• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars
    replied
    imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Well I thought this was obvious.

I would never trade assets for a pick before draft day unless it's the #1.
    You'd only do the trade for the #1 pick prior to the draft?

I like 6 guys (Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Exum, Randle, Vonleh) from the draft more than I like Amir. So if any of those 6 guys fall then yes, otherwise no.

So if it was the #6 pick I'd trade Amir for it now without waiting for the draft.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    Kyle Anderson?
    Yes, actually he did come to mind. Only problem I have with him is that though his skill set is diverse I don't know how it will translate to the NBA. He's not the greatest athelete.

I think the Raptors should take a chance on someone like a Lavine who seems like a freak athelete like John Wall. Just needs to learn the game so he can use those god given gifts.

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I don't necessarily think the Raptors need to go after the 8th pick, but I think they should aim at drafting someone that can be a play maker. Preferably at one of the wing positions.
    Kyle Anderson?

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    I like Amir too much to give him up for the 8th seed. After the top 7 that Joey mentioned, I'd say my next favorite would be Ennis and he's not worth an Amir trade for me.

It would be hard to replace what Amir does for this team.. especially since JV is still developing and bigs are hard to come by.

So I'd only do the trade on draft day when we know who's available at 8.. otherwise I'd pass.
    Well I thought this was obvious.

I would never trade assets for a pick before draft day unless it's the #1.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    I don't necessarily think the Raptors need to go after the 8th pick, but I think they should aim at drafting someone that can be a play maker. Preferably at one of the wing positions.

Leave a comment:

• Fully
    replied
    I would love for the Raptors to get in a position where they can draft Aaron Gordon.

As the OP mentioned, the Kings have reportedly opened up the bidding for the #8 pick. I think the likelihood of the Raptors getting into the conversation for it would go up if they're convinced that Lowry isn't coming back (for whatever reason - he's asking too much, he's interested in going to LA or somewhere else, etc.) because then guys like Amir become a lot more expendable if there's going to be something of a rebuild on the fly.
    Last edited by Fully; Fri May 23, 2014, 01:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    How to get #8?

Recruit a 3rd and possibly 4th team.

I don't think Raps are a good trading partner with Sacramento.... at all.
    Especially since we already pilfered every non rookie knucklehead from the team

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    How to get #8?

Recruit a 3rd and possibly 4th team.

I don't think Raps are a good trading partner with Sacramento.... at all.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I like Amir too much to give him up for the 8th seed. After the top 7 that Joey mentioned, I'd say my next favorite would be Ennis and he's not worth an Amir trade for me.

It would be hard to replace what Amir does for this team.. especially since JV is still developing and bigs are hard to come by.

So I'd only do the trade on draft day when we know who's available at 8.. otherwise I'd pass.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Saric is very intriguing, as is Gordon. LaVine might well be there at 20.

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    With the #8 pick you can draft Aaron Gordon or Dario Saric.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    LaVine also.

Having the 8th pick gives us the pick of the litter of the potential draft steals. Plus if a team in the top 7 reaches, then one of the top prospects might fall to us.

Leave a comment:

• JordanMariam14
    replied
    With the #8 pick you can draft Aaron Gordon or Dario Saric.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Tired of people talking about trading for the #1, it's not happening.

This is more realistic, we know Sacramento has made the pick available and they are looking for immediate help to make a playoff run.

I think sending Amir, #20 and taking back either Landry or Jason Thompson's contract might be enough to move up. The question is, is there going to be anyone we like enough at #8 that's worth that kind of move?
    With the 8th pick you're still hoping one of Wiggins, Embiid, Parker, Smart, Exum, Randle or Vonleh fall.
    Those are the 7 quality picks available. Anything after them is a gamble.
    To the point where the #8 and #20 could likely produce an equally capable prospect.

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    started a topic How to get Sacramento's 8th Pick

How to get Sacramento's 8th Pick

Tired of people talking about trading for the #1, it's not happening.

This is more realistic, we know Sacramento has made the pick available and they are looking for immediate help to make a playoff run.

I think sending Amir, #20 and taking back either Landry or Jason Thompson's contract might be enough to move up. The question is, is there going to be anyone we like enough at #8 that's worth that kind of move?
Working...
X