2019-20 Player Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G__Deane wrote: View Post

I think there's a distinction to be made between a number 1 "option" which every team has to have, even crappy teams.....and a true number 1, as in a top guy in the league, arbitrarily like a top 10 guy for instance.

I don't have a problem seeing Siakam as our number one option because there are so few .... options lol
    I think we want him to turn into whatever makes it easier for Masai to attract a true number 1, top 10 in the league here.....
    No need to conflate "#1 option" with SUPERSTAR, or create a new term "True #1 option" which is basically meaningless because it means SUPERSTAR. C'mon now.
    Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Tue Sep 17, 2019, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Today's discussion

Most of us: I really think Pascal has more improvement coming, all star appearance and shouldering a large offensive load, becoming a great piece of a new Core moving forward

some of us: guys, Pascal is not gonna lead us to a championship this year

most of us: we know?
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Today's discussion

Most of us: I really think Pascal has more improvement coming, all star appearance and shouldering a large offensive load, becoming a great piece of a new Core moving forward

some of us: guys, Pascal is not gonna lead us to a championship this year

most of us: we know?

Kyle Lowry:

Comment

If kyle Lowry could somehow turn back the clock 3 years and score at will in long stretches again, wed have a chance to win the east this year

Comment

If kyle Lowry could somehow turn back the clock 3 years and score at will in long stretches again, wed have a chance to win the east this year
            He basically did that when Kawhi was having his load managed, so he's certainly capable. Probably becomes a matter of durability (and having his own load managed).

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

He basically did that when Kawhi was having his load managed, so he's certainly capable. Probably becomes a matter of durability (and having his own load managed).

Comment

ESPN has released their rankings..It’s as subjective as it gets ..Lonzo Ball who has done essentially nothing in his two years in the league in the 60s...makes you smile. They have done 50 to 100.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-season-100-51

so far Disney has Raps players as follows

Freddy is 88
                  Gasol is 61

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    ESPN has released their rankings..It’s as subjective as it gets ..Lonzo Ball who has done essentially nothing in his two years in the league in the 60s...makes you smile. They have done 50 to 100.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-season-100-51

so far Disney has Raps players as follows

Freddy is 88
                    Gasol is 61

These rankings usually have rookies in there as well.. basically a subjective projection more than anything. So these ESPN staffers think Lonzo will have a better season than Marc. Not sure what they measure specifically since they play different roles on different types of teams.. but yeah, take with a grain of salt.

Only guy I'm curious about is Pascal. What do the "experts" think of him.. as it could determine whether he's a max guy or not.. although a max contract is probably inevitable.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Only guy I'm curious about is Pascal. What do the "experts" think of him.. as it could determine whether he's a max guy or not.. although a max contract is probably inevitable.
                      I'm guessing he gets #20-30 in most projections. 30's would be rating him a bit low (projecting for the next season) but not outrageous. Anything lower would be outrageous!
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Jaylen Brown at 51?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

I'm guessing he gets #20-30 in most projections. 30's would be rating him a bit low (projecting for the next season) but not outrageous. Anything lower would be outrageous!
                          Yep, and there's only 30 teams..so in the world we live in now, he's a max guy. He's not an elite #1 guy, but he's better than a lot of other teams #1 guys.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Jaylen Brown at 51?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
                            This just in: the Celtics still suck!
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

These rankings usually have rookies in there as well.. basically a subjective projection more than anything. So these ESPN staffers think Lonzo will have a better season than Marc. Not sure what they measure specifically since they play different roles on different types of teams.. but yeah, take with a grain of salt.

True ...They have Ja Morant in there in the 90s and I will put a friendly bet out there that Zion Williamson will be in the teens and that Kyle will be in 30's and Pascal will be in the low 20's.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

Kyle comes in at 39. Pascal will be in the top 30.

Comment

Working...
                                X