Where Do The Raptors Rank In The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonny wrote: View Post
    Are we sure there's even going to be playoffs this year? or are we even sure the regular season will continue? a bunch of soccer and hockey leagues in Europe have already been cancelled because of coronavirus.
    The number of cases in Europe are a lot higher. Italy is the country with the second highest number of cases after China. Unless there's a major spike here in North America I don't see that happening.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Would be a really bad move for him to come back early. Look what happened to Cousins. Even with KD they arn't going to win a title might as well wait things out
      Plus Kyrie consulted with Durant on any possible comeback before he magically gut hurt lol

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

The number of cases in Europe are a lot higher. Italy is the country with the second highest number of cases after China. Unless there's a major spike here in North America I don't see that happening.
        There will be a major spike, it's gonna spread quickly. It will make it's way everywhere. We aren't prepared, neither is the US.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

There will be a major spike, it's gonna spread quickly. It will make it's way everywhere. We aren't prepared, neither is the US.
          Yep, this thing is exposing how woefully underprepared all Western governments in Europe and North America are for real problems and how dependent we are on places like China for our supply chains. I winder if any lessons will be learned or if the people who have left us exposed will suffer any consequences?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Yep, this thing is exposing how woefully underprepared all Western governments in Europe and North America are for real problems and how dependent we are on places like China for our supply chains. I winder if any lessons will be learned or if the people who have left us exposed will suffer any consequences?
            It's also a price Western society pays for freedom of movement. China's ability to get things under control has been impressive, but do you think people here would accept some of the draconian measures that were put in place there?

The number of cases in Toronto is exponentially smaller than I would have predicted, given the tight connection with China. Perhaps we did learn something from SARS. That said, Covid-19 is a different beast, because it's new and apparently can go un-detected for something like 20-30 days. That's pretty bad. The bug itself is changing and we're still learning about it, so I find myself uncharacteristically not jumping to blame governments right away.

Comment

• Oh, there isn’t much the government can do to stop it until they get a vaccine. The lack of preparedness goes more to the fact that we are so dependent on China for drugs, etc. We are going to see lots more cases in Canada. This is just beginning. As for China, wait until they all start going back to normal. It will come back again.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                Oh, there isn’t much the government can do to stop it until they get a vaccine. The lack of preparedness goes more to the fact that we are so dependent on China for drugs, etc. We are going to see lots more cases in Canada. This is just beginning. As for China, wait until they all start going back to normal. It will come back again.
                And a vaccine does nothing for people who have been exposed already or who have contracted the virus. Best estimate for a vaccine ready for mass inoculation is fall of 2021, following proper human testing etc .... spring 2021 at the very earliest.

Comment

• WHO has officially declared COVID-19 as a pandemic.

NBA may have to cancel games. Not sure what's going to happen but I'm sure it'll happen real soon.

Last edited by planetmars; Wed Mar 11, 2020, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    WHO has officially declared COVID-19 as a pandemic.

NBA may have to cancel games. Not sure what's going to happen but I'm sure it'll happen real soon.

I'm sure some empty arenas at least. Not sure they'll need to cancel the games entirely, you're self-quarantining at that point if a couple dozen players and various support and TV media staff can't be in a massive arena at the same time. I'm not saying this lightly but it's not Ebola.

I don't see long term how there's any option other than for it to work its way through the entire population? Won't it just be around in the future like influenza? I mean one country could (unlikely) have a super effective response over the next 6 months, quarantine care homes, shut down public events, work from home, close schools, etc. etc. Then 9 or 12 or 24 months from now some guy who took a business trip to some other place where the bug's still active would come back and you'd start all over again.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I'd be surprised if they play games next week. Hell, I'd be surprised if the Raptors play this weekend.

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/sta...88385806188544

Comment

• The Warriors play in San Francisco tomorrow night btw.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I'm sure some empty arenas at least. Not sure they'll need to cancel the games entirely, you're self-quarantining at that point if a couple dozen players and various support and TV media staff can't be in a massive arena at the same time. I'm not saying this lightly but it's not Ebola.

I don't see long term how there's any option other than for it to work its way through the entire population? Won't it just be around in the future like influenza? I mean one country could (unlikely) have a super effective response over the next 6 months, quarantine care homes, shut down public events, work from home, close schools, etc. etc. Then 9 or 12 or 24 months from now some guy who took a business trip to some other place where the bug's still active would come back and you'd start all over again.
                          From what I'm reading the concern is that they are worried the virus might mutate into something that is far more dangerous. But yes, you are right. Not sure how they can avoid it from spreading again in a year or two.. but by then we might have a vaccine at least.

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
                            I'd be surprised if they play games next week. Hell, I'd be surprised if the Raptors play this weekend.

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/sta...88385806188544
                            Massachusetts declared a state of emergency - they have over 1000 people quarantined. So I could see Boston not letting people go to their games either.

Comment

• So they will play the games, without any fans.. interesting

Comment

• I bought 96 rolls of toilet paper yesterday....

Comment

Working...
                                X