X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sportsfan929
    replied
    bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    Is Bledsoe really a max guy? Haven't seen him play enough this year.
    Well i just looked up some stats to compare him to another point guard who was drafted same year and got a max extension, John Wall.

2013-2014 (4th season for both players) Per36 numbers
    Player FG% 3P% FT% TRB AST STL BLK TOV PTS
    Bledsoe 0.477 0.357 0.772 5.1 6.0 1.8 0.4 3.6 19.4
    Wall 0.433 0.351 0.805 4.0 8.7 1.8 0.5 3.6 19.1
    It seems as though in today's market and if he stays healthy, yes, he will be getting max or very close to max salary.
    Last edited by sportsfan929; Sun May 25, 2014, 11:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gman
    replied
    There's no point in jeopardizing the future of the team by being obsessed with staying good. Good is the enemy of great. Play smart and hopefully we get Lowry...if not, take a reasonable swing for Bledsoe. If that doesn't work then you work with what we have. I trust MU is going to make the best decisions based on what is out there and what is possible.

Leave a comment:

• dzoni71
    replied
    The last thing we should do if Lowry walks is to panic and offer a max to a non-max player. I'd rather Raps take a step back next year, make Vasquez their stater and wait until 2015 when we can be major players in the free agent market.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    I suspect this could be a decent plan C or something. If Lowry prices himself out of our range, say the Lakers offer the max, maybe it's worth letting him walk and taking a home run swing elsewhere. And if sign and trading Lowry falls through, you're stuck with trying to capitalize on that cap space.

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    He's not a max guy but to pry him from Phoenix, it'll need to be at least near max.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bryan colangelo
    replied

Leave a comment:

replied
    We need Klow!

On a good deal.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    After all the love bon mots thrown at Lowry by MU I doubt he would pull that move...unless of course KL starts demanding beyond the certain parameters that have probably already been discussed. Imo....the max would be a overpay for Bledsoe.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    I would have guessed Bled is an $11 mil per player at the highest. I hate the idea of overpaying that much for anyone, especially with all of the other risks involved.

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    Extremely risky because if Phoenix matches we lose both players.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    I was thinking about his knee but then remembered Lowry tore acl as well.

Certainly something to consider.

Risk of course is Phoenix does match and Lowry is bitter.

I'd say pass.

Leave a comment:

• sportsfan929
    started a topic Interesting proposition from the Lowe Post

Interesting proposition from the Lowe Post

Zach Lowe's guest on the newest Lowe Post podcast, Kevin Arnovitz, suggested the possibility of Toronto letting Lowry walk then offering the maximum contract offer to Bledsoe. Apparently this works salary wise if we buy out Salmons, i haven't checked though. What do you think?

I think, provided Phoenix doesn't match, we would be getting a roughly equivalent defender and maybe a slightly less polished offensive facilitator. But Bledsoe would be much younger, much more athletic, and still has a decent shooting stroke (35% from 3 last year i think). It is intriguing to think of a Derozan and Bledsoe back court, with Ross hopefully progressing, JV improving, and an incoming draft pick.
Working...
X