X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSF
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I agree that Curry is more valuable because he's one of a few scorers in the league who can totally take over a game for stretches. But the bold is pretty far off. Curry is only 2 years younger than Lowry, and he has a history of bad ankle issues. There's no guarantee Curry will do anything longer.
    Their type of game though. Lowry plays at the hole, Curry plays from the 3-point line. Look at 32 year old wade vs 38 year old Allen.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    TSF wrote: View Post
    Yeah, but Curry is such a deadly scorer that it changes everything about the way you play GSW. You put anybody else in that offense, even CP3 The Point God or Russell The Destroyer, and it becomes less scary. Plus he's set to be doing what he does for the next ten years, lowry isn't. If curry hadn't been locked down back when he was full of promise but usually injured, he'd be making the max right now.
    I agree that Curry is more valuable because he's one of a few scorers in the league who can totally take over a game for stretches. But the bold is pretty far off. Curry is only 2 years younger than Lowry, and he has a history of bad ankle issues. There's no guarantee Curry will do anything longer.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Will Phoenix keep both Bledsoe & Dragic next year? I have always liked Dragic and pursuing him might be a good backup plan as well. He does have another year @7.5 mill. with player option yr. after (which he will not exercise for sure) so a trade would have to be arranged.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Dunno about let Lowry walk and sign Bledsoe but I do think he'd be a more than solid plan B.

I also don't think resigning Lowry is as much a slam dunk as many think.

Leave a comment:

• TSF
    replied
    Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    Not sure I agree, but let's compare 2013/14 years and I would suggest Stephen Curry and Lowry though two different players are similar in benefits to the team. Curry is a better scorer and Lowry is slightly better as a team leader and defender.
    Yeah, but Curry is such a deadly scorer that it changes everything about the way you play GSW. You put anybody else in that offense, even CP3 The Point God or Russell The Destroyer, and it becomes less scary. Plus he's set to be doing what he does for the next ten years, lowry isn't. If curry hadn't been locked down back when he was full of promise but usually injured, he'd be making the max right now.

Leave a comment:

• Heatdreamer
    replied
    Not sure I agree, but let's compare 2013/14 years and I would suggest Stephen Curry and Lowry though two different players are similar in benefits to the team. Curry is a better scorer and Lowry is slightly better as a team leader and defender.

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    Sign Lowry for Stephen Curry 4/44 monies. Not as a good as Stephen and lowry is four years older, and instead of 4/40 pay the little bit of inflation , and move unto the other RFAs and than trade for Perkins +21 st for Salmons + hansborough..
    While it does make sense to sign Lowry for Curry money, that reasoning makes no sense.

Curry got that deal because he had ankle problems, and at the time he wasn't really better than Lowry is now.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Lowry's worth to this team goes faaaaaaaar beyond the stat sheets. His value off the court, will need to be replaced.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Bledsoe's max is 25% of the salary cap. 2014-15 cap is projected to be $63.2M, so the max for Bledsoe (from any team besides Phoenix) would be a 4 year deal starting at $15.8M.

Max raises are 4.5% of the initial base salary (so $711K). So we're looking at a deal like this for Bledsoe:

Year 1: $15.80M
    Year 2: $16.51M
    Year 3: $17.22M
    Year 4: $17.93M
    Total: $67.46 (so 20M more than Lowry over 4 years)

That number is a little high, because the NBA uses a different calculation to determine max salaries based on a lower BRI.
    Yeah, it's high. The real number is likely to be more like:

14.1M
    14.7M
    15.3M
    15.9M
    Total (60M)

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Bledsoe always seemed a bit overrated to me. His injury history is worrisome. Also you have to consider his contract year as well.

I wouldn't pay him the max... I really don't like that as a plan B or C. I'd rather just reclaim some of that cap space. I hope MU gets a PG in the draft. One of Ennis/Payton/Napier should be available by 20 or even 37.

Leave a comment:

• Heatdreamer
    replied
    Sign Lowry for Stephen Curry 4/44 monies. Not as a good as Stephen and lowry is four years older, and instead of 4/40 pay the little bit of inflation , and move unto the other RFAs and than trade for Perkins +21 st for Salmons + hansborough..

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Not a bad backup plan. I'd also be comfortable with starting Vasquez and making a move in the draft to ensure we get Ennis. I think Ennis would be a good PG of the future should Lowry choose to leave. Vasquez would give us the ability to bring Ennis along slowly.

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    What is Bledsoe's max? If Lowry walks I'd be more than happy if MU went after Bledsoe, but I have no interest in over-paying him. IS he a $15-16mil + per year player? I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that, but honestly, a JV/TR/DD/EB core looks just as good as one with Lowry IMO. I like both guys alot, so it's really a coin flip or matter of price for me.
    Bledsoe's max is 25% of the salary cap. 2014-15 cap is projected to be $63.2M, so the max for Bledsoe (from any team besides Phoenix) would be a 4 year deal starting at $15.8M.

Max raises are 4.5% of the initial base salary (so $711K). So we're looking at a deal like this for Bledsoe:

Year 1: $15.80M
    Year 2: $16.51M
    Year 3: $17.22M
    Year 4: $17.93M
    Total: $67.46 (so 20M more than Lowry over 4 years)

That number is a little high, because the NBA uses a different calculation to determine max salaries based on a lower BRI.

Leave a comment:

• magoon
    replied
    $11m a year for Lowry versus making a max offer to Bledsoe that Phoenix can match (and have stated publicly, more than once, that they will match if they have to?). Yeah, let's think about this one real hard before saying that the Bledsoe plan is a terrible idea.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    What is Bledsoe's max? If Lowry walks I'd be more than happy if MU went after Bledsoe, but I have no interest in over-paying him. IS he a $15-16mil + per year player? I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that, but honestly, a JV/TR/DD/EB core looks just as good as one with Lowry IMO. I like both guys alot, so it's really a coin flip or matter of price for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X