Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

So they will play the games, without any fans.. interesting
    My question is, how long are they going to continue to play without fans in their arena? 1 week? 2 weeks? 2 months? imagine a playoff game or a Finals game without fans?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• People who are more informed about the situation are saying this is just getting started. I know the Chinese Basketball League suspended all game operations 2 months ago and they still haven't resumed playing.

Comment

• I imagine we're going to see a lot more shutdowns coming in North America...basically every sports league might be postponed/suspended at some point soon
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Now that there is FUNNY. Draymond's not going to win that particular pissing contest.

Ever since Chuck raced that old bald ref and kissed his head after going ass over teakettle, he's all right with me lol

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
            I imagine we're going to see a lot more shutdowns coming in North America...basically every sports league might be postponed/suspended at some point soon
            So if the NBA cancelled this season, we're still the defending champs going into next season.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Curious to see what the NBA/NHL do. On one hand, expensive to run games and refund tickets. Then again, even more expensive to start talking about handing back revenue via the national and local TV deals if they fully cancel games. And really difficult to postpone games, especially if the end date of the postponement is unknown.

As for the COVID stuff in general, the key will be slowing the spread. The slower the spread of the disease, the better able our hospitals and medical system in general are equipped to deal with the peak number of people sick at the same time. It does also buy time for a vaccine, but that's a long ways off, and resource availability for treating people who suffer extreme symptoms is the bigger factor.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Great Tim and Sid clip about the raptors

Comment

I imagine we're going to see a lot more shutdowns coming in North America...basically every sports league might be postponed/suspended at some point soon
                  China is already planning on starting up ball again. They are telling players who left to come back as the season is going to start soon. T.V deals will make it really hard for NBA to cancel games. Maybe just couple weeks of no fans then returning, i would see it very unlikely that seasons get cancelled. Lebron already came out and said he wont play if theirs no fans. I highly doubt he sticks to that.
                  San Fran is ground zero they have that cruise ship there and lots of people who would have came from Asia.Lets see if anyone else follows suit. California or east coast citys would probably be the first. I dunno how much middle America is going to be effected.
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

China is already planning on starting up ball again. They are telling players who left to come back as the season is going to start soon. T.V deals will make it really hard for NBA to cancel games. Maybe just couple weeks of no fans then returning, i would see it very unlikely that seasons get cancelled. Lebron already came out and said he wont play if theirs no fans. I highly doubt he sticks to that.
                    San Fran is ground zero they have that cruise ship there and lots of people who would have came from Asia.Lets see if anyone else follows suit. California or east coast citys would probably be the first. I dunno how much middle America is going to be effected.
                    Everywhere is going to be affected, the key is how much. Italy is on lockdown, but there are still some places in Europe that seem to be doing not a ton more than we are in North America. People coming here from Europe are as much of a risk at this point as those coming from Asia

Comment

• It's starting in full force

Comment

It's starting in full force
                        Wow..

March Madness indeed.

Comment

So March Madness will be just another Hawks game. NBD.

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

This shit is getting serious man. Scary.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Awesome interview.. and really helps confirm how awesome Masai and Nurse are. If Jimmy was a Raptor I think he would have loved it here. Wish we had a chance to nab him before Philly did.

And if the 76ers don't fire Brown this summer they are idiots.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

==Source: Worldometer==

As of the time I write this, this is the number of fatalities in 2020, out of the 7.7+ billion people in the world:

Coronavirus: 4,614
                                Malaria: 189,865
                                Traffic accidents: 261,294
                                Alcohol as cause: 484,132
                                Smoking as cause: 967,660
                                Seasonal ordinary flu: 94,056

I know things can of course change, but with my deepest respects to the people that lost a loved one to covid-19, for me personally, the media/society reaction to this has been far scarier than the virus itself
                                Last edited by inthepaint; Wed Mar 11, 2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X