No announcement yet.

2019-20 Player Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hakeem Olajuwon continues to be the most underrated great player of all time. Give me Hakeem over Shaq, over any C anyday.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...=other#slide47

The GROAT btw made the list, #42. A couple more championships and he should be in the top 10-15 conversation.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Sure, and DeMar would have had another 25 ppg season if he didn't have to play a lot of point guard for the Spurs last season. But real issue with DeMar is not necessarily his production, but that his specific flaws (i.e. an "all-star" wing, with no 3 & D) are exactly the worst kind of flaws that get exposed in the playoffs, but were covered up in the regular season largely because of DeMar's foul-baiting ability. And the team had to build entire offensive and defensive schemes to compensate for DeMar's weaknesses.

Fun fact: DeMar made only 7 three-pointers last season. Seven. An all-star shooting guard. Wtf? Ok, but he made them at 15.6% clip. Smh.

At times, people argued that we might have been a better playoff team swapping DeMar for a lower usage, reliable 3&D type player or bringing him off the bench as a 6th man, microwave scorer.
      Okay, but what does this have to do with DeMar being reliant on Casey/Lowry? That is the point I am arguing, for the third time.

The fact that the Spurs won 48 games and DeMar did something only three other players have in the last 10 seasons should firmly discredit that assertion.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Okay, but what does this have to do with DeMar being reliant on Casey/Lowry? That is the point I am arguing, for the third time.

The fact that the Spurs won 48 games and DeMar did something only three other players have in the last 10 seasons should firmly discredit that assertion.
        I guess I'm late to the party on this one. I'm not even sure that's an argument. I mean, every player is reliant on the coach and the team's best players. Lowry was reliant on Kawhi to get a ring. Water is wet.

Comment

• Antetokounmpo became the first player in league history with 200 points, 100 rebounds and 50 assists in the first eight games of a season.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
            Antetokounmpo became the first player in league history with 200 points, 100 rebounds and 50 assists in the first eight games of a season.
            These stats, lol, they'll never end, there's always going to be a first for every random number of games or points/rebounds/etc.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

These stats, lol, they'll never end, there's always going to be a first for every random number of games or points/rebounds/etc.
              Agreed. The point is he's pretty good ....for all the stats, no one has done it before

Comment

Agreed. The point is he's pretty good ....for all the stats, no one has done it before
                Yes, stats don't lie.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Updated RAPTOR numbers are out:
                  https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nba-player-ratings/

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Raptors' RAPTOR. lol. OG is killing it. Terrence Davis looks promising.

Comment

• So what does RAPTOR mean?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        So what does RAPTOR mean?
                        The statistical methodology of 538 is based on this:

Last edited by Quirk; Fri Nov 8, 2019, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Stats mean less and less in the current videogame-scoring era. So hard to compare across eras as it is without rule changes designed to juice scoring.

Comment

Stats mean less and less in the current videogame-scoring era. So hard to compare across eras as it is without rule changes designed to juice scoring.
                            OK. So no one has done it in this era either

Comment

Yeah, remember when DeRozan started off the first 10 games like MJ?

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                So what does RAPTOR mean?
                                Google is your friend bruh
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X