No announcement yet.

YOUR Mock Draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to see Tyler Ennis at 20 if he's there.
    But more realistically at 20 Clint Capela, Kristaps Porzingis, Adrian Payne or KJ McDaniels in that order. The PFs as backup and McDaniels as a great SF defensive presence. Porzingis is an intriguing very young prospect who could be something special. High risk reward kind of guy.
    At 37 Mitch McGary if he's still there (especially if we take one of the Europeans at 20.
    I also like Cleanthony Early's game - especially at 37.
    If neither of those are there then take Damien Inglis - he looks like a defensive powerhouse at the 3 and still very young.
    Finally I'd love to get a Canadian at 59 - Khem Birch or Jordan Bachynski.

Comment

Really interested to see where Embiid falls now. There's a lot of players in this draft that i would take first before Embiid. Big man w/ foot problems/injury history is just a big red flag. I don't think he gets past Boston though but if i'm the Celtics no way i take Embiid 6th overall. Just too risky.

If you look at the history of big man in this league w/ foot problems. From Bill Walton to Sam Bowie, Ilgauskas, Yao Ming, Greg Oden. I can go on and on. It's pretty scary.

Too lazy to do another full mock draft. But here's my top 6 + Raps prediction:

1. CLE - Wiggins
      2. MIL - Parker
      3. PHI - Exum
      4. ORL - Smart
      5. Jazz - Vonleh
      6. BOS - Embiid
      20. TOR - Ennis/Stokes/Capela
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Kristaps Porzingis, if I'm BC, I will draft him and mode him into an Andrea Bargnani 2.0

However, I would be happy to land one of T.Ennis, K.Anderson, A.Payne, C.Capela, K.McDaniels, or even Z.LaVine. I would be sad if we land one of J.Stokes, C.Wilcox, R.Hood, TJ.Warren, or even S.Napier.

T.Ennis - Would love to see him slip all the way to us, could potentially be a Damon Stoudamire, Tony Parker clone in the making beside he's Canadian, would love to play hard for his own team, he would be the iconic figure for years to come since Vince Carter

A.Payne - Despite the fact that he has some issues with his back but I see him as a better hustle fan favorite player, and like Amir Johnson, he could contribute right away; however we already have Amir, 2Pat, T.Hansborough and Chuck Hayes

K.Anderson - Depends on where K.Lowry will end up in the upcoming season. I see the Raptors drafting him and mode him into our Magic Johnson and grab the Kevin Durant sweepstake when 2016 season roams along. K.Anderson is better suited to play the PG in the league (at the best possible scenario he would be a J.Rose), at the worst, Shaun Livingston.

C.Capela - Capela is a great rebounder, a Kendrick Perkins clone, would be a terrific backup Center for us if we end up drafting him; however I see him being the darkhorse of the draft and might go top 10 in this year's draft

K.McDaniels - I really like his work ethics, wouldn't hurt to have a 6th man of a player to be the primary backup for both DeRozan or T-Ross, he could have a Gerald Green, JR Smith, Iman Shumpert type of career

Z.LaVine - LaVine is a great player in the making, an athletic version of Klay Thompson, LaVine could be an allstar given a few years of burn in the league

Why Not
        J.Stokes - Some say he could potentially be a great player like Tobias Harris or Kenneth Faried but I see all busts written all over this guy

CJ Wilcox - A 2nd round steal but not worth the top 20th pick for this guy despite what he says to T-Ross during recruitment camp and how much he wants to play for the Raptors

R.Hood - He's just too much of a T-Ross, both are considered as a 3D glue guy, 2nd or 3rd option on a good team, not worth the 20th pick. We have T-Ross, don't need another Hood.

TJ.Warren - Some speculate we should grab him but I see bust written all over him, he may score over 20ppg in his college career and just like so many who have scored high in college end up not living up to their potential in the league, he;s like a James Johnson 2.0 or Wesly Johnson 2.0 in the making

S.Napier - He's not worth the 1st round pick, period! More like a 2nd round pick, whoever picks him over the above players will regret it. One game won't make a difference about his overall skills.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
          Kristaps Porzingis, if I'm BC, I will draft him and mode him into an Andrea Bargnani 2.0

However, I would be happy to land one of T.Ennis, K.Anderson, A.Payne, C.Capela, K.McDaniels, or even Z.LaVine. I would be sad if we land one of J.Stokes, C.Wilcox, R.Hood, TJ.Warren, or even S.Napier.

T.Ennis - Would love to see him slip all the way to us, could potentially be a Damon Stoudamire, Tony Parker clone in the making beside he's Canadian, would love to play hard for his own team, he would be the iconic figure for years to come since Vince Carter

A.Payne - Despite the fact that he has some issues with his back but I see him as a better hustle fan favorite player, and like Amir Johnson, he could contribute right away; however we already have Amir, 2Pat, T.Hansborough and Chuck Hayes

K.Anderson - Depends on where K.Lowry will end up in the upcoming season. I see the Raptors drafting him and mode him into our Magic Johnson and grab the Kevin Durant sweepstake when 2016 season roams along. K.Anderson is better suited to play the PG in the league (at the best possible scenario he would be a J.Rose), at the worst, Shaun Livingston.

C.Capela - Capela is a great rebounder, a Kendrick Perkins clone, would be a terrific backup Center for us if we end up drafting him; however I see him being the darkhorse of the draft and might go top 10 in this year's draft

K.McDaniels - I really like his work ethics, wouldn't hurt to have a 6th man of a player to be the primary backup for both DeRozan or T-Ross, he could have a Gerald Green, JR Smith, Iman Shumpert type of career

Z.LaVine - LaVine is a great player in the making, an athletic version of Klay Thompson, LaVine could be an allstar given a few years of burn in the league

Why Not
          J.Stokes - Some say he could potentially be a great player like Tobias Harris or Kenneth Faried but I see all busts written all over this guy

CJ Wilcox - A 2nd round steal but not worth the top 20th pick for this guy despite what he says to T-Ross during recruitment camp and how much he wants to play for the Raptors

R.Hood - He's just too much of a T-Ross, both are considered as a 3D glue guy, 2nd or 3rd option on a good team, not worth the 20th pick. We have T-Ross, don't need another Hood.

TJ.Warren - Some speculate we should grab him but I see bust written all over him, he may score over 20ppg in his college career and just like so many who have scored high in college end up not living up to their potential in the league, he;s like a James Johnson 2.0 or Wesly Johnson 2.0 in the making

S.Napier - He's not worth the 1st round pick, period! More like a 2nd round pick, whoever picks him over the above players will regret it. One game won't make a difference about his overall skills.
          Hahahah you just officially blew your cover
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

if I'm BC, I will draft him and mode him into an Andrea Bargnani 2.0
            First bold: Uhhhhh, Masai is the GM.

Second: What the fuck did I just read?
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I literally just copied and pasted what I did on the ESPN.com draft machine. I have Embiid 1st here even though he probably gets drafted at 3. I think Cleveland trades down to get him -- they're the only team that had full access to his medicals, they didn't seem concerned about his back, and they're the only people who know if the foot was an old injury, etc. No other team has even interviewed him. I think they figure a way to get him. The rest is guesses and reading online rumors.

1 Joel Embiid
              7'0" C, Kansas
              Cleveland

2 Jabari Parker
              6'8" SF, Duke
              Milwaukee

3 Andrew Wiggins
              6'8" SG, Kansas
              Philadelphia

4 Dante Exum
              6'6" PG, Australia
              Orlando

5 Gary Harris
              6'5" SG, Michigan State
              Utah

6 Noah Vonleh
              6'10" PF, Indiana
              Boston

7 Julius Randle
              6'9" PF, Kentucky
              LA Lakers

8 Aaron Gordon
              6'9" PF, Arizona
              Sacramento

9 Nik Stauskas
              6'7" SG, Michigan
              Charlotte

10 Marcus Smart
              6'3" PG, Oklahoma State
              Philadelphia

11 Rodney Hood
              6'9" SG, Duke
              Denver

12 Elfrid Payton
              6'4" PG, Louisiana Lafayette
              Orlando

13 Doug McDermott
              6'8" SF, Creighton
              Minnesota

14 Dario Saric
              6'10" PF, Croatia
              Phoenix

15 Kyle Anderson
              6'9" PF, UCLA
              Atlanta

16 James Young
              6'8" SF, Kentucky
              Chicago

17 P.J. Hairston
              6'5" SG, North Carolina
              Boston

18 Zach LaVine
              6'6" PG, UCLA
              Phoenix

19 Tyler Ennis
              6'3" PG, Syracuse
              Chicago

20 Clint Capela
              6'11" PF, Switzerland
              Toronto

21 T.J. Warren
              6'8" SF, NC State
              Oklahoma City

22 Jordan Clarkson
              6'5" PG, Missouri
              Memphis

23 Cleanthony Early
              6'7" SF, Wichita State
              Utah

24 Shabazz Napier
              6'1" PG, Connecticut
              Charlotte

25 Glenn Robinson III
              6'7" SF, Michigan
              Houston

26 Adreian Payne
              6'10" PF, Michigan State
              Miami

27 K.J. McDaniels
              6'6" SF, Clemson
              Phoenix

28 Jarnell Stokes
              6'9" PF, Tennessee
              LA Clippers

29 C.J. Wilcox
              6'5" SG, Washington
              Oklahoma City

30 Jusuf Nurkic
              6'11" C, Bosnia
              San Antonio

Comment

Why Not

You are clearly very plugged into this draft class and know a lot about the prospects. As such we should all obviously take your opinions seriously.

Such as knowing that Porzingis withdrew and won't be drafted until next year. Well, there goes that idea.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

lol

Comment

Thank you for this analysis, tenforthewin.

Well better than mine anyway, I refuse to do this due to the fact that it would be embarrassingly wrong plus there will potentially be trades and stuff so it seems rather pointless.
                    Last edited by BigCamB; Wed Jun 25, 2014, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X