 6. In my view sticking with the 2 seed is important would rather not have Philly in first round.
                                I should have put a few more caveats in my original post. It was based only on the nets and the pacers being in the mix for the sixth seed and only facing Boston in the second round. That's some cherry picking there I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X