No announcement yet.

Continuity = Asset Accumulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What position would Gallo play for us? SF or PF? Is he any good defensively?

Comment

It's stuff like this that makes one pause...

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/1/2...l-surgery-knee

He has played both the SF & PF and has been "good" defensively but with the ACL issues all bets are off until he takes the floor again I would think.

Comment

Would do it for Hansborough + fields+ stone + Buycks . This mitigates raptor exposure

Comment

People have a problem with DeMar's contract and paying Lowry... but yeah let's go out and get Gallo for 11M a year...

"Grass-is-greener on the other side" syndrome

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
            People have a problem with DeMar's contract and paying Lowry... but yeah let's go out and get Gallo for 11M a year...

"Grass-is-greener on the other side" syndrome
            always tie it into Demar somehow... did you stop and think those two groups of people may not have much overlap?
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Salmons for chandler

Comment

NOOOOO!!l!!!
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                  Salmons for chandler
                  No way- salmons can be waived to save 6 mil off the cap. Now, a hayes or fields or novak for chandler deal is intriguing. We might need to throw in a second, but they would be same length contracts, for a player at a position of need, with more talent.
                  @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
                    No way- salmons can be waived to save 6 mil off the cap. Now, a hayes or fields or novak for chandler deal is intriguing. We might need to throw in a second, but they would be same length contracts, for a player at a position of need, with more talent.
                    why stop at chandler, I like Kevin Love more.
                    "Bruno?
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                      why stop at chandler, I like Kevin Love more.
                      Lol Chandler for Novak+2nd? You think that's so unrealistic as to bring up Love? When Chandler's minutes are gonna go to Gallo (he played 83% of his minutes at SF) and he can't just go back to playing PF 70% of the time like 2012-2013 because they have Faried AND Hickson And Randolph? Saving 3 million and getting a player who can space the floor better, plus a second?
                      @Boymusic66

Comment

Wait wait wait, Wilson Chandler?

I thought this was about Salmons for Tyson Chandler...
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Lol Chandler for Novak+2nd? You think that's so unrealistic as to bring up Love? When Chandler's minutes are gonna go to Gallo (he played 83% of his minutes at SF) and he can't just go back to playing PF 70% of the time like 2012-2013 because they have Faried AND Hickson And Randolph? Saving 3 million and getting a player who can space the floor better, plus a second?
                          But there's no real need for Novak at all for them. It's basically Chandler for a 2nd rounder and an end of bencher....if Chandler is going to lose minutes to Gallo, Faried, Hickson, etc....Then Novak is going to basically never see the floor except for injuries. Also Chandler can play either wing spot if need be, and Denver is not that deep on the wing, so I don't see why they'd make that trade at all.

You have to give the other team something they think they need for a trade to work. Novak and a 2nd rounder is not going to get Denver excited at all. I don't think Salmons and a 2nd rounder would either.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            But there's no real need for Novak at all for them. It's basically Chandler for a 2nd rounder and an end of bencher....if Chandler is going to lose minutes to Gallo, Faried, Hickson, etc....Then Novak is going to basically never see the floor except for injuries. Also Chandler can play either wing spot if need be, and Denver is not that deep on the wing, so I don't see why they'd make that trade at all.

You have to give the other team something they think they need for a trade to work. Novak and a 2nd rounder is not going to get Denver excited at all. I don't think Salmons and a 2nd rounder would either.
                            Chandler was a 25 minute guy when they had real needs at PF, and then at SF. If your Denver, and you're looking at this roster, do you have faith in the guys you want to start? If you do, then Chandler is only going to get 15-20. If you're Denver trying to open up cap space and/or avoid the luxury, why not save 4 million, and split Chandler's 15-20 between Novak and a rookie?
                            @Boymusic66

Comment

Chandler was a 25 minute guy when they had real needs at PF, and then at SF. If your Denver, and you're looking at this roster, do you have faith in the guys you want to start? If you do, then Chandler is only going to get 15-20. If you're Denver trying to open up cap space and/or avoid the luxury, why not save 4 million, and split Chandler's 15-20 between Novak and a rookie?
                              well you aren't saving cap space in that situation.

novak is making nearly as much as chandler and is way worse, like useless in all but the most specific situations worse.

we're trying to dump all those contracts for a reason, another team isn't going to give us a useful player AND take on our bad contracts.

if we're going to give them salary relief, we actually have to do that.
                              "Bruno?
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I don't know what you mean. Denver had some pretty solid rosters when he was playing 25+ mpg. Those minutes will still be there next year even if Gallinari is healthy. His minutes will not go down that much (from the 31 he was getting last year, likely back to around 25). Their roster is worse at every position then it was 2-3 seasons ago, specifically it's much less talented/deep at the wings, which is Chandler's main spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X