2019-20 Player Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019-20 Player Rankings

It's that time of year when various media outlets begin publishing their player rankings for the upcoming season.

First up is SI:
    https://www.si.com/nba/top-100-nba-players-2020

Fred made the 25 snub list.
    https://www.si.com/nba/2019/09/09/to...-deandre-ayton

Ibaka was at 80 and Marc Gasol at 42. Looks like Pascal will crack the top 30! along with Kyle.

Hopefully OG will have a big season and get ranked next year.

Yeah but when they announce the top 3 players...well this one going to hurt.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Yeah but when they announce the top 3 players...well this one going to hurt.
      Really? I felt like it was a one night stand. We both got what we wanted and we'll just try to avoid eye contact when we pass in the street.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Really? I felt like it was a one night stand. We both got what we wanted and we'll just try to avoid eye contact when we pass in the street.
        lmao.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

No it was more like the one night where you try to make contact after to do it all again next Friday night, but she won't return your calls or texts and her friends just look away....

Comment

Gasol at 42 seems way too high, and Klay at 58 is clearly way too low.

Pascal at 24 seems about right.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

Pascal at 24 above some proven lead options like Holiday and Mitchell is a ballsy pick. Guess we can't complain about disrespect anymore.

Klay is an injury call for sure.

A player's prospects beyond the 2019-20 season do not factor into our ranking process.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

But then you see Al Horford at #18 (WTF?) and it makes Gasol's ranking look way too low. Horford and Gasol are basically the same player at this point, with Horford being the slightly more efficient scorer and younger.

Comment

Pascal is (deservedly) getting a lot of hype heading into the season. Let’s hope he lives up to it...should be fun either way though
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Well giving we are already talking about the top 3, any guesses what S.I will write (they should omit Durant from consideration since he ain't playing this season).

My guess:

1. Giannis
                    2. Lebron
                    3. Kawhi.

Giannis will be number 1 considering he was last season's MVP and he plays in the weaker Eastern Conference.

Lebron always has the talent and past success to show for and not be dismissed giving it was 1 bad year riddled with injuries and it will help his cause to have Davis in L.A.

Kawhi - Playoffs MVP and a Champion, enough said.

Comment

Vanvleet, Saric and Bogdanovic were the biggest snubs on this list imo. FVV even got a vote for finals MVP and was the backup PG on the NBA champions, I thought he'd crack the top 100

Comment

My boy Kawhi has to be no. 1.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                          My boy Kawhi has to be no. 1.
                          Probably. Championship bias clearly pays off. No way SI would have Pascal and kyle this high if we lost In the 2nd or 3rd round
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Probably. Championship bias clearly pays off. No way SI would have Pascal and kyle this high if we lost In the 2nd or 3rd round
                            agreed. i thought every raptor on that list got a championship bump and was higher than i would have guessed. i expect the same for kawhi. i predict the top 5 as:

1. kawhi
                            2. giannis
                            3. lebron
                            4. curry
                            5. harden or davis. probably harden.

Comment

Kawhi probably gets 2 or 3 since Kawhi likes load management days. I suspect Giannis to get first. Former MVP and still has something to prove.

Comment

Working...
                              X