X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

What I am tossing out there is that the guys who suited up with him made him better as well. That without them.. Leonard.. like Lebron all by his lonesome.... doesn't prevail every time.
    You shouldn't even need to point this out cause it is so obviously true. It's true in every facet of life.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

I dunno. I've watched a lot of Clipper games and the role players seem to lack mental toughness when things go wrong - and it's still just the regular season. I don't think the role players are more composed than last year, they just have more space to operate because Kawhi and PG command so much attention from opposition defenses. It's like FVV when Pascal plays vs. when he doesn't.

Raps were already a 59 win team before Kawhi got here, and they're on pace for the same this year. The issue was getting over the hump in the playoffs. Clippers are trying to work out their on-court chemistry... still feels like they need a floor general to optimize all their weapons and find an identity. Their offense often breaks down into a your-turn / my-turn type of deal.
    George, Kawhi, Williams and now Morris are all ball-stoppers. Even if you add a consummate, professional PG, as soon as he passes it to any of those guys the ball will stop moving. It's the main reason I don't really like the Morris trade for them cause he's going to slow down things even more and he'll also want to be the hero when he should be passing the ball.

What's funny is that I really liked Morris coming to Toronto being the guy off the bench who, when the offense stalls out, just takes the ball, waves everyone off and scores every point for the next couple minutes to keep you in it. But Clips don't need that at all.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

I dunno. I've watched a lot of Clipper games and the role players seem to lack mental toughness when things go wrong - and it's still just the regular season. I don't think the role players are more composed than last year, they just have more space to operate because Kawhi and PG command so much attention from opposition defenses. It's like FVV when Pascal plays vs. when he doesn't.

Raps were already a 59 win team before Kawhi got here, and they're on pace for the same this year. The issue was getting over the hump in the playoffs. Clippers are trying to work out their on-court chemistry... still feels like they need a floor general to optimize all their weapons and find an identity. Their offense often breaks down into a your-turn / my-turn type of deal.
    Perhaps someone similar to a large assed guy with a chip on his shoulder as big as mountain who plays every aspect of the game to the best of his ability every night ?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Also you can see the impact Kawhi has on LAC now. Compared to last year, guys like Lou and Harrell are different. They play games differently. They are way more composed. Same with some of their bench guys like Shamet and Green.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    So Philly has patched the gaping hole at the water line in the ship for the time being with their win over the Clips at home and to a lesser degree the Grizz. Beating the Bulls is as newsworthy as snow in Winnipeg in January.

I thought that Brand would be forced into whacking Brett Brown right about now after the Hinkies got drilled by 20 plus three games in a row and were about to face two western conference playoff teams in the week before the ASG. But the Hinkies won them and took Brands foot off Browns throat for the time being.

There will be much noise about Philly with that win is now on track. All they need to do is steal one will go the bleat. Such is the short attention span of the NBA MSM. In the cold light of day Philly still can't win on the road. They are 9 and 19 so far. Peeled back those 9 wins have come against Detroit, Atlanta, Portland early, Knicks x 2, Cleveland x 2, the Nets and Boston.

They have won exactly one game on the road against a team over .500 in 28 tries. Anyone the Hinkies see in the playoffs will be better than 500. Waaaaaay better. The Hinks are probably going to finish 5 maybe 4 with some luck. They might not see the second round.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X