No announcement yet.

Continuity = Asset Accumulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phoenix is looking for a PF , I believe at least 1 first round pick would be available for 2014.

Comment

Everyone agrees that a veteran can be had using Salmons and or Hansborough -with the TPE ( AB -1.5 & RG -4.5 mill), with Buycks, decolo , and Stone ( 3.6 million). You could do two separate trades. Hansborough+ B,D & S + 4.5 for a value up 11.5 million or salmons +4.5 or + 1.5 allowing anywhere up a 15 million . 7 million dollars usually gives the other team near the luxury tax to do a MLE. This is worth a player + a late round pick.
      My favorite would be a Prince + 22 or Perkins +21 or 29. Hansborough could be retained as a 4 th front court player and Okc could retain 6 million dollars.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
        Everyone agrees that a veteran can be had using Salmons and or Hansborough -with the TPE ( AB -1.5 & RG -4.5 mill), with Buycks, decolo , and Stone ( 3.6 million). You could do two separate trades. Hansborough+ B,D & S + 4.5 for a value up 11.5 million or salmons +4.5 or + 1.5 allowing anywhere up a 15 million . 7 million dollars usually gives the other team near the luxury tax to do a MLE. This is worth a player + a late round pick.
        My favorite would be a Prince + 22 or Perkins +21 or 29. Hansborough could be retained as a 4 th front court player and Okc could retain 6 million dollars.
        De Colo cannot be traded, as he is a FA, unless you are banking on a SnT, which seems unlikely in this scenario.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I would love the Chicago trade for Boozer + 16th Pick.

Huge expiring for the deadline, allows the Bulls to save money, since they're cheap.

Also, just as a thought. Could we also flip Boozer's Expiring into a Pick + Slightly Longer/Not too detrimental contract also?

Could have 2x 2014 picks, 2x 2015 picks, and 2x 2016 picks in that scenario. It's really not a bad way. Especially the 2016 pick, being unprotected and all.

Comment

Denver is 'open for business'

Anyone like to buy low on Gallinari? Big contract, extremely injured history...could we get away with just offering them some salary relief with Salmons + ??? + second rounder(s)

Salary situation for us could get a little tight down the road...however DG may be worth it.

Thoughts?

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

Anyone like to buy low on Gallinari? Big contract, extremely injured history...could we get away with just offering them some salary relief with Salmons + ??? + second rounder(s)

Salary situation for us could get a little tight down the road...however DG may be worth it.

Thoughts?
              I like his game but I want no part of him because of his injury issues. Back issues that have persisted for much of his career are a huge concern.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                I like his game but I want no part of him because of his injury issues. Back issues that have persisted for much of his career are a huge concern.
                But, for something like our useless junk, Salmons + Buycks + 2nd Round Picks like OldSkoolCool mentioned, you don't think that's worth it?

He comes off the books by 2016 10.8/11.5 left on his contract. So, 2 Yr/22M Essentially.

Thoughts?
                Isn't he, a better Bargnani? Like somebody who actually plays D and Rebounds quite well for his size? And albeit, cheaper, younger, and a better shooter also?

On another note, also been thinking. I know we've explored Houston Trades before, but, do you think we can manage to fleece Chicago or Houston a little bit? They're both trying to make plays for Melo, but they need to get under the cap.

Chicago needs to rid Gibson, Dunleavy, Boozer likely, or somebody that fits those salaries.

Boozer 16.8, expiring this season. Dunleavy 3M, expiring this season, and Gibson 8.5 for 3-More Years, off books by 2017. Curious as to how the Bulls will approach this, since they want to keep Gibson obviously. He's on a good deal too.

Houston needs to rid Asik and Lin.

Asik and Lin are owed 15M/Ea in terms of Cap-Space I believe, but are expiring next season.

Could we leech some picks out of Chicago/Houston? Maybe some 2014 Picks, along with 2016 picks too? Who knows.

I feel like we should take on other team's crap, that doesn't extend too far, like Houston's/Chicago's while accumulating draft picks. Whether or not we actually use them, is a different story. We buy when teams are desperate, and then we have the chance of selling them in the future when their value increases.

Can anybody think of a way where we can help both Chicago and Houston clear up enough space for Melo?
                Last edited by phiLLy; Wed May 28, 2014, 12:08 AM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Well before he went down with his ACL he put together a few good years. The back stopped being an issue a few seasons ago. Also Alex should be able to really help him out.

Injuries may not be a really big concern anymore unless freak things happen again (like his ACL).

Do you think he would fit in the Raptors system? Especially at such a cheap price

Comment

If Gallo can be had for salary relief and our first, you've gotta take that shot. He can be a really dangerous player.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post
                      But, for something like our useless junk, Salmons + Buycks + 2nd Round Picks like OldSkoolCool mentioned, you don't think that's worth it?

He comes off the books by 2016 10.8/11.5 left on his contract. So, 2 Yr/22M Essentially.

No, not worth it. That's 2 years where he might not be contributing much at all, and where for those 2 years your cap flexibility is gone. He didn't play in a single game last year. His injuries have caused him to miss much time. So yeah, I don't see how it's worth it. Would rather maintain maximum flexibility.

Fills a need, but don't see it as a move that really puts us over the top. And it's so costly even if it only costs "junk" in terms of assets, because he makes a lot and makes it so our roster is basically locked until he's gone.

Again I like Gallo's game a lot, but he has a history of back issues and tore his ACL. You'd be buying low, but with HUGE risk. Guy has basically been totally sidetracked by injuries half his years in the league.

All that said, it's not like the move would totally piss me off. But if it were my choice I wouldn't make the trade. **If they did acquire him, I'd be thrilled if he proved me wrong and played mostly healthy for 2 seasons, because he really could be a very good fit on the court.
                      Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed May 28, 2014, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Well before he went down with his ACL he put together a few good years. The back stopped being an issue a few seasons ago. Also Alex should be able to really help him out.

Injuries may not be a really big concern anymore unless freak things happen again (like his ACL).

Do you think he would fit in the Raptors system? Especially at such a cheap price
                        I think he would fit, but I also think it's a bigger gamble on his health than you do.

It's hard to come back healthy from injuries. His back never really stopped being an issue. He missed a decent chunk of games in both seasons before the 12-13 one where he tore his ACL. Hard to know if those are gone.

The price is not necessarily cheap. It could cost you the 2015 free agent market.

Again, I just don't think it is really such a monumental move that the Raps need to make.

Comment

Honestly part of what would really alarm me is if Denver actually is willing to sell so low on Gallinari. Would not see that as a good sign at all.

Comment

I'd do it if they included a counter on the swap for the NY pick.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I never liked Gallo's contract.. I think he is highly overpaid. I like that he only has 2 years left now but it will basically kill their cap space in 2015 and that's when they can make their big moves in free agency. Gallo doesn't turn them into contenders. And that's all assuming that he is healthy.

If Denver is really open for sale than the guy I'd be interested in is Wilson Chandler. Wilson Chandler (when healthy) is the type of wing we'd want. Has good length/size and can shoot the 3. Don't know what it would take to get him considering he's basically an expiring contract (his 2nd year is non-guaranteed for $2M).

Comment

I like Gallinari. I think his contract is ok when he's healthy. And if I could reasonably expect him to be healthy, I would take him over some bird in the bush. Besides, the Raptors would still have max cap room (or close) in 2015. They would just have to be smart with their money and not overspend on role players this summer.

But if the Nuggets were willing to give Gallinari away for free, then yeah, I'd have to wonder what their doctors told them about his future.

I don't want to guess about health. But Gallinari was a top 3 player on a 57 wins team just a year ago, he's 25, and he has a skillset that's very highly valued by modern NBA teams. So if his price is basically just cap space, I'd have to ask why.

Comment

Working...
                                X