Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To whom it may concern:

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Nows a great time to settle some of the age old RR debates once and for all. Some of the more contorversial one i can think of.
    Where does Vince rank? Poster boy, thanks for the dunk contest and the hype train.
    Should his # be retired and if so does it get retired 1st? Meh, I could go either way. He had huge off-court impact but a 2nd round playoff peak really ain't it.
    Will Masai leave? It's only a matter of time, this guy is too good and too big picture to spend 15 years in the same role at MLSE. I miss him already.
    Was vince or the organization more at fault? The organization was a disaster but Vince handled it poorly. He could have left with dignity.
    How good would we have been in Tmac stayed? Lob City North. Tons of talent but underwhelming outcomes. I'm not sure Vince + T-Mac have "it" as a pairing.
    Is Bosh a HOFer? Probably eventually. High production and rings, good consistency.
    Should J.V get a ring? My only regret of the 2018/19 season. JV should have a ring.
    Why did casey start Handsbrough in a playoff game to guard paul pierce? Who is this casey of which you speak, I have no recollection. There only is and only ever was Nick Nurse, Coach God.
    How good is McCaw? Patrick McCaw is the blessed son of Nick Nurse, Coach God.
    Jokic vs Embiid? They both have all the talent in the world but not quite the right stuff. They're the next generation Anthony Davis. The torch is passing from Lebron > Curry/Durant > Giannis. Jokic/Embiid/Davis are the also-rans.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Tank or No Tank?

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Nows a great time to settle some of the age old RR debates once and for all. Some of the more contorversial one i can think of.
        Where does Vince rank? Lowry, Kawhi, Vince

Should his # be retired and if so does it get retired 1st? No, and Lowry first without a doubt. You don't retire a jersey for some nebulous "put Canada on the map" and winning a dunk contest and nothing zilch nada else.... too many fans just remember him as their favourite players in their teens.

Will Masai leave? No, he has a great thing going here and he knows it. Salary, prestige, a whole country's attention, carte blanche with the team, whatever budge he wants. He's not going anywhere.

Was vince or the organization more at fault? Lots of blame on both sides, doesn't justify in the least how he screwed the team over, his teammates over and the fans over.

How good would we have been in Tmac stayed? Multiple finals, possibly a chip. Would two players who never won a damn thign on their own, have won it all together? No guarantees as it didn't work for TMac and Yao Ming.

Is Bosh a HOFer? No, but I think the HOF entry bar is too low anyways for a true hall of fame vs a sports museum for fans favourite players.

Should J.V get a ring? Of course Because it's an option for the teams, Kyle baited him like he was getting it, he contributed in a big way to a championship season....and he's one of the most likable Raptors in history lol. I'm at peace with him not getting one .... but still gonna lobby for him

Why did casey start Handsbrough in a playoff game to guard paul pierce? Case gonna Case

How good is McCaw? Great .... at eating salty crackers

Jokic vs Embiid? Different animals. Both could be truly intimidating specimens and both have to somehow stay healthy. I don't think we've seen the best of either of them.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Tank or No Tank?
          How was this not on the list? Do people know how many hours were wasted on this? Posters banned? Passionate defendants on both sides. Good times.

Comment

Where does Vince rank? Up there. As the saying goes, there's no such thing as bad press. He made us shine at a time where we could have gone the way of the Grizzlies. He inspired a country of young basketball stars. He gave us whatever "it factor" we had at that time. No amount of later immaturity changes that.
            Should his # be retired and if so does it get retired 1st? I know it's not the MLB where they go to the HOF wearing team caps but would you not be upset if he went in wearing a Nets jersey. I'd say 60/40 for getting retired. But if it does, he'll be first...he'll retire way before anyone else (I think)
            Will Masai leave? Eventually but not laterally. I think he'd leave for the league office or for the African league
            Was vince or the organization more at fault? Wimpy answer but...tied
            How good would we have been in Tmac stayed? Two HOF'ers on one team in their prime? Usually works out well
            Is Bosh a HOFer? He rode the coat tails of enough HOF'ers that he'll get there. If Kyle deserves is it's hard to say Bosh doesn't
            Should J.V get a ring? Yes. Can I answer this question more than once? So pissed off I'm missing his return game
            Why did casey start Handsbrough in a playoff game to guard paul pierce? Why did Casey (insert various lines here)?
            How good is McCaw? Better than everyone thinks (how's that for a low bar)
            Jokic vs Embiid? ​​​​​​​Jokic is strangely more durable and often remembers to play like he is a hulking centre

And last but not least, no tank

Comment

I figured that the thoughts on those 3 would be pretty unanimous.
              Only because Chr1s1anL is no longer on this board. lol. I'm pretty sure that no single topic & player generated more posts on this board than DeRozan. At least not during my time here. That said, people can probably still make a good argument ranking DeRozan over VC, Kawhi and Bosh on the all-time greatest Raptors list. Maybe that should be a question.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

And last but not least, no tank
                Tank Commander & amateur RR feature writer, Tim W, has never shown his face around these parts since "Tank for Wiggins". From what I understand he's operating under a new identity.... Tim L.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Tank Commander & amateur RR feature writer, Tim W, has never shown his face around these parts since "Tank for Wiggins". From what I understand he's operating under a new identity.... Tim L.
                  He was so passionate about tanking..and also how much he hated Bargnani. Good poster though.

Lots of controversial posters that just went away when the Raptors started doing well. Many who had to create burner accounts since they kept getting suspended. It's when we actually had mods watching this site every day.

I was on the #Tank4Wiggins train.. it was the season when Masai traded Gay & Bargnani and had a Lowry trade lined up. Would have been stupid in hindsight.. but on the other hand, Masai would have found a way to make it a success anyway.

I'm sure there is an alternate dimension where the Raps did trade Lowry yet we still win a chip anyway. Would be kind of cool to see how things played out in that dimension.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Only because Chr1s1anL is no longer on this board. lol. I'm pretty sure that no single topic & player generated more posts on this board than DeRozan. At least not during my time here. That said, people can probably still make a good argument ranking DeRozan over VC, Kawhi and Bosh on the all-time greatest Raptors list. Maybe that should be a question.
                    I would put DeRozan over Vince and Bosh. Vince had a bigger impact outside of Toronto, but for the Raptors organization DeRozan committed for years, loved the city, and helped things stabilize after years of turmoil - ups and downs that were mostly downs because the previous guys like Vince and Bosh quit and left. DeRozan helped lay the groundwork for the championship team and was here for a lot more winning than Vince or Bosh were here for (that said - Lowry has always mattered more to winning than DD, that should be pretty clear).

Kawhi has to be above DeRozan and just behind Lowry. It was only one year, but we won. That's what it's all about. You've got one ring and one Finals MVP in franchise history. Better have that guy top 2, actually have to make the case for him to not be #1.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• i left off topics that i though would have been decided like tanking etc. Feel free too add your own tho.
                      One i forgot.
                      Is lou williams offensive output worth his defensive shortcomings?
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I would put DeRozan over Vince and Bosh. Vince had a bigger impact outside of Toronto, but for the Raptors organization DeRozan committed for years, loved the city, and helped things stabilize after years of turmoil - ups and downs that were mostly downs because the previous guys like Vince and Bosh quit and left. DeRozan helped lay the groundwork for the championship team and was here for a lot more winning than Vince or Bosh were here for (that said - Lowry has always mattered more to winning than DD, that should be pretty clear).

Kawhi has to be above DeRozan and just behind Lowry. It was only one year, but we won. That's what it's all about. You've got one ring and one Finals MVP in franchise history. Better have that guy top 2, actually have to make the case for him to not be #1.
                        Both your takes come down to how you value: winning & impact vs. loyalty & longevity. It's too complicated for me, so I don't even bother to get into the ranking debates. I do know this: Bosh is bringing up the rear behind all those guys you mentioned.

Comment

• Just saw a post where it said NBA teams are targeting a June return... Man I do not want to wait that long!

Comment

• HogieTime wrote: View Post
                            Just saw a post where it said NBA teams are targeting a June return... Man I do not want to wait that long!
                            So playoffs June-July-August. NBA Finals in mid August. One month off, then training camp starts in October?

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post

So playoffs June-July-August. NBA Finals in mid August. One month off, then training camp starts in October?
                              It didn't say any details on weather playoffs would start right away or finish the season. But I can't see much more then maybe 5 games regular season. If it was that late I would think they might change the playoff format to best of 3.

Comment

• Hell, if the season starts that late and everything is screwed up have all 30 teams make the playoffs and make it like college ball and every series is 1 game.

Comment

Working...
                                X