Trading the 20th pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Our history does not reflect that we've ever been able to draft a star so low in the draft. It's always been top 5 or 6 players.
    The history is also ripe with mismanagement and poor decisions regarding draft picks.

Grunwald gave them away or poor choice.
    Babcock.... Ugh, it still hurts.
    BC used them as sweeteners to make homerun swings that failed.

Look at who some of those guys Raps didn't pick or traded the picks.... Especially the 2nd round picks.

Hopefully Raps are starting a new history and have closed the book on two decades.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
      Does it matter? He's in one of the best systems in the nba if not the best. He's also a great character who works hard. He even asked Pop to send him to the D-League so he could get some ice time and develop. He's just been to the finals, and will most likely get back there and hopefully win a ring. He's also one of the important players of the team atm, guarding Westbroock. While you don't see much of his play, he showed it last year at the FIBA Americas where he was the leader of the Canadian team.
      this is a hilarious and absurd overstatement.

cory joseph got some burn the other night, leading his team from a 26 point blowout loss to a 16 point blowout loss that was in danger of being a 36 point blowout loss.

being literally the only thing to make it approach interesting in a game where oklahoma not only took their foot off the gas but passed out at the fuckin' wheel and drifted onto the shoulder, reggie and marv and steve kerr were a little overly effusive in their praise.

the dude averages 5.6 mpg in these playoffs. he probably doesn't even make the top ten list of most important spurs, and they can only dress 12.

i wouldn't trade a chance at elfrid payton or tyler ennis or zach lavine for him.

he is canadian though.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post

cory joseph got some burn the other night, leading his team from a 26 point blowout loss to a 16 point blowout loss that was in danger of being a 36 point blowout loss.

being literally the only thing to make it approach interesting in a game where oklahoma not only took their foot off the gas but passed out at the fuckin' wheel and drifted onto the shoulder, reggie and marv and steve kerr were a little overly effusive in their praise.

the dude averages 5.6 mpg in these playoffs. he probably doesn't even make the top ten list of most important spurs, and they can only dress 12.

i wouldn't trade a chance at elfrid payton or tyler ennis or zach lavine for him.

he is canadian though.
        Yeah I read that comment too and raised my eyebrows a bit. He's been exclusively a blowout player during the postseason, and for most of his career thus far actually. I'd love to get my hands on a local talent who has learned at the altar of Popovich for the last few seasons, but definitely not at the cost of the #20 pick. You can easily find a player at that spot with similar or superior upside, plus you get to control their contract for longer, etc.

Comment

I don't even think id trade the 37th for Joseph.

People always overrate the fuck out of guys that go deep into the playoffs. That's why everyone was calling role players like klay Thompson and kawhi Leonard rising superstars last year.

Cujo sucks...

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
            I don't even think id trade the 37th for Joseph.

People always overrate the fuck out of guys that go deep into the playoffs. That's why everyone was calling role players like klay Thompson and kawhi Leonard rising superstars last year.

Cujo sucks...
            Lol Leonard is a rising star... Thompson is solid but had a good playoff run that got him elevated. Then again, we also did it with Paul George, and we were right.
            @Boymusic66

Comment

chris wrote: View Post

he is canadian though.
              Nicely Said ....

Comment

Working...
              X