2019-20 Player Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Hate to burst your guys bubbles but the summer of giannis is nothing but a pipe dream. The whole "cap space for a big summer" strategy is very New York Knicky..masai all about that asset management then swooping in for trades
    The official Masai burner account does not approve of this message. ^^^

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

I'd add Dallas to the mix of teams that "think they are contenders and need a legit PG", but you underestimate the boundless incompetence of certain front offices like: Suns, Hornets and Masai's favorite pigeon.... the Knicks. And the Cavs, sans Lebron.
      Oh yeah this is just based on logical thinking, there are lots of bad front offices out there, sometimes it only takes one to mortgage their future on a desperation move.

Agree on Dallas and would add Orlando as well to teams that are on the outside track thinking they're on striking distance (but aren't) AND could use a star PG, so they could throw a Hail Mary move, but Lowry on either of those teams, albeit the smart/impactful player he is, won't put them in contention. They've got some organic growth to do still imo before going all in

Comment

Hate to burst your guys bubbles but the summer of giannis is nothing but a pipe dream. The whole "cap space for a big summer" strategy is very New York Knicky..masai all about that asset management then swooping in for trades
        We can keep basically all the guys we'd want to keep past two summers from now and still have max cap room if we are smart about it. Depends on whether FVV gets overpaid, to some degree, and if they keep him if he does.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah, but if we extend Pascal at the max then we still need expiring salaries for the summer of Giannis (2021). Is Lowry going to sign for 1 year? Unlikely.... unless the offer is $45M for 1 year, or something silly like that. Then there's Ibaka, FVV and Gasol to deal with.
          That silly Lowry offer (well, 40M, which is his max) is exactly what should happen. Best for all parties, IMO. No reason to keep more than one of Ibaka/Gasol, and either of them should be short term filler as well, meaning a 1 year deal. FVV is the question mark.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Lowry ranked 28th

SI thinks Pascal is our best player and the 24th best in the league.

Pretty high praise, considering Derozan never got near that high at his peak

?

Derozan got 30th last year.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

?

30th is higher than 24th? I am a little tired today so forgive me
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

?

30th is higher than 24th? I am a little tired today so forgive me
                I mean, technically he's right, since 30th is near 24th ... which is what you said ... and we all know 'technically right' is the best kind of right. Lol

Comment

Giannis does seem like a pipe dream.. but the goal is to just keep enough cap space to land him. Don't need the cap space to get two stars, just one. If he doesn't come - he doesn't come.. but you need to give yourself that opportunity. In the NBA it's all about opportunities and going after them when they are available.. like the Kawhi situation.

If we use up that cap space on our current core, and Giannis has a rift with Bud or his front office or something and wants to leave.. we'd look like idiots.

Besides 2021 has other big fish. Dipo would be my target if Giannis stays. Dipo isn't a top 5 player, but he's pretty awesome.

Kawhi is also an option if he opts out

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Giannis does seem like a pipe dream.. but the goal is to just keep enough cap space to land him. Don't need the cap space to get two stars, just one. If he doesn't come - he doesn't come.. but you need to give yourself that opportunity. In the NBA it's all about opportunities and going after them when they are available.. like the Kawhi situation.

If we use up that cap space on our current core, and Giannis has a rift with Bud or his front office or something and wants to leave.. we'd look like idiots.

Besides 2021 has other big fish. Dipo would be my target if Giannis stays. Dipo isn't a top 5 player, but he's pretty awesome.

Kawhi is also an option if he opts out
                    No thanks.

Oladipo is not a guy you can build your team around to win a championship.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

I mean, technically he's right, since 30th is near 24th ... which is what you said ... and we all know 'technically right' is the best kind of right. Lol
                      If DeRozan peaked at 26th or 25th, I'd say he got near 24th. As it stands, I die on this hill. DeRozan never got anywhere near 24th

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

No thanks.

Oladipo is not a guy you can build your team around to win a championship.
                        Well theres like 5 of those, and one of them just hightailed it outta town

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Lowry is a win now player.....
                          The Lakers have no picks left and all their young players are in New Orleans... so they really don't have much to trade.
                          The Hinkies are a team to watch.. They don't have a PG.. Yes I know Ben Simmons lines up there but he still can't shoot. They have picks and some young pllayers and sending Kyle home is a nice gesture.
                          The Bucks have picks but they would be very low first rounders....Not sure who they have in the way of young players...
                          Orlando needs a PG in the worst way and aftersigning up Vuc and Ross they are in win now mode... They too have picks and some young prospects....

Other than that.. can't think of who needs a win now PG that has something to trade ?
                          Miami? Can't be signing Jimmy B without intentions to compete in the very near future.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

Miami? Can't be signing Jimmy B without intentions to compete in the very near future.
                            Miami wants to compete now. The whole time since James left they stayed competitive just didnt have an all star scorer. Now they do

dont think spoelstra and riley don't have goals to win the east, this year.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

For sure you would think so.. Miami wants to win now.. but peel back their books and situation and Miami is in a tough financial spot right now. They get some wiggle room only next year.

Miami is hard capped which means they can't go a dime above the 138 or so million tax apron...That means to take on Kyles 33M this year they have to move out the same in salary. Assuming they want to keep Jimmy.. that means they have to give up Dragic who is also expiring and player like winslow to make the money work. We'd do it as we get 20M in cap relief next year and a young player who is an NBA rotation player. I think we do it.... Not sure Miami does it.

So maybe they counter with Dragic and former raptor James Johnson or Kelly Olynky or shudder Dion Waiters to make the money work... If thats the case then we would want draft picks... to ease the hurt of taking on salary beyond next year... Problem is they have no draft picks. Nada. They traded a lot of their firsts to Phoneix for Dragic. I think the first one they can trade now under league rules is for 2024. They don't have any seconds till 2027 !

For sure the Heat who are in win now mode is a possible destination for Kyle . but would they give up Winslow who fits the Raps time line for 1 year of Kyle ?
                              Maybe...Maybe not..
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

I'd add Dallas to the mix of teams that "think they are contenders and need a legit PG", but you underestimate the boundless incompetence of certain front offices like: Suns, Hornets and Masai's favorite pigeon.... the Knicks. And the Cavs, sans Lebron.
                                Dallas... yeah... be a great fit but they don't have much to offer us back. I am predicating this on the assumption that Kyle is worth a 1st round pick or a roster player under 25 who has posted some bona fides in the NBA and that he should garner more than 2 second round picks.

Dallas gave up their firsts for the Zinger.. They really don't have one to give up till 2024 as well. So coming back off the roster for Kyles 33M would be some combination of Courtney Lee (12M$ - expiring) Tim Hardaway (20M$ expires in 2021 uggh), Dwight Powell (11M$ - young guy expires 2024) , our old friend Delon Wright (9m$ -2022)...

Is there a deal there for Dallas ? One year of Kyle with bird rights to resign him for a lower amount in exchange for a good chance to make this year playoffs ? Dallas would have to give up on one of Powell or Wright plus Lee... and maybe a 2nd round pick. Do they do it ? Do we do it or just take the 33M in cap relief to sign a free agent that conceiveably will be better than those Dallas roster players ?
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Sep 13, 2019, 01:28 PM.
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X