No announcement yet.

Learning from the Pacers mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that you are putting too much importance on Amir. Sure, he has been with the Raptors for the longest time, but he is by no means the integral part of the team as you have emphasized. On a good team he would be a solid bench player at best and it does not look as if he will improve from his number from last season. If Majai is smart, he would trade Amir while his stock is at its highest the same way Bryan Colangelo did to Ed Davis when he got Rudy Gay. A player like Amir could certainly grab us a quality veteran to complement Demar, Kyle, and Jonas--whom I believe are the Raptors' core players.

Comment

slapdoghoops wrote: View Post
      I think that you are putting too much importance on Amir. Sure, he has been with the Raptors for the longest time, but he is by no means the integral part of the team as you have emphasized. On a good team he would be a solid bench player at best and it does not look as if he will improve from his number from last season. If Majai is smart, he would trade Amir while his stock is at its highest the same way Bryan Colangelo did to Ed Davis when he got Rudy Gay. A player like Amir could certainly grab us a quality veteran to complement Demar, Kyle, and Jonas--whom I believe are the Raptors' core players.
      He's also our best help defender, covers up alot of the mistakes for the guards, never needs plays called for him, has a decent enough shot to be at least semi-respected which is important for a 4, and is a core part of the chemistry on this team. Amir IS a quality veteran that compliments Demar Kyle and Jonas- who else do you think you're getting for just Amir that fits better?
      @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
        He's also our best help defender, covers up alot of the mistakes for the guards, never needs plays called for him, has a decent enough shot to be at least semi-respected which is important for a 4, and is a core part of the chemistry on this team. Amir IS a quality veteran that compliments Demar Kyle and Jonas- who else do you think you're getting for just Amir that fits better?
        Great response. Eck, even the NBA channel made a video about him.

Having a glue guy in your starting line up is crucial, every good playoff team has at least one of them in their line up. Amir is tremendous at what he does. He makes everyone around him better by just being on the floor.

grindhouse wrote: View Post
        I agree with a ton of what you are saying but you can't hold everyone's hand these are men.

The reality of the situation is Lowry probably wants money and MU probably doesn't want to tie himself to a player who may have only preformed this well cause it was a contract year. As much as we like what Lowry has done if there is a option that doesn't tie our hands from improving the overall roster in years to come then I would take that.

As far as derozan goes can u surround him with players that work well with him and does Amir want to sit on the bench and be a cheerleader?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Not sure what's your point with Derozan. Amir doesn't care if he comes off the bench and even asked Casey to play him off it during the season (in the stretch where Hands Bro started).

Thanks for the front page love, much appreciated.
        Myself (March 2014):
        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
          Let's add that he's an ELITE finisher at the rim - one of the best in the league.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
          X