Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magoon
    replied
    Move 1: Trade John Salmons, Tyler Hansbrough, Dwight Buycks and Steve Novak and the #20 pick to Chicago for Carlos Boozer, the #16 and #19 picks, and the Sacramento pick they own.

Move 2: Draft Tyler Ennis at #16, KJ McDaniels at #19, Damien Inglis at #37 and Jordan Bachynski at #59.

Move 3: Renounce Bird rights on Nando del Colo and Julyan Stone.

Move 4: Re-sign Kyle Lowry (11m per year for four years), Greivis Vasquez ($3.5m per year for three years), and Patrick Patterson ($3.25m per year for three years).

Move 5: Sign Vince Carter at $3.5m per year for two years using the MLE.

Move 6: Exercise option on Amir Johnson to bring him back.

Lowry (11) / Greivis (3.5) / Ennis (1.5)
    DeMar (9.5) / Vince (3.25) / TRoss (2.8)
    McDaniels (1.2) / Inglis (.6) / Fields (6.25)
    Amir (7) / 2Pat (3.25) / Boozer (16.8)
    Jonas (3.6) / Hayes (6) / Bachynski (.6)

Total: 76.85, just skirting under the projected luxury tax boundary. We bring back our core, and replace most of the unnecessary fringe bits with rookies we can develop - and we have nearly $30m in expiring salaries to give us maximum flexibility going forward, either for a trade or for a big free-agent signing in 2015.
    Last edited by magoon; Mon Jun 2, 2014, 10:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    He average 19 and 7 in the 22 games he played this season so he seemed to be okay mentally, although obviously this injury does cloud things. I don't really think him and Anthony Davis can work together either, the last 2 seasons line ups with those 2 have been horrendous defensively (although Davis improving there by next season will naturally help).
    I agree, I think in an ideal world Anthony Davis would play PF next to a center like Al Jefferson that has the body to guard the low post well. Davis is more of a weakside shot blocker/intimidator at the rim. He doesn't have the body to be banging with centers though.

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsnz
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Anderson's skills are known.

What is not known is if those skills will ever be on full display again.

He has had a traumatic year. His g/f committed suicide and then he suffered serious injury - the same as TJ Ford.

I hope he makes a full recovery mentally and physically but would want to see him play before committing to his contract.

BTW, great thread! I'll add my two cents shortly!
    He average 19 and 7 in the 22 games he played this season so he seemed to be okay mentally, although obviously this injury does cloud things. I don't really think him and Anthony Davis can work together either, the last 2 seasons line ups with those 2 have been horrendous defensively (although Davis improving there by next season will naturally help).

Leave a comment:

replied
    Is insult people the only thing you do around here?

Leave a comment:

• Jamshid
    replied
    Why would the Pelicans trade Ryan Anderson for 2 players who are essentially the same as him but a lot worse?
    LOOOOL, Because they are apparently morons who would think Novak will do the same thing that Anderson does

REALITY is really missing here among Raptor Fans.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Ryan Anderson is a known entity, PP still has room to grow. Steve Novak provides the shooting that Anderson and they also get a second rounder. I think it's a fair trade especially since Anderson's injured and PPAT came off a good year.
    Anderson's skills are known.

What is not known is if those skills will ever be on full display again.

He has had a traumatic year. His g/f committed suicide and then he suffered serious injury - the same as TJ Ford.

I hope he makes a full recovery mentally and physically but would want to see him play before committing to his contract.

BTW, great thread! I'll add my two cents shortly!

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    Why would the Pelicans trade Ryan Anderson for 2 players who are essentially the same as him but a lot worse?
    Ryan Anderson is a known entity, PP still has room to grow. Steve Novak provides the shooting that Anderson and they also get a second rounder. I think it's a fair trade especially since Anderson's injured and PPAT came off a good year.

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsnz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    started a topic 6 Degrees

6 Degrees

So they played this cool game on RR and I wanted to start a thread to see everyone's opinions.

Pretty much you get to be the Raptor's GM and make 6 moves to make the team as good as possible. Similar moves count as 1 move (ex. Sign Lowry to a 4yr/44mil deal, sign Vasquez, rescind offer to Buycks etc). All trades must go through NBA trade machine to make sure they work, and must be reasonable. You must oblige to the cap (about 63mil but you are allowed to spend around what the raptors spent this year, so let's max it at 72 mil). You must have 13-15 players on the team.

Here's mine:

Move 1. Draft Jeremi Grant with the 20th pick. Draft Kristaps Porzingis with the 37th pick. Draft Jordan Bachynski with the 59th pick. Stash Porzingis in Europe for a couple years.

Move 2. Sign Vince Carter to a 2 yr/6mil deal. 3mil per.

Move 3. Sign Greivis Vasquez to a 2 year/6.4mil deal with an option on a 3rd year. 3.2mil per. Sign Patrick Patterson to a 2yr/8.6mil deal to be used in a sign and trade. 4.3mil per. Rescind the offer to Dwight Buycks, Julyan Stone, John Salmons and Tyler Hansbrough.

Move 4. Trade Patrick Patterson(4.3mil), Steve Novak(3.4mil) and a 2016 second rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans for Ryan Anderson(2yrs left at 8.5 mil per).

Move 5. Sign Kyle Lowry to a 4yr/42mil deal. 10.5mil per.

Move 6. Pick up Amir Johnson's option for 7mil.

Cap Taken:
    KL: 10.5 GV: 3.2 NDC:1.2
    DD: 9.5 VC: 3
    TR: 2.8 JG: 1.2 LF: 8.5
    RA: 8.5 AJ: 7
    JV: 3.7 JB: 0.8 CH: 5.9

Hansbrough: 1 mil owed
    Salmons: 1 mil owed
    Camby: 4.1 owed

Total: 71.9 mil

Notice a lot of 2 year contracts, making sure we have cap space in 2016 to take care of signing JV and TRoss while also being a player on Durant and everyone else in 2016. I think our bench gets a lot stronger with GV, VC, Amir on the bench and Grant is very good defensively and can contribute even though he can't shoot all that well. Our starters become better offensively as Anderson stretches the floor for DD, KL to attack and lets JV stay down low. Put in Grant and Amir for DD and Anderson and we have a very good defensive team on the floor and put in VC for DD and we have a dangerously good 3 point shooting team.

I think these moves takes us to over 50 wins and at least a second round berth in the the playoffs while still having cap space when we'll need it.
Working...
X