Nationally Televised Games on ABC, ESPN, TNT, NBATV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationally Televised Games on ABC, ESPN, TNT, NBATV

I typically don't bother with images, but I thought this was interesting.

This might be the most the Raptors have had. Ranking 14th out of 30 is a certain amount of disrespect, but with two major pieces leaving the team, and no free agent acquisitions, no one can argue that they are as relevant as they were on July 1st.

This was what the NBA schedulers decided and ESPN, TNT, ABC and NBATV are not making any money off the advertisers for the Toronto side of this equation.

Ranking 15th is very good, considering: we're not a major US market, we aren't a legit championship contender and we don't have a legit top 20 player or really popular NBA 'personality' on the roster.

Brooklyn ranking only 12th has to be pretty disappointing for them.

Comment

The top 16 teams correlate well to the teams making the playoffs. If you change OKC with Indiana it works better. Indiana gets no respect.

Comment

I like how ABC is just 7 teams playing each other in a round robin all year
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Gonzz wrote: View Post
          The top 16 teams correlate well to the teams making the playoffs. If you change OKC with Indiana it works better. Indiana gets no respect.
          I'm mostly interested in watching New Orleans crash and burn and the networks being stuck with crappy games all season....

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

I'm mostly interested in watching New Orleans crash and burn and the networks being stuck with crappy games all season....
            I'd sooner see two LA teams under perform for the same reasons

Comment

I would imagine the networks would change this throughout the year. I mean if Zion gets hurt I don't see ESPN or ABC airing as many games as they have. Or if a team like Chicago some how is playing well and looking good (or if Coby White is looking like a stud).. they have a sizable US market with a rich history then I could see them gaining more nationally televised games.

But being ranked 14th now before the season even starts is pretty cool. Has to be the most games they've had ever.. even more so than last year when we actually had Kawhi on the team.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

I'm hoping they succeed...Pro-Small Market I guess. Would much rather LA crash and burn
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

I'm hoping they succeed...Pro-Small Market I guess. Would much rather LA crash and burn
                  The Williamson hype has turned me off I guess....

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    Ranking 15th is very good, considering: we're not a major US market, we aren't a legit championship contender and we don't have a legit top 20 player or really popular NBA 'personality' on the roster.

Brooklyn ranking only 12th has to be pretty disappointing for them.
                    Fuck Brooklyn.

Comment

Working...
                    X