Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars
    replied
    Let's just hope we don't become the Mavs.. they won the title in 2011, and since then have yet to win a single playoff round... 8 years later (and counting).

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    So iso scoring is important for an offense. Hope Siakam is ready for it.

I can see a few comical moments coming this season when the ball keeps getting passed back and fourth with nobody wanting to take a shot.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Yeah, this thread is a stark reminder that this team is not very good anymore

Ah well. World Champions. And we still got Masai.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Yikes.. our offense is going to be terrible for long stretches into the season. Especially if Lowry gets the yips again.

Pascal can get you maybe 25 if we're lucky. Lowry can get another 13-14 (but he can be inconsistent). That's only 40 points. Marc is not reliable. Neither is Serge. Fred can help but he's a role player.

Defensively we'll be really good.. but offensively it will be tough to watch.

I don't trust Norm to start but I think he's going to have to be the default SG unless Fred gets it (which will hurt our bench - do we really want Loyd or Payne be our primary PG off the bench?)

So I guess we'll see: Marc/Pascal/OG/Norm/Kyle.

Serge & Fred should still be our most important bench guys. RHJ to expel Pascal. Stan to expel OG. And some combo of McCaw/Matt/Boucher/Payne (or Loyd) to round it off. I suspect Davis and Hernandez to stick with the 905's like Fred and Pascal did in year 1. They will give some minutes here and there to the big club but it will be rare.

I'm impressed with Davis the little I've seen of him, but I still don't see him getting the 3rd string PG duties off the bat. Anything is possible but I'm skeptical.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    As good a guess as any as you never know what Nurse will settle on.

First five up will be: Marc... Pascal...OG... Norm... Kyle

First big in ===> Serge for Marc @ 5 Min mark
    First ball handler in.===>Fred for Kyle @ 3 min mark
    First wings in ===> Johnson for OG and McCaw in for Norm just as the half closes unless Norm is shitting the bed where you might see Thomas.
    Pascal plays the entire 1st Q...

Starting the 2nd Q===>Serge..Johnson... Boucher... Freddy .. McCaw.... Deep Breaths
    Kyle goes back in for McCaw at the 8 min mark so we can exhale.

Situational guys ===> RHJ... Miller.. Matt Thomas........

Various Guys who will see some time to see what they have... look it will be garbage time... but its floor time with a playoff calibre team. Lloyd.. Davis.. Hernandez
    I'd personally hope that with even fewer scorers this year, we see Lowry and Pascal rotated to cover all 48 minutes. Means big minutes for Pascal, gives FVV a significant set of minutes with the starters (not starting, but after Lowry subs out) to test him out in that role, and keeps the bench from collapsing into a black hole.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    As good a guess as any as you never know what Nurse will settle on.

First five up will be: Marc... Pascal...OG... Norm... Kyle

First big in ===> Serge for Marc @ 5 Min mark
    First ball handler in.===>Fred for Kyle @ 3 min mark
    First wings in ===> Johnson for OG and McCaw in for Norm just as the half closes unless Norm is shitting the bed where you might see Thomas.
    Pascal plays the entire 1st Q...

Starting the 2nd Q===>Serge..Johnson... Boucher... Freddy .. McCaw.... Deep Breaths
    Kyle goes back in for McCaw at the 8 min mark so we can exhale.

Situational guys ===> RHJ... Miller.. Matt Thomas........

Various Guys who will see some time to see what they have... look it will be garbage time... but its floor time with a playoff calibre team. Lloyd.. Davis.. Hernandez

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    We'll probably see the Siakam/Ibaka/Gasol frontcourt vs. the Sixers. Maybe other teams too. That worked, in spurts, in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    I must admit I still get confused with all of the "end of bench" signings. Then I remember that the team can carry "two-way players" and "proposition 31" (or whatever they are called) players. Even then, looking at some of the player's past history I wonder, but I have to believe that Webster and staff have a much better handle on these guys than I am able to glean from some 2 year old draft reports.

It will be fun to see how it shakes out.
    Exhibit 10?

But even with the 2-ways and Exhibit 10s taken into account, with Payne they are now at 16 contracts that don't fall into those categories. Someone with a guarantee (or Miller or Boucher) will need to be cut or traded by end of camp.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    I must admit I still get confused with all of the "end of bench" signings. Then I remember that the team can carry "two-way players" and "proposition 31" (or whatever they are called) players. Even then, looking at some of the player's past history I wonder, but I have to believe that Webster and staff have a much better handle on these guys than I am able to glean from some 2 year old draft reports.

It will be fun to see how it shakes out.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    I have no idea what's actually gonna be, this time of year before training camp everything is really up in the air. What I would like to see though (which may be quite different then the real thing) is this:

Lowry/ FVV/ Loyd
    Norm/ Matt Thomas/ Stanley Johnson
    OG/ McCaw/ Miller
    Siakam/ Hernandez/ Rondae
    Gasol/ Ibaka/ Boucher

Konate & Terence Davis as 2-ways
    My sources say you pretty much nailed it.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    I'm hearing rumors that it's

-Gasol
    -Pascal
    -OG
    -Fred
    -Kloe

as a starting unit and whoever wins will get to be bench. Nurse loves FVV, like parental love, so that wouldn't surprise me.
    I can't see FVV getting the start beside Kyle. They will play minutes together, but not to start games. When I look at substitution patterns it does not seem to work to start both.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    That will be a scary (not in a good way) second lineup if Nurse pulls any hockey shift changes

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    I have no idea what's actually gonna be, this time of year before training camp everything is really up in the air. What I would like to see though (which may be quite different then the real thing) is this:

Lowry/ FVV/ Loyd
    Norm/ Matt Thomas/ Stanley Johnson
    OG/ McCaw/ Miller
    Siakam/ Hernandez/ Rondae
    Gasol/ Ibaka/ Boucher

Konate & Terence Davis as 2-ways

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    I'm hearing rumors that it's

-Gasol
    -Pascal
    -OG
    -Fred
    -Kloe

as a starting unit and whoever wins will get to be bench. Nurse loves FVV, like parental love, so that wouldn't surprise me.

Leave a comment:

• rightsideup
    started a topic possible rotations 2019/2020

possible rotations 2019/2020

what are your thoughts
    i think kyle, norm, og , paskal start, marc and serge split the center
    with fred, and numorous fill ins at the two , i expect kyle and fred to play together as well, stan back up, jefferson backs pascal maybe boucher, what do you think
Working...
X